“Modern and light”

Ranked #268 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Brisbane, Australia
“Modern and light”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This is a small room well packed with everything you could ever need. The bathroom includes a bath and all the complimentary bubbles are a real requirement after the long ride here in the traffic. Hand to most things if not "down town" still near shopping, markets and the train ( a must to travel quickly in Bangkok. Staff professional and polite and keen to help out . Breakfast provided

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Citrus13_HM, General Manager at Citrus Sukhumvit 13 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Gaile_1959,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.
We would like to thank you for staying with us and your time sharing comment. I have shared to all the staff.

We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time and service at Citrus 13 Hotel. Amenities in room are handy and real requirement to freshen up. The staff is more than welcome and at service to keep our guest satisfy. Just 10 min of walking distance to Nana Sky Train Station which ease of access to major shopping destination.

Again, thank you for your complement, If you wish to return back to Bangkok, especially staying with us please let us know we will arrange the rest for you.

gm@citrus13bangkok.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Nice staff with a caring attitude. Good size bed in room. Room very comfortable. Food ok, a strange layout and choice, but I think there was something for all nations. I enjoyed my 2 night stay very much. The he only down side was the state of the road outside of the hotel. But that's not the hotels fault. In conclusion, I will now make the Citrus Hotel my first choice for Bangkok.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Citrus13_HM, General Manager at Citrus Sukhumvit 13 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear John F,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

I and the team are very happy to hear you have enjoyed and a comfortable staying at Citrus 13 Hotel, we will keep up all the good work. Yes, the road outside of the hotel is down side but there is a plan from local government to get it done.

If you wish to come to Bangkok and stay with us, please write to me I will make all arrangement for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok in the near future.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

We were a family of four on vacation. We checked in on 6-Jan-14 and checked out on 9-Jan-14. Our room was rated as "Superior King".

Our overall stay was pleasant one. The hotel is quite modern and very cozy to stay in. The location was good and we enjoyed our stay there.

However, their breakfast was quite ordinary. Especially the breads served were very stale.

I feel hotel management should address these minor issues which at times can create a great deal of dissatisfaction among its customers.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Citrus13_HM, General Manager at Citrus Sukhumvit 13 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear NigelRandolph,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

I and the team are very happy to hear that overall service at Citrus 13 Hotel was up to your satisfaction. Please accept our apology for the bread at the breakfast, I have talk to Chef and move to the improvement and ensure the satisfaction and friendliness services.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed 2 nights at Soi 13 upon my return to BKK & before heading home. I was really impressed with my room. Well designed, modern, & spacious. I loved the king sized bed. After two weeks of accommodations with hard to firm beds, Citrus beds were heavenly comfortable.
The rain shower was amazing & there was always hot water.
The room had a flat screen tv with numerous international cable channels.
I was on the 8th floor but there really wasn't much of a view except seeing other buildings.
The hotel is about more then 5mins walk from the main road & nana BTS. The good thing is that there's businesses along this street too so there were people including street food vendors so if u are a solo female, I didn't feel threatened or scared.
There was a 7-11 almost 1 min away & several other convenience stores. At the end of the block before the main road where I would get my thai massage. No frills but the girls really know their skills.
Nana is pretty lively & like most streets along the BTS/Sukhumvit, the scene changes from morning to night to twilight. So not the best again for parents with kids as it's adultery oriented bars & vendors with adult toys. However, I like the liveliness of Sukhumvit where the city never seems to sleep & u can find somewhere to sit & eat something good at any hour of the night.
If I had known about this place first, I would have stayed here when I first arrived in BKK. Next time I go, I will revisit staying here.
Also, the check in was quite & so was check out. Upon waiting in the queue, I saw the front desk deal w/ possibility one of the rudest person I have come across in months, & the front desk person handled her without getting upset. I was felt sorry for the girl in dealing this is horrible person. My encounters with the staff were courteous, friendly, & helpful.
The breakfast was buffet style with an egg station as well. There was a good selection & diverse spread. I only had it once so can't say if it's the same everyday. I enjoyed the breakfast & it was a lot better than the lot I had in my two weeks in Thailand.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank chiqee
Citrus13_HM, General Manager at Citrus Sukhumvit 13 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear chiqee,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

I and the team are very happy to hear you have enjoyed staying at Citrus 13 Hotel, we will keep up all the good work. You have described the hotel both in and around.There is a pool at roof top and sun all day long for a good sunbath there, plus unique pool to fresh up. Thank you that you see out staff dealing with other guest in a professional way.

phnom phen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I was very, very pleased with this hotel. I had a room on the eight floor, with a kingsize bed, lots of pillows, seemed to be one of the best mattresses I have slept on, great flat screen tv, and the best breakfast buffet I had in Thailand. The staff went out of their way to help me. When I asked about the location of the nearest bus station, the staff first checked on their internet, to make sure I was going to end up at the right bus station, as there are numerous stations, but not all dealing with the routes I required. The same staff person ordered me up a taxi, and told me what I should be paying. Ended up being much cheaper to get to the hotel, then to leave it, yet destinations were between the same two places. The lobby was impressive as were the rooms. My room bath robes, emergency flashlight,,,,nice thought,,,,and free safe. The water fall shower head in the large well lit bathroom was enjoyable, as was the lighting. All in all, a great stay at a great price. Free local newspapers in the attractive lobby was also appreciated

Room Tip: I chose the upgrade, which includes free buffet breakfast, and king size bed, all on the top floor w...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Citrus13_HM, General Manager at Citrus Sukhumvit 13 by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear greg a,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your holiday and service at Citrus 13 Hotel. The staff is a key person to make thing difference and meet our guest satisfaction, from doorman to receptionist, from room maid to service staff at the restaurant. Good tasty food by the chef and on. We will keep up all the good work.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Me and my husband chose this hotel based on the reviews at booking.com and trip advisor. Our vacation was planned at a very last minute so we had limited options in our budget and Citrus looked like a good fit.

Since our flight was early in morning we had dropped a request for an early check in. On arrival at the hotel around 11 am, we saw their board outside stating they have rooms available and we instantly assumed to have an early check in (Check in was at 2 pm). But we were informed that the room was getting cleaned and it will be ready in 45 minutes. We didn’t want to waste time sitting so decided to venture around and left our local number for them to call once its ready. We never got a call. When we reached back at 1 pm we were told the room Just got ready! What a timing!

The Room

We were checked in 203 at second floor. The room was small with little space to walk around but the interiors were good. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was nice and clean. The cupboard helps accommodate your small luggage and also has a safe. They had international standard plug points which made it easy to use our laptop without a convertor. So overall we were happy with the room.

Location

If it’s your first trip this hotel offers best location with 10 minutes walk to nearest BTS(metro) called Nana which we sued all throughout our trip. There are few massage parlours on the same road along with two 7/11 convenient stores. For Indians there are 3 restaurants to choose from on the same road and there is also a sports bar a few minutes away on Soi 13. However, this road is pretty narrow with no foot path to walk.

Facilities

1. They offer a Tuk tuk service to main road from 8 am to evening 6pm. We used this service and it was good
2. They offer international breakfast but it’s the SAME food options everyday apart from one selection in fruit and main course. Everything is tasty but if you stay longer maybe you can try one thing at time to avoid boredom.
3. The daily room cleaning service was effective. The master panel to control the lighting of the room next to the bed was convenient
4. The hotels offers 1 complimentary half day tours ( choice of three, tickets not included only transportation). We did try the 3 temple tour and it was nice but in the end we were dropped at Gems Factory so ideally be prepared to waste and hour looking at gems and compulsory walking around until you have a van to get you back.
5. We did see a travel desk mentioned on entering but never saw anyone there but just a catalogue of tours with no prices. On inquiring as well we got straightforward answer that they do not offer any help with tours. Weird!

Bitter Experience
1. Not receiving the early check in after seeing a board for Rooms available and no call to update us was a starting point in the experience of unpleasant service. Somehow we never felt welcomed. But the staff at the restaurant was pleasant, helpful and extremely welcoming.
2. When we had to leave for the airport they helped arrange a taxi which was great and their staff also moved some of our luggage to the taxi while we were trying to pack the last piece of luggage. However on reaching the airport we realized that the bag with our camera tripod was missing. We had just 1.75 B left in our prepaid card and we made the attempt to call them. Though we could tell them the situation the phone got disconnected as they took time to check and get back. The local airport phones were just not working so we emailed them quickly on the email ID given on the booking.com confirmation mail to check if it was there to decide whether one of us can take a cab back to the hotel to get the missing bag back. But we did not receive any response. We dropped another email the moment we landed back in New Delhi almost 7 hours later and then once again some hours later. This time we also included their other two mailing ids through which we had been communicating with them. Been 48 hours and its surprising that they haven’t even bother to revert still. We were really disappointed!

My verdict – Thought this place is nice but there are better hotels in the same budget plus their unwelcoming attitude along with the last bitter experience really makes me think if I will ever stay here again or recommend this place to anyone else.

Room Tip: A higher floor room might have better view but we didnt care less.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Karunasud,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

Thank you for all the positive comment, you have described all in and out of our property.
For the opposite, please accept our sincere apology on any inconvenience caused. I have a briefing with front desk manager to ensure the service providing to our guest meet standard and guest satisfaction.

I have found a tripod left behind in the lobby area, please let me know how would you like us to handle this item. We have an email address of reservations@citrus13bangkok.com that handle all the booking and enquiry 7 days a week. I will check all website and correction.

Again, we apologize and looking forward to your reply at your convenience.

gm@citrus13bangkok.com

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

fair share of pros and cons for this hotel. The hotel is a walking distant from the station Nana or Asok, thus not suitable for the elderly, but perfectly fine for people who do not mind the walk of about 5-10mins.

On the way to hotel along Sukhumvit 13, you will see massage places, sports bar, Indian restaurants. A couple of mini marts/convenience stalls. Road is bumping, so be careful especially if you are walking in with big luggages.

We reached the hotel at night and was greeted by 2 staffs who are friendly and promptly ensure that we get our room keys asap.
Room is neat and clean but lighting seems dim.
Shower head is loose, but thats minimal. Everything else were ok.
Nice breakfast, newspapers, free shuttle from hotel to BTS.
Wifi is unstable, sometimes it is strong, somethings it takes ages to load a page.

There is a small pool at roof top but I did not use as the water seems murky. Well, thats ok for me since I here for a swim.

As it is walking distant to both Asok and Nana BTS, the nearest shopping mall is Terminal 21 (at asok). If you prefer those small stalls, its just outside near the main road of the hotel (maybe 5 mins walk), but the night market cannot be compared to JJ or patpong.

Overall for the hotel, everyone are friendly and its a nice place if you do not mind the walk from the BTS station.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kidman
Dear kidman,

Greeting from Citrus 13 Hotel Bangkok.

I and the team are very pleased and happy to hear you have enjoy staying at Citrus 13, we will keep up all the good work. Staff at night who greeted and checking you in upon your arrival are very happy to hear this. I have informed Chef on the good breakfast as well.

Room lighting seems dim which I am working to improve from floor by floor, pool filter cleared out, and wifi that I have complain to the service provider once it reach max they must increase the speed to meet the demand of usage. All in all, please accept our sincere apology on any inconvenience caused during your stay.