“Great little place in Bangkok”
Review of Khaosan Baan Thai

Khaosan Baan Thai
Ranked #274 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 14 December 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Khaosan for 2 nights and found it to be very pleasent. The room we had was very basic but that's all we needed, a bed and 2 fans. The toilets were always clean and tidy and there was enough of them that you never had to wait. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the location was very central to everything. If we go back to Bangkok we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012
9  Thank WillyHutch

Reviewed 6 December 2012

The hostel wasn't too easy to find as the map they provide on their site omitted a number of streets hence the confusion. Anyway, the house was quite nice and somehow resembles my own house here in the Philippines. For the first time in my entire life, I decided to get a non AC room. Ang altho we got 3 fans in the room (we were 3) it wasn't really that cool. Anyway, it was worth every penny. from Khao san road, i suggest you take the cab as there really isn't much to see. It's also quite near to a pier where you could ride the ferry to the Grand Palace, Wat Po and Wat Arun so it was very convenient. If there's one thing I wish this place had, it's definitely ensuite bathrooms. :) A room for 3 with no AC for just 780 THB?! I'd say it's a steal. The owner's really nice too.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank theurbanbruha
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I stayed here for only one night on a stopover - I had a very quiet, relaxing night and breakfast was really good in the morning. The staff was extremely helpful in giving me directions for the day and in setting up a cab for me to get back to the airport. The free internet was a bonus, as well.

I don't know Bangkok extremely well so I can't comment too much on the location, but I was able to walk around and see some sights and walk back to Samsen Soi all in an afternoon.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
10  Thank jessielinn
Reviewed 4 December 2012

The place has an excellent location, just a few minutes walk from Khaosan road. It's not far from the river as well. The offer a nice little breakfast, and the lady at the reception was really friendly. Only the rooms are quite small and it can get very hot in summer, because there's only a fan in the room. Nevertheless cozy little place in the heart of Bangkok.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank EyelessView
Reviewed 4 December 2012

This guest house is located at the end of a quiet street just a little way from Khaosan Road which meant it was a nice escape from the chaos but still close enough to easily access the main attractions on foot, by tuk-tuk or boat. It is very close to a ferry dock that can zip you down to the Grand Palace, Wat Arun, etc.

Our room and all facilities were very clean and well kept. The main woman who seems to run the guest house was very helpful but never pushy with any advice like so many others in Bangkok.

Our only complaint is that we seemed to have the one room that is less private since it was just off the reception area. It's an old structure so noise travels very well and so we could hear kitchen noise in the morning as well as other guests coming and going. All of the other rooms seemed like they would have been less affected by this.

Despite this, I would highly recommend it and would go back (although I might ask to not be in room 101).

Room Tip: Avoid room 101 which is just off reception. Other first floor rooms are down the hall and quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Mark T
Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

So neat & clean you could literraly eat on the ground! Service si excellent, staff is very kind, and rooms are simple but nice... All this for a very decent price. The only problem is you have to book in advance as they are always full...

• Stayed: December 2012
7  Thank Nonodelbosque
Reviewed 16 November 2012

This place is the most friendly, helpful and clean place I've stayed in the past 2 months! The shower area is cleaner than all the en-suites I've had. The staff let us check in a 5am when we wasn't supposed to check in until 1pm! They also gave us information about how to get everywhere on buses, where to go and how much it would be. The room has air-conditioning and really comfortable beds with a duvet. They also provide towels, breakfast, free wifi, free PC's and a laundry service. Excellent!!

Room Tip: Our room (101) next to reception was away from other rooms so not noisy. It had A/C and was close en...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends