1,139 results
All reviews ratchathewi bts station tuk tuk fried rice indoor pool walking distance street food siam area halal food buffet breakfast clean hotel high floor main shopping minutes walk away big room bathtub mbk baht
Reviewed 6 October 2012

It took many calls and emails to get my booking and I really think they should change their booking system. The room are still fairly new and good for seize.

Overal an average experience for an average price.

Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank Fredinasia
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My friend recommended the hotel to me, and I was anticipating good service and a comfortable room.

Making a reservation was more difficult, as I telephone the hotel to book a room. The operator, a pleasant lady had difficulty with my name, which is actually one of the easier names in the English language.

After booking for three nights, I got to the hotel and felt dubious about the comfort, and told them that I would pay night by night. The hotel reception told me that if I did not pay for the three days, that every morning I would have to rebook my room. When I told the lovely receptionist that I needed to confirm the I would have a room for the next night, she was of little help... that is until I asked to see the manager. This prompted a change of heart, and they confirmed my room for the following night.

I have been traveling for the past four days and was happy to learn that they have washing and drying machines. Perfect!!! However, the hotel does not have an iron for the guests to use. TIT This is Thailand.

The bed and pillows are rock solid.... unfortunately, I prefer a little softness in my bed. No jokes about this being Bangkok, ok?

The food is priced correctly, and it is actually real Thai flavor.... TIT....

All in all, I would recommend this for absolute budget minded people, if you want better accommodations, then there are places for a little more that offer 4 star comfort.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed here recently in Sept 2012 with my family. I told them not to expect too much with the price that we're paying since we only need a clean and convenient place to stay for our trip. We were pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be so much better than we hoped for.

We arrived earlier than the stated check-in time; expected to leave our luggages at the luggage storage while we start our shopping and come back later in the afternoon/evening to check-in. However the receptionist checked us in with a pleasant smile. It took a mere 5 minutes; so was check-out.

The complimentary buffet breakfast was adequate; though lacked variety. By the 3rd morning we were bored with the same old, same old. Try to avoid having it during the peak hours; otherwise you may have to stand around a bit to wait for a vacant table. Come after 9am when the crowd starts to thinning off.

They provide free wifi in the room with fair connection but you'll have to get the login id and password at the front desk. The room lights are a bit dim on the romantic side and not conducive for reading. There are no individual table lamps you can switch on.The 6th floor where we stayed even has a laundry area; if you want to do your laundry (don't know the price coz we didn't make use of the facility).

We decided to walk to Platinum Mall; it was a good 20 minutes leisurely walk. Along the way you can get the feel and colour of what Bangkok is all about; at night the streets come alive as the sidestalls eateries and the massage parlours awaits the weary travellers. The hotel is located on the main road; hence getting a taxi is not a problem. A metered taxi to Siam Paragon only costs us THB40; it would cost THB60 for the 4 of us if we were to take the Skytrain from Ratchatewi. Hence if you're travelling in a group it's actually more cost saving to take the taxi rather than the Skytrain.

On the morning of our departure day, we headed off to Ratchatewi BTS; there is a small Naraya shop located in the lobby of Asia Hotel (it's the same hotel which is hosting the night shows whose tickets you can purchase from the travel agent located in City hotel's lobby near the lift) for our last minute shopping. Asia Hotel is located next to the station on the right side if you are coming from the direction of Bangkok City hotel and it is actually connected via a skybridge to the BTS.

Except for the final night when a few inconsiderate travellers where hollering to their friends in the hallway in the middle of the night, overall it was an enjoyable stay and would gladly recommend it.

Room tip: Make your reservation on the hotel's website; it's slightly cheaper than than their walk in rate and includes complimentary breakfast.
Date of stay: September 2012
3  Thank jadeleen
Reviewed 17 September 2012

me and my boyfriend recently stayed here in may 2012 for 3 nights!
i must say the location is absolutely wondeful! its a cheap hotel and modern as well! the only food we had was in the morning there was so much food but you got to get down early as it goes quick! the internet you could only use half an hour and by the way it goes quick considering you are talking to family! i did have a problem with the shower, when we had one it smelt like sewa!!! and it made me sick! the swimming pool was fantastic but considering everything we had an ok stay! and would come back.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank christine2121
Reviewed 17 September 2012

By far the best value for money hotel I have ever stayed in. There are many hotels in Bangkok for 2,3 or 4 times the price of this but have poorer standards. Only problem was, my Dad didn't want to leave to explore the rest of Thailand!

Room tip: Book early for a room high up and enjoy the great view
Date of stay: August 2012