The Park Residence @ Bangkok
US$196
US$178
US$179
US$172
All reviewsmrt stationnight markethotel facilitiesper dayconvenient locationhuayratchadashopping
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Stayed here three nights. Good value for the money $32 per night. There is no breakfast as restaurant doesn't open until 6 pm. 7 eleven is 200 ft outside main entrance which is handy. MRT train is right outside your door which makes navigating easy.
Staff have very poor English skills. Wifi does not seem to work. Only when my Thai friend confronted staff did I actually get a username and password that worked. After that it's a half hrs usage at best bf they cut it off. If you need taxi to/from the airport, they want to charge 1200 baht!!! Again when my Thai friend arranged I got one for 200. Bar is super loud and can carry on till 3-4 am every night of the week. Air cond was good.
Overall ok but hard to do business w no wifi.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Augustusa
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I am rating this hotel in comparison to other hotels in Thailand not in the US. My wife is Thai and we currently live the US. We came to Thailand to visit family. We stayed 10 nights for 1,200 baht for night. Free internet included. You have to pay a deposit of 500 baht (fully refundable at check out) per key card.

Service: The house keeping is average. The receptionist is poor. The receiptionist acted like I was a bother to her when I requested to change rooms due to the noise at night from the club below (noted later in this review). Also, I can tell that at least 50 % of their custumers are englidh speaking, but their english at the counter is very poor. Even when i spoke very slowly and clearly, she still had problems understanding me.

Value: Over all value for the money is average.

Sleep Quality is terrible due to the downstairs resturant/bar with a live band that plays until 2 am every day. The windows are not sound proof. We request to change rooms to a further one from the band below on the second day of our stay, but no inprovement. However, I can hear everysong and I can tell you that the band is good and the song selection is good too. :), but don't expect to get much sleep until 2 am.

Cleanliness: The room was very clean and well decorated. Good job to the house keeping staff.

Location: the location is perfect. if is 15 feet away from the MRT station of Hua Kwain. From there you can go anywhere in Bangkok. Also right around the corner from the night market. A must do while you are here. 7-11 right downstairs and cheap laundry 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

Rooms: They dont' have warm water. It is either hot or cold. Kind of difficult to shower like that. No hot water on the sink neither. It is ok, if you like to shave with cold water.

Room Tip: The best room by far is 401. Far away form the night club for a better (not perfect) night sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank divingpcola
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I figured I'd stay here and save a bit of money by just catching the MRT into the more central part of Bangkok every day. My room cost under $30 per day. All in all I was happy with my overall experience. The hotel was reasonably new and well-kept, my laptop didn't get stolen by housekeeping, the building was right outside the entrance to the Huai Khwang metro station, and they offered free wi-fi.
For a couple, the room would've been a little cramped, but still fine. The bed was nice and big, with a comfortable doona. The shower was pretty small and it was actually a bit of a challenge. On occasion I just had to open the shower door to have enough room, which made the bathroom fairly wet, and I am of average build.
The room itself was modern, and I didn't have too much trouble with the noise, despite not being a very sound sleeper. Either way I always take earplugs with me just in case. The free wi-fi was certainly a deal-clincher for me. Unfortunately on a couple of the days there were connectivity problems. Sometimes it was enough to go and manually reset the wi-fi router in the corridor (there are several, so signal strength shouldn't be an issue). On another occasion I managed to figure out that the router wasn't getting a signal, so I went and hassled the girl at reception about it, who pretended not to know much. Eventually I got them to reset the modem in their little back office and this fixed the problem, though I suspect they'd unplugged the other routers so they could hog the connection in the office.On another occasion it took almost a day to have it fixed, apparently they had to get a technician in, and I politely reminded them that the place was advertised with free wi-fi which is why I chose it, so to save them from embarassment and me from undue inconvenience, it should be available by the time I came back at the end of the day. Luckily it was!
Overall this is a good option if you don't mind not being walking distance to Siam and all the cool stuff around there. It doesn't take long to get to Asok BTS station by MRT. There are a couple of open-air BBQ dinner buffet restaurants on the other side of Ratchadaphisek Road, walking distance just north of the hotel which are pretty good value. The one I went to had all-you-can eat cooked to order steak, plus the rest of the buffet for about THB 199 from memory, though you have to pay for drinks and refresher towelettes! One of the street vendors outside the MRT entrance was also selling some really yummy Nam Khao Tod (fried rice ball salad). I got the lady to make it without any of the pork sausage or beef tripe that she would normally put in with it, and it was delicious, though I'm sure it'd be just as good with the meat too.
Try the Huai Khwang markets too, I hear they're good, and I intend to check them out on my next trip.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank robol
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Definitely won't visit this hotel a second time. Firstly, the water heater is not working well. it goes 'hot, cold, hot, cold' all the way while you are showering. Secondly, the house keeping staffs are not trustworthy. I lost my mobile phone there. Not all the staffs can speak english. So its very difficult to communicate with them. Hotel management seems to be helping out with investigations, but didn't help to recover the lost handphone. The 'i-can't-do-anything-much-to-help' attitude simply tells you that the hotel is not worth visiting twice. Plus, the house keeping staffs has all the room cards. That tells you how 'safe' your belongings are.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank toothy1130
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Very good location, subway stadion is right front of the hotel. Staff is really helpfull and nice. :) Also seven eleven is just next to this hotel. We are gonna come back to this hotel next time!

Room Tip: Ask in before your check-in for a room with a window to backside of he hotel. Frontside can be very noise at night time because the traffic and bar.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo