“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Surabaya, Indonesia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent location, less than 5 min walk to MRT, BTS, and Terminal 21 (the best shopping mall in my opinion).
Excellent interior finishing and amenities, very clean and neat.
Very fast wifi.
Bed super comfy, shower fantastic.
Super friendly service, they even stopped a taxi for us when we checked out, so that we got meter taxi to Don Mueang airport. Normally a hotel would call for a taxi with flat rate around THB 800; we paid only less than THB 400 inclusive of highway fee and some tip to driver.
Definitely recommended, would like to stay here again next visit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Henry H
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Henry H,

It was our great pleasure looking after you on your recent visit to CityPoint Hotel and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on the site.

I am most grateful to learn that you had a great time with us and that you enjoyed all aspects in the hotel, the clean and neat room, the comfy bed, the service by our friendly staff, and especially our excellent location. I would also like to thank you for recommending Citypoint to other Tripadvisor readers and for considering of staying with us on your next visit. We all look forward to welcoming you back soon

Phitchanun Suphromin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bombay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a small but neat, clean and peaceful hotel tucked away from the main road and a major intersection. It provides the convenience of being close to BTS and MRT stations (just 2 minutes walk) and at the same time away from hustle and bustle of the big city.

Good for short trips, as the hotel infrastructure is limited (just 30 rooms and skeleton staff). The staff are very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: In some rooms there can be noise from adjoining construction work. Avoid them as far as possible.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank sundara
Dear sundara,

I would like to thank you for choosing Citypoint Hotel as your accommodation choice and the time taken to leave us your feedback following your recent stay.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our convenient location was suitable for your needs as well as the neat and clean room. Thank you also for mentioning our polite and helpful staff, I have passed your kind comments to all the team who really do appreciate it and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Bangkok.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

1st stayed here in may. chose it again this time round. with so many hotels in bkk and having stayed in quite afew over the years, none has appealed me enough to come back for a 2nd stay other than citypoint.
rooms are not jaw-dropping amazing but definitely very sleek and clean. all service staff (from reception to room and public attendants) never fail to smile and always eager to attend to enquiries. location is very ideal/centralised and is part of the reason why it attracts me back. only downside, the nearest 7-11 or family-mart is not exactly near.
so yes, citypoint will still be my no. 1 choice for my future bkk trips. for now..

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
1 Thank jensen0332
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear jensen0332,

I am absolutely delightful to read that Citypoint Hotel is being your No. 1 choice to stay in Bangkok and thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback following your recent stay. I would also like to thank you for recognizing the services provided by our staff and for highlighting the huge plus of our ideal and convenient location.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to our Citypoint Hotel on a future occasion and please let me know via gm@citypointhotel.com when your plan brings you back to Bangkok, so I can assist you with your room reservation.

Herzliya, Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a night, and returned for another around 10 days later. Had an excellent stay, stayed around after checkout waiting for our late flight and had no problem keeping luggage and walking around Bangkok. Things to note:
-Good comfortable beds, clean room.
-Superb staff, couldn't possibly do more.
-Location, definetly the highlight, 3min to bts.
-Breakfast no variety however great omelet.
-no pool/gym which would make this place even better.

Next to the hotel there is construction undergoing, despite hardly noticing noise for more than 5min during our stay the hotel should send a heads up via mail and not just put a sorry message on the bed. Very recommended!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
CitypointBKK, General Manager at CityPoint Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Tomer R,

I am absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Citypoint Hotel and thank you so much for sharing your experience on the site. I am also pleased that we met the expectations and that you were satisfied with our comfortable and clean bed, the superb staff and great location as well as the breakfast. Even though it seems you had an overall pleasant experience; there are some areas where we could improve our services. I have taken into consideration your constructive feedback regarding the message to our guests for further review with the team. Thank you for your kind suggestion.

We hope for the opportunity to serve you again in the future, and we thank you for your support.

For your future booking, please kindly contact us directly at info@citypointhotel.com or gm@citypointhotel.com. We guarantee best price!

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My first impression when I arrived at the front of lobby hotel was a little bit underestimate. What do you expect from the accommodation which located at the small dark street and dead end street. The reception table is so small and there was only one staff at that time. I came to this hotel around 10 pm. The receptionist staff asked me to show the immigration arrival card which for me was the first time in my life showing like this during check in processes. After the check in processes finished, the room boy bring all my stuff into my room. For your information, there is only 30 rooms in this accommodation. The room itself is clean and quite neat. The room is not to big, but I can see they try to make this room as comfortable as it can by using modern room facility like using LED TV. The bathroom quite small but clean. One thing that I would like to share here is the hot shower water is not stable. Sometimes you feel hot but sometimes you will feel cold. The hotel location is near the big shopping mall (terminal 21) and Asok BTS. For everyone who are the first time come to Bangkok, the hotel is located across the Terminal 21 shopping mall. If you take taxi from the BTS, the cost would around 50 THB. The breakfast menu is so simple but the taste is good. I would like to suggest people to stay at this hotel when they visit Bamgkok.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Denny Gunawan S,

Thank you for your feedback on Citypoint Hotel following your recent stay. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel even though there are some areas need to be improved. We want to make sure that our guests are comfortable and enjoyable during their stay. Your comments have been passed to related departments to see how we can make ourselves better.

Concerning the immigration card I would like to share with you that to complete check in procedure, guest’s passport along with an immigration card are required upon arrival since it is concern with security that reported to the Immigration Bureau daily. However, in some hotels they do not strict on this and if your immigration card is already attached with a passport, then it would not be asked for. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by this matter.

Thank you once again for considering of coming back to stay with us in the further. We all look forward to welcoming you again soon

For your future booking, please do contact us directly at info@citypointhotel.com for special deals. It's Best Price Guaranteed!

Chiang Rai, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Location and the quality of hotel are the key. It is less than 5 minutes walk from BTS Asok.

There are a lot of shops and restaurants in walking distance.
There is a big public park just 10 minutes walk.
The hotel is new and very well decorated the bed is comfortable and clean

Breakfast was average.
Free WiFi
Friendly staffs

The bathroom and toilet room made of Frosted Glass, Yes it look modern and very well designed, but when you are using the toilet, your friend can see your shadow sitting on the toilet bow.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear kiat25,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on the site. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the location suitable for your needs. We are very centrally located close to all the shops on Sukhumvit area as well as Siam area and lots of great restaurants. We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit

Please kindly contact us directly at info@citypointhotel.com for special deals or you can reach me directly at gm@citypointhotel.com. It’s Best Price Guaranteed!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

A one night stop over in bkk so my demands were close to rail link, close to night life and clean.
I got all 3 in spades.
Friendly staff, a cooling glass of juice as I checked in and amazingly clean and spacious rooms.
Only one minor complaint was the free upgrade went to single bed whilst I prefer a double.

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
Dear Ipcresss,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Citypoint Hotel. I am delighted to read your appreciation of our ideal location and the hospitality and friendly staff that made your stay special. However, I am sorry to learn that your bed preference was incorrectly arranged. To prevent any re-occurrence, I can assure you that necessary actions have been taken accordingly. I have passed your comment to the related department to improve their works and pay more attention to guest’s request.

We all look forward to welcoming you back and to serving you better soon.