CityPoint Hotel
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$25
1,303 results
All reviewsasok btscity point hotelsoi cowboyterminal shopping mallurban retreatexchange towerexcellent locationmoney changersmall alleysmall hotelwater temperaturesuperior roomconvenient locationminute walkclean roomsthe main roadrain shower
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Most reviewers say that the location is great. I don't really agree. It's true that Asoke BTS is close, and getting to Terminal 21 is pretty convenient, but apart from that, the immediate surrounds are pretty barren. I really value having at least a 7-11 or similar nearby when in BKK, and by that I mean a minute or so away. But there is nothing close to CityPoint...except a Korean restaurant. This may not be a problem for some people, but it was for.
The breakfast just wasn't worth trying unless you are really hungry.
The deluxe room was quite nice, but was a bit small. There was no armchair, which I missed. The big problem was the view of a wall about 2 metres away. It was painted white, so the room was not dark. No view at all was a bit depressing though.
Housekeeping did a good job. The full length mirror was a nice touch, and the "open" bathroom was ok for me. The door key system was a bit old school, and hearing other guests struggling with their doors was a bit annoying. Soundproofing wasn't great either.
In short, CityPoint was ok, but it's not for everyone. I'll try soi 8 or 11 next time.

• Stayed: September 2013
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear jacarand,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at Citypoint Hotel. However, I was surprised to read that one of our great advantages on the hotel location was not satisfied your needs. We are very centrally situated on a quiet street in the heart of Bangkok and conveniently surrounded by everything you needed, 7/11 is just 50 meters from the hotel within the Exchange Tower, the Gourmet Market inside the Terminal 21, Foodland Supermarket is across the street open 24 hours. and many more within a walking distance, but I was sorry that they did not seem to be close enough to your expectations, but I must agree that the Korean Restaurant is just next door and the order can even be delivered to your room.

If you return, please be assured that we will provide fully information on the places nearby and I would be glad to personally take care of your booking and make sure that on this occasion you will not miss them

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We selected this hotel after perusing on the internet mainly because of its location and we were not disappointed. It's only a couple of minutes walk from both the MRT and Sky train and another few minutes walk to Robinsons and the Terminal 21 complex. The rooms were very clean and as new with 2 bottles of water supplied each day. The only meal available is breakfast which did not offer much choice or variety but certainly adequate. We found all the staff we had contact with very friendly and helpful. My partner enjoyed the close proximity to a massage centre and to the street vendors. Overall a pleasant stay and will return on our next trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Billy07,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Citypoint. I am very delighted to read that you're happy with your stay and that you found our location suitable for your needs, the staff were friendly and helpful.

I have passed your kind comments to the team who really do appreciate it and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Bangkok

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Chose this hotel after all the positive reviews on Trip Advisor.

In terms of location you couldn't ask for a better spot. 2 mins walk from hotel. Hotel is nice and clean with comfy bed. The TV channels were not all working. Only CNN and BBC was ok and the rest were basically unviewable.

The only negative about the hotel was the breakfast. There's definitely room for improvement for the price they're charging.

Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Kimchimoon,

Thank you very much for posting your comments. I am glad to read that our location and the room were suitable for your needs, but obviously I was disappointed to read that you felt the breakfast was not as special. I have taken into consideration your informative feedback regarding the TV channels and the breakfast for further review with our team.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

This hotel is located in an excellent location, just 1 minute away from Terminal 21 shopping mall and Asok BTS/Sukhumvit MRT. You can replenish your snacks or water at the mall basement. There is complimentary water from the hotel. Good massage places, such as Urban Retreat and Let's Relax, are nearby. There is also a money changer when you turn left from the street where the hotel is located. The rooms may be a bit small, but it's ok if you do not intend to spend much time resting in the hotel. The furnishing in the room is pretty new and the rooms are clean. There is a variety of TV channels but most are in Thai language. Hotel breakfast is simple, and the spread can be improved. Reception staff are friendly and prompt to assist with any request. Overall, I would give it a 4/5! The location is just too convenient for me to enjoy my shopping, massage and travel around by BTS or MRT.

Room Tip: Perhaps get a room away from the stairs and lower floors as there is no lift. I stayed in room 204 (twin sharing) and find it good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RoyThia
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Roy Thia,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you had a good experience and that you found everything in the ares suitable for your needs. However, I was sorry that the team did not inform you about the lift. We actually provide left service at the hotel. Please come to visit us again and we will not miss it this time

Thank you once again for your feedback and we all look forward to serving you soon

Ms Phitchanun Suphromin

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights before heading to Koh Samui. The Citypoint team arranged to pick us up from DMK airport and it all went smoothly. This trip was a 10 year anniversary holiday and they decorated the room to welcome us. The room was clean with all the mid cons. It's very close to transport, restaurants and places to go. Do not be put off by the location.. It's really in the centre of everything convenient! I recommend this hotel... Really good value for money!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear gary_isabel,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Citypoint Hotel. It is a pleasure to read that our colleagues succeeded in creating a wonderful memories during your 10 year anniversary and I do hope that you will return for another celebration in the not too far distant future, so we may spoil you again.

I have shared your wonderful comments with our team, and they were inspired to hear your feedback. Thank you once again for recommending our hotel to other TripAdvisor readers.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon