1,128 results
All reviews ratchathewi bts station platinum mall fried rice tuk tuk indoor pool walking distance street food siam paragon buffet breakfast airport rail link clean hotel high floor main shopping big room shopping area central world bathtub
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Situated not too far from the city center of Bangkok, this hotel is located not too far from Ratchathewi BTS station and it is less than 10 minute walk, room is adequately maintained. Tidy, clean and bathtub is in the bathroom so you get to enjoy your sweet time taking bath in this hotel, you are being supplied with two drinking water everyday. They do serve breakfast (subject to your room package whether you need to pay extra) Their breakfast taste is okay although the menu didn't differ much from day to day but it give you a decent meal to start your day with. In front of the hotel lift, there is a small table where a mid age lady sit there. She is the travel guide there, where she sell travel packages at a fair price but if you are going on your own it will be cheaper depending on location. Nearby the hotel, there are plenty of shop (7-11) or roadside stall which sell Thai food at night for a good prize and it taste good, go and have a try there.

One extra note: As you walk toward or from Ratchathewi BTS station, pay attention to one of the alley and you will spot a Thai aunt who sell fruit juice with her chicken, that's right! a chicken and what is amazing is that chicken listen to her when she ask the chicken to move and according to her, she raise the chicken when it is still young.

Room Tip: Rooms on the center can avoid direct sunlight
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MaxChin
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I have read many reviews about this hotel previously before proceeding to book the Standard Double Room, which costs about 1190THB nett. I did have reservations about this hotel, especially after reading poor reviews about the service quality etc. However, I'm glad to say that this hotel is a real steal at the price that you are paying for!

The Positive Points:

- Excellent location: 5 minutes walk away from Ratchathewi BTS Station; along the way are many 'clean' massage parlours and great street food stalls. Highly accessible via the Airport Rail Link (must get off at Phaya Thai Station and transfer to the BTS and stop at Ratchathewi). Centralized location; in the heart of Bangkok's greatest shopping havens.

- Clean and Neat Rooms: Since my group of friends and I were out for most of the time, all we looked forward to when we came back late at night was a clean, tidy and cosy room to rest. And for the price that I am paying, SGD$50 for a double-sharing room/night, I couldn't have asked for more.

- Wi-fi worked great for us on the 16th level. It was an additional bonus.

- Check-in was fast and efficient. Without doubt, the staff at the check-in counter had a very poor understanding and command of English, but thank God, everything went smoothly, from issuing of room keys to the payment.

Points of Improvement:

- Breakfast: This has been a huge negative point so far in all the reviews, and yes, I have to agree that it is pretty poor. Very little variety to choose from and it's always the same fare and dishes every morning. The worse part is that the dining lobby is always packed! Oh well, the breakfast is free, what could I expect?

- Shower facilities: Ok, this is a very minor point. But yes, I found this pretty annoying. Perhaps i am staying on a higher level, that's why the water pressure is quite little.

All in all, I really do recommend this hotel to people who are looking for value-for-money accommodation. I am thoroughly impressed with the location and pricing, and I would definitely be back here if I ever pop by Bangkok again. 2 thumbs up:)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank zhengmycar
Reviewed 12 October 2012

After staying at Bangkok City Hotel's little sister, the Bangkok City Suite just down the road for many years we though we would give the new place a try. Mistake! The place is a nightmare. Breakfast is a joke. One toaster, one coffee machine for hundreds of guests, there is not enough seating, we finished up outside on the sidewalk. The staff give off an air of I couldn't care less. The rooms are okay but considering the place is only 2 years old it won't be long before they will need a refurbishment that won't happen. All in all the hotel is okay but do yourself a favour and stay at the smaller, quieter, friendlier City Suite just down the road.

Room Tip: The high rooms have a view, our first room on the 6th floor looked onto a water storage tank
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissyLorna
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We've read very carefully all the reviews in the TripAdvisor before booking this hotel.This helped us to lower a little our expectations, however i must admit that: overall our stay was quite pleasant.
We've found in Bangkok City hotel cozy and clean ( but little small ) modern rooms with great shower and even a little bath ( lights are indeed a little dim which make reading almost impossible)
As far as i can judge the biggest advantage of this hotel is in it's location.
In order to get here from the airport , just use the regular ( not Express - it's more expensive) Airport Train Link which is located on the B1 Floor in the Bangkok airport.
Get off the train at it last station - Phaya Thai Station, from here you can either walk ( ~ 800 meters) or take a taxi which will cost you ~ 40 Baht.
Use the Taxi meter only and don't forget to ask the driver to use the "meter".

Hotel's great location enables you to get to MBK shopping center , Platinum Fashion Mall and Pratunam Market within a very short time ( ~ 20 minutes walk for people who prefer jogging over Taxi ).

I would recommend this hotel to people who's main goal in Bangkok is to stay for few days in order to make shopping and who are not looking for the "extra's" of more luxurious and expensive hotels as "Ramada" "Centara" and so on.....

P.S
Don't forget to ask for the room with window, we had no problem with this , but again - we were there in the low season.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boris G
Reviewed 6 October 2012

It took many calls and emails to get my booking and I really think they should change their booking system. The room are still fairly new and good for seize.

Overal an average experience for an average price.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family