“Very convenient modern hotel”
Review of CityPoint Hotel

CityPoint Hotel
Ranked #94 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 March 2012

City point hotel is very nice and convenient. The rooms are well furnished and the bed very comfortable. Very close to the sky train station and the malls. The staff was very helpful. Breakfast was good. The hotel is quiet and is a haven of calm in the crazy city.
Taxis have a hard time finding the hotel because the address is confusing but make sure you tell them : across the street from the exchange tower on the Asok sky train station side of the street. I checked it on google maps prior my arrival and was able to guide the. Taxi with no problem!

Stayed: March 2012
There are newer reviews for CityPoint Hotel

Reviewed 6 March 2012

We only stayed in Bangkok for 5 nights and had not booked a hotel before we arrived. So came across this place after someone had recommended it to us. It was so nice and would definitely recommend. Really good location to Khao San Road. Easy to get to. Clean rooms. Very quiet place. We enjoyed staying here alot.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have walked past this hotel sign a few time before but never paid any attention.
Just one day during Bangkok flood in October I stumbled on their facebook page, the place looks very lovely and I booked the place after a few fb messages with the staff.

The hotel, though being a block-ish building, is not stuffy. It was nicely designed to allow a lot of natural light in.

I'm not the picky type, but I have my standards.
I love the place the very moment I walked in. The staff were keen to help, get the door for me, get my baggage, bring me a glass of water. I don't know if they provide a welcome drink upon arrival, but I was dripping sweat walking from BTS Asoke under Bangkok unforgiving midday sun.

The lady at the front desk were so kind, she upgraded me to Deluxe, asked me if I am OK to stay a little far from the elevator, is there any special request i have. She explained about breakfast, internet. Basically everything.

My room was really really nice. Comfy bed, lots of pillows, which I love so much. I love sleeping with at least 4 pillows and big big bed.
The bathroom was nice, rain shower is lovely, my boyfriend loved the soap dispenser and he loved the citrus soap they use there. He was very impressed.

Breakfast was not super fancy but has everything. I love their orange juice. It WAS real orange juice, if not freshly squeezed. They don't use the cheap Tang ones like some more expensive hotels I have stayed.
I tried my little request on my eggs, two eggs, sunny side up, over easy. I got just that.
It was a pleasant touch. I paid attention in my smallest request to the last detail.

Housekeeping was lovely too. Everything at this hotel is just lovely.
I had a great time staying here. I can walk to BTS or MRT to go around town in less than 2 mins. The newest shopping center is right there.
If you're looking for a nightlife, Soi Cowboy is just right in front of you.

Staying here, I have everything I need within 5 minutes walk.
I can walk to my favorite joint, The Long Table, or my favorite British pub The Black Swan for the football game, my favorite, best in BKK, Korean restaurant Doo Rae. When I crave tacos at 4am, I can always go to Sunrise Tacos.

This place will be my little home in BKK now. And I've just booked my room for 3 nights next weekend.

See you soon, guys.

:-D

Room Tip: if you want a really lovely room, try Deluxe room 305. it has big windows with a lot of natural ligh...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kazira
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Very near the BTS station-ASOK and MRT station. The staff was friendly. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was good. Simple breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Our party of 6 stayed in the Hotel in late January on our way to Vietnam. We organised a private van with the Hotel to pick us up at the airport. They were waiting for us and promptly took us to the hotel. Because there were 6 of us it was so cheap. Otherwise and depending on the time of arrival in Bangkok it is easy to get to the hotel via public transport e.g. airport express and Skytrain. We chose the hotel because of the location. You cannot go wrong staying at this hotel. Bangkok is hectic to say the least. The hotel has everything going for it. Clean, reasonably priced, fantastic breakfast. The staff are so helpful. The new shopping mall in Bangkok - Terminal 21 adjoins BTS Skytrain Asok which is 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Also the other malls are 5 minutes away on the Skytrain. MBK is another good shopping venue for everything you need. You can catch the BTS Skytrain down to the river for a great cruise to the usual tourists sites - Grand Palace etc. Buy a day pass for the BTS which lasts 24 hours. Very cheap. Will always stay at this hotel when we go to Bangkok again.

Room Tip: We stayed in Superior rooms and it is a small hotel but very quiet even though it is in a fabulous l...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank j0k5
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I wanted to stay in the heart of Bangkok and heard from a colleague that CityPoint was a very comfortable and convenient hotel with a high standard of cleanliness and good service.

I am pleased to say that my colleague was spot on with her recommendation and I plan to stay there again and again on my trips to Bangkok, as the rates are reasonable and the hotel suits my needs.

The huge bed and variety of pillows are extremely comfortable, the in-room internet is fast and a lovely daily breakfast is always included.

Room Tip: The Deluxe King is a very comfortable room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ailey M
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My first time stay in this hotel was fantastic. Its a new hotel just less than 5min walking from BTS Asoke. Location wise its unbeatable, to go to hotel you take the exit facing Urban Retreat Spa and turn right (you will see a chinese fabric shop at the corner when you turn to the right). Walk straight then you will see a pub named Neciclace as well as a Korean restaurant signboard named I Tae Won, you turn right to the alley and you will see Citypoint Hotel. Linking the BTS Asoke is the newly opened Terminal 21 Mall. A lot of good restaurants and eateries available, as well as nice clothing, shoes and accessories shops in the mall. Go to 5th floor of the mall and head to Pier 21 (Foodcourt), you can find lots of great food and drinks with cheap prices. I went there several times to have the stewed pork rice, only THB30 (approx. RM3 per plate) with good quantity of meat, 1 whole hard boiled egg along with some vege, tasted fantastic! There are also other great food & cuisines at Pier 21, Thai, Korean, Japanese, Western, Oriental, etc, you name it, they have it. Also link to the Asok BTS is the Sukhumvit MRT station, you may take the mrt to Kamphaeng Phet station to the Chatuchak weekend market (do not disembark at Chatuchak Park station as Kampheang Phet station is nearer and direct exit to the market). Around this hotel within walking distance also you can find Robinsons, Times Square mall, Korean streets, the happening Soi Cowboy, etc. Urban Retreat Spa is located just next to the BTS station, Citypoint hotel guests will get 10% off all their services, tried their foot massage & aroma massage, it was good but personally I would prefer the service & environment of Bodytune. Breakfast in the hotel is good although not much choices, but food served are with good quality. You will get a form on the table, choose 1 cooking type of egg, choose 1 or more from pork sausage, chicken sausage, bacon & ham, then the rest like freah fruits, fruit juice, coffee & tea, cereal, bread & pastry are of buffet style. One thing I like to highlight is that the breakfast is of good quality, for example, instead of serving the normal orange juice, they serve the famous local mandarin orange juice which tasted so nice until you feel you can never have enough of it, instead of the usual fresh fruit like watermelon & papaya, they also serve pomelo. All & all, I will not hesitate to stay in this hotel again should I go to Bangkok the next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple