“Not as good as it once was”
Review of CityPoint Hotel

CityPoint Hotel
Ranked #87 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Not as good as it once was”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I am a long time guest at City Point Hotel, approximately 15 stays here since it opened.
My last two visits, I have noticed a gradual drop in standards, to the point that location remains the only good thing about this hotel.The price has slowly risen, which now puts it in the same price range of other hotels in the same Sukhumvit area, offering more and better facilities. House keeping is not as it used to be, bench tops not cleaned, coffee cups left unwashed two days in a row. Many times noise from other guests has prevented me and my partner from sleeping.And I have found the professionalism of the staff at reception to be lacking, at times condecending and quite rude. I visit Bangkok four times a year, and am yet to decide if I will continue to stay at this hotel, or try one of the many others in the same area.These comments are not just isolated to myself, I have advised a friend to stay at this hotel, he stayed twice, but now is a guest at another hotel in Sukhumvit on his visits to Bangkok.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Mr. Brian F,

Firstly, may I thank you for your continued support of Citypoint Hotel and it is our great pleasure to welcome you back time after time. Thank you also for posting a review on the site following your numerous stays. However I am sorry that you felt that the housekeeping was not as good as it used to be and also noise from other guests that prevented you from sleeping. I am only sorry that they were not brought to my attention while you were with us and I would have tried to find you a little quieter room and I would have sorted out the problem

According to the peak season we've raised up the price a little bit as same as most hotels in Bangkok. Please rest assured of this concern that your room was booked with our special offer and it was the cheapest prices that we have.

If you could kindly inform me more details regarding the unwashed coffee cup for two days in the room and also the staff that you found unprofessional, I would like to investigate further since we have never received any complaints from your previous stays. Being informed of a problem presents an opportunity for us to fix it since your satisfaction is our priority

If you return I would be glad to meet you personally and make sure your stay meets our standards and please do contact me directly at gm@citypointhotel.com, so I can take personal care of your booking

Ms. Phitchanun Suphromin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This hotel is just 2 min walking distance to both public transportation and Red Light district, so I suppose some people will say the localization is grate... Nothing wrong about the hotel itself, but it is cold and the rooms seems to be designed for multipurpose use...
All inn all, for me City Point is over rated and over valued.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear SveinKyrre O,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback on the site. We are situated in a quiet street in the heart of Bangkok, closed to BTS sky train and MRT subway.
In regard to the price there are some promotions and discount offered for our direct guests and early booking. You may check from our website and our team at reservations@citypointhotel.com on your next visit

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This hotel is literally 3 minutes away from Terminal 21 shopping centre and Asok BTS station. It's a cosy boutique hotel with clean rooms and adequate toiletries. Like the fact that the shower and toilet are separated. The twin sharing rooms are not particularly spacious but they are big enough to fit 2 big luggages without being too cramped.

There is pretty much nothing at the surrounding other than a Korean restaurant right in front of the hotel and a massage centre called Urban Retreat (a very popular and crowded massage centre which explains why the workers there were extremely arrogant and rude).

The hotel is located inside a small lane and so may be missed by the cab drivers. Even our cab driver got it wrong despite the address given. If you do not want to be stuck in the city's infamous traffic jam, be sure to get the cab driver to call the hotel for directions if he is unsure. Should keep left immediately after you see Park Hotel. Plenty of signboards directing to you the hotel after Park Hotel.

Very strategic and affordable hotel with helpful staff. I would definitely stay there again in my next Bangkok trip.

If I am nit picking then breakfast looked pathetic. Good thing we didn't opt for it. Plenty of yummy food outside.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear 3GorgeZ,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review on the site. I am delighted that you found the hotel nothing to dislike, room was clean and adequate toiletries.Thank you also for considering our hotel for your next visit

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 26 November 2013

after searching for a hotel close to a central skytrain station i found this gem.

i stayed 2 nights for 60$ per night ( double room without breakfast ) and thought it was delightful. immaculately clean, very high quality furnishings, lovely bed, effective a/c. friendly helpful staff.

pretty much the nicest hotel i have stayed in, and located 50m from the Asok BST station. there are many more expensive hotels all around but i cant imagine why you would chose to pay any more than this place asks unless you have very specific requirements from your hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ant644
Gold Coast
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stayed for nine nights and felt very welcome from the moment the front door was opened for us. Immaculately clean, excellent location and a quite. Lovely big bed and good quality linen. The breakfast is really lovely and all the staff are friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We found this hotel through a blog and read many good reviews about this hotel. We decided to give it a try and was very happy that we chose this hotel. Finding this hotel was very easy as it is located very near(5mins walk) the train station (Asok) which is also just next to the new shopping centre, Terminal 21. As soon as we reached the hotel, we were greeted by the hotel's friendly and attentive staff which later brought us our clean and comfy room.

This trip also coincides with my wife's birthday and we were surprised with a delicious cake and a birthday song during our yummy breakfast!

Overall, we are very satisfied with our stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kelv_tai
Australia
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I loved this little hotel. The rooms are generous in size, very modern and clean and the beds are comfy too.
The location is ideal, walk to the corner and you are at the BTS station Asok which means its easy to get everywhere! Two minute walk to Terminal 21.
Lovely friendly hotels staff.
Restaurant is good but unfortunately they only serve breakfast.
No complaints from me and I would stay there again in a heart beat.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends