“good hotel with friendly staff”
Review of CityPoint Hotel

CityPoint Hotel
Ranked #111 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I spent 2 nights in this hotel. Overall it's a wonderful stay. Location and price are very good. The bed is very comfy. Staff are friendly and helpful.

One shortcoming is: in deluxe room I stayed, air conditioning vent directly towards bed, a little uncomfortable in night.

Room Tip: The Terminal 21 nearby is good place to walk around. Food stalls on 5th floor are cheap and tasty.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,261)

Reviewed 17 August 2012

I booked a standard room which meant a room on the 2nd floor as I discovered once I got to the hotel. These are the noisy rooms as they overlook the ground-floor area where breakfast is served. The noise extended to being able to hear the flush of the toilets next door and doors being locked and unlocked. Otherwise, the room was very confortable as the decor was excellent and the location of the hotel is also excellent. However, the place was hard to find and the hotel's website should specify the location better (eg by giving the exit number to take from Asok station). I wandered around a bit before I found the hotel. Also, the hotel is tucked away in a cul-de-sac so it is very quiet and a haven from the bustle of Bangkok. Also, I asked to check in a little early at 9am as my flight arrived at 7am. Once I got to the hotel, they would not let me check in early until I insisted that they allow me to do this and to charge me for it as I needed to rest after a long night-flight. I think it was completely unreasonable of the hotel to not allow me to check in early on the basis that the room was not ready especially when the room was acutally ready and available because as soon as I started to say that I wanted to speak to the Manager, the receptionist miraculously gave me the room key and let me check into a room that was not allegedly available. Apart from this negative experience, the rest of my stay at the hotel was excellent.

Room Tip: Book a room other than the standard even if it is more expensice
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Yasminka21
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Booked this hotel after reading all the good reviews and I was not disappointed. It is a small hotel but the staff were always very helpful. The room was spotlessly clean and a great size, the bathroom was on the small side but had everthing that you needed. Breakfast was basic but good. The location is perfect, closeby to all transport links and great restaurants and bars. I was torn between this hotel and Kingston Suites which also had good reviews but I stayed in both and definately preferred this little hotel. I would definately stay here again on my next trip to Bangkok.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front did overlook the road and could be a little bit noisy early morning
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SusieAmsterdam
Reviewed 10 August 2012

This a highly recommended hotel to stay.good location close to BTS Asoke and MRT Sukhumvit walk less than 5 minite.There are many food stalls nearby so you don't have to worry being hungry.room is clean. Bathroom is little bit small but you can ask for big room.The staff was very helpful. Breakfast is good.But the hotel don't have the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Phutchareeya
Reviewed 10 August 2012

As a budget hotel, it provides everything I need from a hotel.

First of all, very good location. Took airport express line and change either from MRT (subway) or BTS (sky train), and get off from "asok" station. On the opposite of the snooping mall "Terminal 21", find "urban spa" first, then get off the sky bridge, make a right turn on the road, walk till you see the hotel. If really get lost, find "urban spa" first, which is right beside the road, then ask for the hotel. By the way, you can also get 10% off at urban spa by staying in city point hotel.

Secondly, very helpful and friendly hotel staff, especially reception. No need to explain more, as they help as much as they can, which is more important than being able to do everything.

Buffet breakfast is not intercontinental style, which includes, egg, bacon/ham/sausage, bread, yogurt, fruit, juice/coffee/tea. There is so many delicious food in Thailand, so we don't need a huge breakfast, but something "just all right".

Traveling to Thailand, especially Bangkok, is not about enjoying hotel. City point is definitely worth of the money and choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Annie Z
Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

From the entrance to the personalized service by Mr Rut, the Concierge, I must say I had an awesome over night here. What was planned for the shortest getaway and looking up this hotel in tripadvisor turned out to be a memorable one at this hotel. Being a hotelier and a manager of one of the largest hotels in the world, I was thrown away by the service I received here! I actually do not want to recommend this place for fear of not having a room in the future should I decide to make a similar trip! However, It wil be unfair to this establishment and management team who have gone into great thoughts of planning the hotel and processes in favor of the hotel guests. Keep it up and I hope you will eventually turn the surrounding shops with cafes, convenient stores, laundry and pressing for those who need this extra services...

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank No1critic
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days from 28.Jul.2012 to 31.Jul. And I would like to say just "Awesome".

1. Location : This hotel located about 2 minutes away from the Asoke BTS. And it's very close to the very good local restaurants and spa like Urban Retreat,Suda and Terminal 21 etc.
2. Breakfast : Breakfast is little bit limited but quite good. Restaurant was very clean also.
3. Room : Our room was standard and cleaning condition and bedding was always perfect.
4. Service : I always surprised by the kindness of all staffs. Everytime I asked something, they are always helpful. Righr after this trip, I had to go Phuket and they willing kept my bag for 4 days without any charge or complain.
I definitely sure that It was the best choice to stay this hotel in Bangkok. It worth it!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple