Open today: 08:00 - 15:00
Review Highlights
Great time with Chef Leez

I went to Bangkok with my friends and although I’ve been to the place for many times already, this... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
sophia n
via mobile
Great fun and good practical learning

Chef Lee, does what she says she does. Interesting trip to the market with helpful insights on the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$49.00
from US$44.20
from US$41.10
1,275 results
All reviews thai food fresh ingredients great class curries cooking school great teacher no msg tips and tricks coconut cream and milk small class cooking experience papaya salad green curry highly recommend this class learning how tom yum hour class
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

We attended the 10-2 class where you make approximately 12dishes. It was amazing!!! Chef Leez was fantastic. She explained things very well but didn’t dwell on the unimportant details. We gained an understanding of Thai cooking from her that I couldn’t get unless I worked or lived in a Thai persons house. The food itself was actually the best Thai food I’ve eaten in my life. We used fresh ingredients and she showed us the best ways to prepare them. So the food was fantastic. We were given recipes and online resources as well. Overall the best thing we did in Thailand.

Note: the place is a bit difficult to get to. Try and get a taxi driver to use the directions from the website but allow at least an hour to get there. Worth the travel though.

Kruzon, Owner at Chef LeeZ Thai Cooking Class, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Thailand Thai Cooking Class Bangkok Review 1157. 12 dishes in a single class. That takes 3 classes elsewhere. Trip Advisor's #1 cooking class. #1 every day since 2011! Hundreds of reviews claim their Chef LeeZ experience to be the best activity of their Thailand trip. hundreds more claim the food they made in class to the best Thai cuisine they have eaten anywhere in the world. Show your driver our map for the shortest route to the school. read our bangkok Taxi services page for taxi options and consider TAXI OK for your ride to us. We are easy to find and are 30 to 45 minutes from all popular tourist lodgings.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Over and above the delicious cooking , Chef Lees has a sparkling personality which makes the class even more enjoyable.

Kruzon, Owner at Chef LeeZ Thai Cooking Class, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Chef LeeZ Bangkok Thai Cooking Class Review 1155. 12 dishes in a single class. Hands on from scratch just like grandma made it. Fun professional class. Thailand's lowest cost per dish taught. Trip Advisor's Thailand #1 cooking class. #1 every day since 2011! Small classes. Our average class is less than 8 students. Trip Advisor's cooking class WORLD review record holder. What does that ell you about the quality of class content and class delivery?

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Chef Leez cooking class is a spectacular experience! She makes it so easy and welcoming to learn her recipes. Hands down the best cooking class Ive ever experienced. Every single detail mapped out for technique and flavor infusion of every dish. If you want to cook REAL THAI FOOD, sign up for Chef Leez's class and take it all in! The best part is, besides being an amazing chef, Chef Leez ensures your experience is top notch by involving everyone and keeping the tone light and fun! Undoubtedly, a must visit while in Bangkok. Bring your appetite and learning cap, she'll do the rest!

1  Thank geeare18
Kruzon, Owner at Chef LeeZ Thai Cooking Class, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Chef LeeZ Thai Cooking Class Bangkok Review 1153. King's traditional Thai cuisine. Hands on and from scratch class includes 12 King's traditional Thai dishes. All the technique, tricks and tips required to create gourmet Thai cuisines in a single class. Hundreds of reviews claim their Chef LeeZ experience to be the best cooking class they have experienced anywhere in the world. Fun but thorough. All of these are just some of the reasons Chef LeeZ is Trip Advisor's Thailand #1 cooking class. #1 every days since 2011!

Reviewed 3 February 2018

I joined the class on 20th Jan and did not as good as what i read comments in trip adviser....partly due to I am a Chinese (although I am from HK)

The class had a very good beginning and we were learning Thai cooking from sketch. And I did enjoyed!

However, I must say I didnt enjoy the class from beginning to the end due to 2 reasons:
1. Chef Leez kept comparing Chinese way of cooling and Thai way is a teasing tone. ( both myself and my hubby got an uncomfortable feeling). I believe there are different theory on different cuisine and cooking style. As a Chinese, both of us didnt feel good of Chef Leez's teasing.
2. Chef Leez talked too much and resulted to overrun of the class for almost 40 mins. For the final few dishes, especially for the Mango rice pudding, i didnt really experience the cooking at all.

I did join cooking class in Ching Mai backed to 3 or 4 years. That's a much much enjoyable experience and i did cook every courses by myself

1  Thank Mabel W
Kruzon, Owner at Chef LeeZ Thai Cooking Class, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Chef LeeZ Thai Cooking Class Bangkok Review 1150. Trip Advisor's cooking class WORLD review record holder, Chef LeeZ, teaches 12 dishes in single hands on from scratch just like grandma made it class. That takes 3 classes elsewhere. Each student cooks every dish with exception of the 3 soups where couples cook share the cooking and the sticky rice mango which is a demonstration dish. Chef leeZ does make joke of Dr's claiming headaches and such in persons eating CHinese restaurant food as "Chinese Restaurant Syndrome" and it being caused by the use of MSG in Chinese food. And she does state that Pad Thai originated in China and the Thai people modified it to become Pad Thai. Classes that can run over the 4 hour class design are due to large classes of 15 or more students or a general lack of taxi's in our area resulting a an unusually long wait for a taxi. Our average class is less than 8 students. Hundreds and hundreds of reviews call the class a fun, humorous, professional class. Sorry you didn't see the class this way.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

If you have any interest in cooking and eating excellent Thai food, then this is your place! Chef LeeZ and her entire staff are very friendly, helpful, and informative. The four hour class goes very fast and by the time it ends you will be fully satiated. The ‘hardest’ part is reaching the facility, which has a great set up for teaching. Definitely print the map they send you via email to show your taxi driver, although beware - some in our class still had trouble reaching it because the taxi driver couldn’t read and got lost. Also, the traffic is horrendous in Bangkok, so give yourself at least an hour to get there, PLUS 15 extra minutes to catch a taxi. I was staying at a luxury hotel and thought it would be a breeze for them to hail me a cab. Wrong! They said that during rush hour, it is normal to have to wait 15-20 minutes for them to flag one down. And some of my classmates had taxis turn them down because they didn’t want to leave the city center. All that being said - I would take this class again in a heartbeat! Just think of getting there as part of the adventure! (And my taxi fare was around 180 TBH, as the website suggested; same for going back). Once you arrive, you will be warmly greeted by a member of the staff. You are given a packet of the recipes you will be making that day, so you don’t have to worry about writing stuff down. Although you are also given a pen to take notes for each recipe on that page. You also have access to their website videos to show you how to do certain things in case you forget once you get home. There is a lot of information to take in, so I’m really glad I can access their videos later. They encourage your taking pictures and videos. Chef Leez shares quick stories while teaching us and is always smiling and encouraging. She also shares tips like how to best handle chili peppers and cleaning your hands afterwards to prevent that burning sensation. She also takes the time to teach us about the ingredients we are using and how to best handle them. For example, I never knew the trick to cutting open a coconut or shredding a green papaya. You will have an amazing day and the best part is trying everything you cook, which is delicious! There is a lot to do in Thailand, but this is a great experience with authentic cooking. No shortcuts - everything is incredibly fresh! Definitely book this if you like cooking and eating!

Kruzon, Owner at Chef LeeZ Thai Cooking Class, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Chef LeeZ Thailand Thai Cooking CLass Bangkok Review 1152. Announcing TAXI OK download app to your mobile device or have your hotel contact them directly. Taxi OK is a Thai Gov't initiative in response to the city taxi "Mafia Taxi" and a direct response to the the mafia taxi syndrome of I won't go there and I won't run the meter. They run GPS to the destination, run the meter, record every fare to central computer, have in car camera for personal safety. See our Bangkok Taxi Services page for more details. Please do show your driver our map as it is the shortest route to us being 30 to 45 minutes from all popular foreigner lodgings. ON teh meter cost of 150 to 220 baht. To experience Trip Advisor's Thailand #1 cooking class you may have to ride in a taxi an extra 10 minutes rather than going to a closer cooking class. #1 every day since 2011! Trip Advisor's cooking class WORLD review record holder is Chef LeeZ.