“Great stay”
Review of CityPoint Hotel

CityPoint Hotel
Ranked #109 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My family stayed in this hotel for 3 days and 2 nights. We need to do some business in Bangkok and shop and stroll as well. We enjoyed our stay here, great staff, clean rooms, good free breakfast. Non-smoking so really recommended for family with kids. Very convenient, just near the shopping centers, BTS, MRT, etc..Planned to stay here again. Loved the place.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed 30 August 2012

first impression of the hotel is Cleaniness. and warm reception--met nice front desk receptionists namely TT and Palm--they will go all out to help.
the room--very clean and new ..
very near to Terminal 21--only 5 mins walk without crossing any road.
simple continental breakfast.

Value for money

Room Tip: just book if you want to shop .. and sleep well
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Larry L
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed at Citypoint twice, once for three nights when we first arrived in Bangkok and then one night passing through on our way south and they were happy to keep some luggage for us. Both times the rooms were spotlessly clean, sparkling white tiled showers, the breakfast adequate and the staff friendly and helpful. We had a delux king room which had very good quality bedding, fridge, dressing gowns and flat screen tv. All very modern and everything we needed. It is right next to Asok BTS and also the underground. This is a real gem for the price - we booked online on their website and got the 30 day advance rate. Cannot fault this place, thank you Citypoint, will definately reccommend you and hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UkButton
Reviewed 25 August 2012

we just returned from a holiday in bangkok and our stay at city point was really good. very friendly staff and the manager solves problems very efficiently. its very new and the rooms are comfortable. deluxe rooms with king size bed is comfortable for three med size people. its good to stay here as near the bts and subway. try it and u will love to go there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We were a group of 6 who stayed in the hotel for 4 nights and 3 days. The hotel is small but all the other aspects make up for it. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious for 2 people with large luggages. Conveniently located near a BTS and an MRT station. There's also a money changer on the way to the BTS station with really good exchange rates.

Since it's a small hotel, it does not offer regular meals except the breakfast buffet. The buffet, though small, has a good selection. Noise also gets through the walls since they're not that thick so guests have to be mindful of the volume of their voices.

The hotel also offers free wifi and the entire building has a wifi signal available.

My friends and I had a really great stay and would recommend City Point to family and friends who would be heading to Bangkok.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I spent 2 nights in this hotel. Overall it's a wonderful stay. Location and price are very good. The bed is very comfy. Staff are friendly and helpful.

One shortcoming is: in deluxe room I stayed, air conditioning vent directly towards bed, a little uncomfortable in night.

Room Tip: The Terminal 21 nearby is good place to walk around. Food stalls on 5th floor are cheap and tasty.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I booked a standard room which meant a room on the 2nd floor as I discovered once I got to the hotel. These are the noisy rooms as they overlook the ground-floor area where breakfast is served. The noise extended to being able to hear the flush of the toilets next door and doors being locked and unlocked. Otherwise, the room was very confortable as the decor was excellent and the location of the hotel is also excellent. However, the place was hard to find and the hotel's website should specify the location better (eg by giving the exit number to take from Asok station). I wandered around a bit before I found the hotel. Also, the hotel is tucked away in a cul-de-sac so it is very quiet and a haven from the bustle of Bangkok. Also, I asked to check in a little early at 9am as my flight arrived at 7am. Once I got to the hotel, they would not let me check in early until I insisted that they allow me to do this and to charge me for it as I needed to rest after a long night-flight. I think it was completely unreasonable of the hotel to not allow me to check in early on the basis that the room was not ready especially when the room was acutally ready and available because as soon as I started to say that I wanted to speak to the Manager, the receptionist miraculously gave me the room key and let me check into a room that was not allegedly available. Apart from this negative experience, the rest of my stay at the hotel was excellent.

Room Tip: Book a room other than the standard even if it is more expensice
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo