“Amazing boutique hotel!!!!”

Ranked #86 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Amazing boutique hotel!!!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is just great! Small, stylish, very nicely maintained and wonderful location. The staff is very friendly and helpful​, they always smile​ and the rooms are just perfect. I heard nothing from the construction despite there’s a apologize letter from the manager. Nothing to complain about. I will definitely stay here whenever I’m in Bangkok.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saneta0110
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Saneta0110,

Thank you for your positive feedback on Citypoint Hotel. I am most grateful to read that you enjoyed you stay at the hotel and that you liked our wonderful location and the service provided by our friendly staff. Thank you also for thinking of coming back to stay with us again and we look forward to serving you soon

For you future booking, please kindly contact us directly at info@citypointhotel.com or you can contact me directly at gm@citypointhotel.com. It's BEST PRICE GUARANTEED!

Phitchanun Suphromin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Fabulous small hotel in the center of Bangkok and close to all amenities and transport. Rooms are well appointed, super clean and the beds very comfortable. Staff extremely polite and helpful and make my stay a very special experience. I have stayed at many hotels in Bangkok over the years with some a little more expensive than this one, but here the quality really shines through. Very reasonable price per room but you get such good quality. Very good coffee at breakfast and everything is just PERFECT!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank KamonS192
Dear KamonS192,

Thank you for your excellent review following your recent stay with us at Citypoint. I am glad to learn that you were impressed by the hotel location, the comfortable bed and the very clean room as well as the extremely helpful staff. I am also happy that you liked our coffee at the breakfast and I do hope that you will come back and taste it again soon

For your future booking, please kindly contact us at info@citypointhotel.com or you can contact me directly at gm@citypointhotel.com. It's best price guaranteed!

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days this past week. It's a bit hidden in an alley but no more than a 2 min walk to the Bts and metro. You don't even have to cross any roads to get to the two stations as there is a staircase on the side leading to to them.
Service is great and all the staff are friendly and helpful. They made extra efforts to allow me to use one of the rooms to take a quick shower before my overnight train after checking out earlier that day. The room is clean with new furnishing. The breakfast was good and adequate.
The only problem we had was that the room first given to us was having a strong smell, possibly from the stuffy air. They kindly changed and upgraded the room for us without any further problem. I would have no problem to go back to this hotel again. Hope the price still stays good at that time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Francis_Y2014,

It was very pleased to read your feedback following your recent stay at Citypoint. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and that you appreciated the great service by our friendly and helpful staff, the excellent location as well as the good and adequate breakfast we serve. I am also grateful that we met your expectations and that you wanted to come back again.

Concerning the smell please rest assured that we will solve this problem and I can guarantee you that this will not occur again since it has been noted and passed to our housekeeping team already.

For your future booking and best price guaranteed, please kindly contact us directly at info@citypointhotel.com or your can reach me at gm@citypointhotel.com

Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here for three nights with my sister. While it was a downgrade from my usual haunt at Siam Square, the hotel is perfectly located a short distance away from the police block and Terminal 21. When we first got there, we were assigned twin beds on the fourth floor but as I was about to turn my sheets over, I noticed blood stain smack dab in the middle of my bed. Needless to say, I requested for a room change as housekeeping wasn't available at that time. The front desk gave us a nice quiet room on the 5th floor and we were pleased with the sanctity offered and the king bed was very comfy and soft.

Breakfast here was simple but healthy and I far enjoyed it more than the breakfast buffet at Mercure Siam. The offerings inluded fruits, made to order eggs and sausage, whole wheat croissants, yoghurt and granola. A good start to the day.

Staff were very nice and greeted us warmly. The only problem I would have with this hotel is the ratty linens and towels. The first night was okay as they provided us fluffy white towels but they were then replaced with tattered rags. Manager, please do something about that...one towel even had a piece unravelling to the ground...

Other than that minor issue, would stay here again, especially if I'm shopping in the area. The guests here are well mannered and quiet (mostly comprising of Japanese people) so you won't expect loud mouth ruffians like you would in budget/business hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear nivhna,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review following your recent stay. I am pleased to note that you found our location to be very perfectly located, good breakfast and very nice staff, but I am hugely concerned and disappointed that you did not have the overall experience of the Citypoint that we are proud to provide the many guests who choose to stay with us.

I am genuinely sorry that your experienced with linens was disappointing and this was really not something that we receive such comments. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and please be assured that this will not happen again. We will take immediate action and improve our service since we do value your satisfaction and we put it as our priority.

I really do hope that you will consider trying again as I am very confident that we can provide you with the same experience and level of comfort that a majority of our guests are very willing to attest to.

San francisco
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was the worst hotel experience I have had in se asia. There was an extremely loud construction site as they were building an addition to the hotel so I was woken up to the unpleasant noise of power tools and hammering. The front desk made no mention of the construction when checking in and it started earlier and lasted longer than was stated on the small memo left in the room. Not only that but the staff were very rude and literally threatened to call the police on my friend and I while we were discussing the disturbance the noise was causing us. Stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Trvl-man14
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Trvl-man14,

According to most reviews by previous guests which all distinctly mentioned about apologize letter, I am surprise that you complained by not being told about the construction noise since you were a walked in guest and a room was presented to you before you took it and a notice letter was obviously placed in the showroom including the works noise happening while you were taking to the showroom. It was our sole intention to provide information to our guests on what we are doing to cause disturbance as little as possible. So, it would not be possible that you did not know about the noise.
Furthermore, if this was a reason for not paying the bill, you should have notified me that night while we were on the phone, then I would understand and compensate you for the loss of your rest. You said nothing, but negotiating the price and asking for free breakfast which I did give to you. And you even brought three more friends at midnight to stay in a room which you were not allowed to do. So, you unintentionally took one more room with special price that I offered. You have referred to a police it was because you were denying to pay the bill and it was out of the question to get free night upon departure by raised up the noise problem when the bill needed to be settled.

I understand you will not return, but I would like to share with you that we do value and appreciate all comments from our guests whether it is good or bad since it helps me monitor the service we provide, but at least it must contain the truth.

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us.

Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Get my 100% satisfied
Clean room, fresh air.
super friendly and helpful staffs
city centre, perfect location
good breakfast
Quiet room even they apologise for hotel construction
Worth money
feel like I'm in 5star hotel.
Will be back for sure

Room Tip: King size bed make you got plenty sleep area :)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JuneHaruthai
Dear JuneHaruthai,

I am really pleased at the heading of your review and thank you very much for sharing your superb experience following your recent stay. It is wonderful to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and I am delighted that we got your 100% satisfaction. That is exactly how we want you to feel.Thank you for your very kind words that everything was excellent. We are very proud of Citypoint and we like to think that we go extra mile to ensure that each and every guest goes away with fond memories of their time with us.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed there for three nights. We found a modern, small and well located hotel. It's just 100 meters from subway and skytrain stations. Besides that, the area seems to be safe at night with a shopping mall and some restaurants and pubs at a walking distance.
Our room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was also clean, and the shower had a good stream of hot water. However, all mornings it had an strange (kind of humid) odor that was absent the rest of the day.
Breakfast was included in the fee. It was really good! there were options for everybody, from fruits and toast to a hot meal and scramble eggs with sausage.
I think it's a great option to spend a couple of days for someone who is willing to move by themselves and use the subway and skytrain.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear drmsol80,

Thank you very much for posting your comments I very much appreciate your feedback. I am glad to read that your stay lived up for the main part of your stay but obviously I was disappointed to read that your bathroom had strange odor. It is certainly our aim to always exceed our guest’s expectations and I have taken into consideration your comment on this for further review with our team to eliminate the problem.

We hope that we may welcome you back in the not too distant future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gm@citypointhotel.com so I may take personal care of your booking and it's best price guaranteed