“A nice small hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Oberwil, Switzerland
“A nice small hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed here 3 nights after one month in Thailand. The hotel is located very convinient to everything in Bangkok. And even if it is in the middle of the city it still is really quiet at night. The rooms are nice and clean, the bathroom with glasswalls is really fancy with a shower like tropical rains. Only the aircon bothered us, but is was "repaired" on the last day. I would claim it needs proper repair or replacement. The breakfast is for us farang very good (real western). There was only one thai dish. The croissants would be better though if they were heated before serving. The staff is very helpful and smiling. But the wi-fi is really bad even though the reception tried to restart it several times. Still we liked the place and would come back

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Karin 1947,

Thank you very for taking the time to write a review about CityPoint. I am glad that you liked our great location, clean room as well our helpful and smiling staff. Thank you also for mentioning about our AC, Wi-Fi and breakfast. Please be assured that we will solve all of these problems and that there will be an improvement since your satisfaction is our priorities and we look forward to serve you better.

Should you require further assistance regarding to your next booking, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@citypointhotel.com.

Ms. Phitchanun Suphromin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ramat Gan, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Strangely (to me) I had already been to this hotel several years ago, but forgot. Didn't remember when I made my reservation. Only remembered when I saw the bathroom (en suite).

The above, a true story, will thus reflect on the reviews that the hotel has received over the years, as I choose my hotels based, in large part, on the reviews reflected in the internet hotel reservation sites.

CityPoint Hotel is a wonderful hotel at a wonderful location. It is just off Sukhumvit and very close to both the BTS (skytrain) and MTR (Metro), making it very accessible to most tourist destinations. Even better, the MTR station is just a single station away from the station which connects with the airport train, making travelling to and from the airport both efficient in terms of time and also in terms of money.

The location is further enhanced by being almost across the street from Terminal 21, which is a big new mall, for those who are interested in shopping or eating in a busy food court.

The room is wonderful: large, clean, comfortable, and modern. It is the bathroom which I recognized from my previous stay, which is enclosed by translucent glass and has modern fixtures, including an amazing shower which in the heat and humidity of Bangkok is a very important asset. The staff is efficient, helpful and friendly.

This is a 3 star hotel, and the price is appropriate for such an institution. The soap at the bathroom sink and in the shower is in dispensers and not the little bottles that you tend to find in many hotels today. It appears to me to be of a very high quality. The towels are definitely fantastic.

Breakfast is nothing to write home about. It is adequate for biological needs, but does not meet the criteria of a decent buffet. If there is an extra charge for breakfast, the potential guest might think twice, pay the lower price (without breakfast) and possibly choose to go out for breakfast, to another hotel. I repeat, for those for whom eating is something more functional than aesthetic, the breakfast will adequately break your fast.

The only negative is that the hotel is currently undergoing expansion, and that means that from Monday to Saturday, from 10:00-18:00 the guest might experience construction noises which are not at all pleasant. I asked how long this might continue, and was told that it might take a year to complete. But this is not the kind of hotel which is meant for sitting around all day, and for those who intend to be out and about during the day, this should not pose much of a problem.

I will definitely return to CityPoint Hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Hanan B
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Hanan B,

Thank you very much for posting such a detailed review on the site regarding your recent stay. I am thrilled that you returned for the second time and it was a great pleasure to welcome you back.

I am so pleased that you liked our wonderful location. We are lucky to be in such a wonderful location close to the BTS (skytrain), MRT (metro), Terminal 21, a new shopping mall and all the wonderful shops within its building and around the area.

I am happy also to hear that you liked our wonderful, large, clean and modern room. The bathroom soap is Press + Wash Rain shower, which is a unique, patented and closed dosage and I am glad you liked it.

Thank you also for mentioning about our breakfast I highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do.

With respect to the construction I would like to thank you for mentioning the time of this work and I am most grateful to your consideration and care on this.

Once again thank you for your kind feedback and we hope to see you soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

The Good: The hotel is extremely well positioned: just a 2 minute walk to both the BTS (Asok) and MRT (Sukhumvit) stations. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful during our stay. The room itself was in good condition and was nice and tidy. There was a mini fridge (with two small complimentary bottles of water per day). The bed was comfortable, the linens on it were quality, and there were three pillows a piece, which were much appreciated.

The Bad: The bathroom does not offer much privacy: the "walls" are entirely made of glass -- albeit frosted in some places -- so you can see the person inside is. The bathroom also featured the common Thailand sewer smell -- not really the hotel's fault, since it seems to be a problem in a number of places across the country. There is a serious dearth of plugs in the room (I think there were two?), so make sure to bring your power strip if you have a number of electronic items. We stayed during the Bangkok shutdown protests and there was a massive speaker right at the end of the hotel's street that blasted horribly screechy live performances until the wee hours (they were still going when I managed to drift off at 1am and were already going strong at 7:30am the next morning). This is obviously not the hotel's fault, but it would likely impact your stay, so check to see if it's still going on when you visit. Also of note: the hotel is expanding on remodeling, so there is construction noise as well. They seem to be trying to keep it to reasonable hours, so this may not affect you.

The Ugly: Nothing really stuck out as amazingly horrible, so I can't think of any "uglys."

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Diegs17,

How very kind of you to take the time to write a review and we all greatly appreciate your time. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Citypoint and that you appreciated the great location, exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, nice and tidy room as well as our best quality linens and comfortable bed.

I am sorry that our trendy designed bathroom did not meet your liking. As for the plug we do provide power strips free of charge and this service is upon request

Concerning to the noise from the protesters I am sorry to hear that it disturbed your rest and I truly apologize for that. Please rest assured that this kind of noise will no longer disturb you or no one else since the protesters have already moved out from the area.

In regard to the construction I would like to personally thank you for your kind understanding and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and next time we will make sure your room has a power strips set.

Nansha, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff. Small rooms but great location. Easy to get to from the sky train and metro, which was good considering taxi's wouldn't take us due to the political protests. This is not the hotel's fault. The hotel is literally around the corner from the central protests. Of course, this means there are great street food stalls all around, but it's loud at night.

Breakfast in the morning was quick and efficient, but not great.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Beth C,

Thank you for giving us a chance to take care of you on your recent stay. I am very delighted that you liked our clean room, friendly and helpful staff as well as our great location which can't be beaten. Thank you also for mentioning our breakfast and as always we take every comment seriously and see how we can make ourselves better.

It's our goal to retain you as a satisfied guest and we hope to serve and welcome you again in the future.

Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on election day after travelling from the Laos border. We arrived early in the morning but were told we could not check in until 2pm. This was annoying as we had just spent the night on the overnight train and secondly we knew the hotel had lots of rooms available. However, we were offered orange juice and coffee. After 45minutes we were offered another room, which we happily took despite being warned of noise from the protestors during the day.

The room itself is a nice size with lots of storage space. The shower area is a little small but it had a very nice powerful shower and the room was very clean. The beds are extremely comfortable.

The downside to this hotel is the poor noise insulation. The protestors stayed up until 1am and we could hear all the noise. Yes, we were warned about it during the day but it was frustrating knowing that our original room was located away from the street.

Overall, located close to the Terminal 21 and the BTS Skytrain for the shopping centres. Polite staff and a comfortable room. There are many choices available in the area including hotels with a pool for a similar price. Should you choose to stay here you'll have a clean and comfortable room.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear amcs1983,

Thank you very much for posting your comments; we very much appreciate your feedback. I am pleased to know that you liked our clean and comfortable room, location, polite staff and the extremely comfortable bed. I appreciate your comment about early check in, but please allow me to explain this concern. The hotel normal check in time is 02:00 p.m.and the early check in can be arranged subject to room availability upon your arrival. I have checked the record your arrival time was somewhat early 06:30 a.m. For guaranteed early check-in, reservation needs to be made starting from the previous night.
I am glad that the staff offered you a room as soon as they could even though it was not an original room we prepared for you, but it was the same category.

Regarding the noise from the protesters, I am sorry to hear that it disturbed your rest. Unfortunately we cannot entirely avoid the protesters in the area during this political situation. Please accept my sincere apology for that.

We hope that we may welcome you back in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@citypointhotel.com so I may take personal care of your booking.

Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Like everyone says, it is the perfect location. Our room was nice and had the essentials - small fridge, water, TV, etc. The staff was friendly and helpful. We did not book our stay with breakfast in the morning, but we ended up eating (we had to pay) there 3 out of the 5 mornings. Food was good.
The reception area always smelled very clean and everything was neat.
The only thing I would have preferred was that the comforter had been changed; it was left on the floor by us because my son got it a bit dirty, but it was put back on the bed while the room was picked up (we saw the stain when we returned in the evening). But it wasn't a big deal and it was our second to last night, so we didn't bother asking for a new one.
We would stay at this hotel again for sure. The price is fair; location is perfect; we had a good 5-night stay overall.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Meredith T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us following your recent stay at Citypoint Hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and it was our pleasure of having you and your family as our guests.

As for the comforter I truly apologize for misunderstanding on the policy carried out by our housekeeping team. We are inviting our guests to join a water conservation campaign and create a green world. Our policy is to change bed linen every two days for guests who stay multiple nights and there is a card which the guests can leave on the bed if they wish to have their bed linen changed daily. As for your case I am sorry that the maid took it for granted that you did not wish to change your comforter since there was not a card on your bed. We assure you that this will never happen again.

We all look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the very near future

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Very clean, well situated hotel. As everyone says so easy to reach from asok station on sky train. Shame the protests were on as they blocked the whole road off near the hotel and although it's in a quiet side street we could hear the music and whistles from the protests until midnight then it started again at 0730!
Would still recommend staying there. Lovely friendly and very helpful staff

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Leeds Travel-Queen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location very easy to reach. However, I am sorry that you faced with some inconveniences caused by the protesters during your stay.

Thank you also for recommending our hotel to other TripAdvisor readers and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Bangkok.