Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Okura Hotels
US$104
US$94
2,515 results
All reviewsclub carlsonrooftop poolgreat hotelasok btsquiet streetexecutive roomtuk tukthe main roadconcierge staffmassage placesmin walkrain showerconvenient locationlate checkmodern hotelstayed here for nightsstreet food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This hotel was amazing! Beautiful rooms, very modern and well laid out. The staff were so wonderful and full of suggestions about how to get around and what to see. We ate at the mezze restaurant every morning for breakfast and the food was good buffet style. Rooms were clean and quiet, beds were comfortable, bathroom was perfect, WiFi worked well. Would definately stay here again. Just off Sukhumvit Road close to Terminal 21 shopping. Cabs and Tuk Tuks are cheap and you can get anywhere easily. Made Bangkok a great experience for us!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2011

I travel to Bangkok very frequently and have stayed in many hotels in that area. I decided to stay in park plaza because I wanted to try something new. The exterior and interior of the hotel is pretty and everything I look for in a hotel is there. However, one particular staff in the front desk was very rude. He always roll his eyes when I talk to him and when I request to change to a room with bath tub, he doesn't even try to make an effort to accede to my request. When I try asking another lady, she did her best and manage to change my room. I appreciate her gesture but I think the guy could better improve his attitude. Overall, I think park plaza is a pleasant hotel and I would recommend it for people who looks for a beautiful room with wonderful ammenities.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank matchinchin
Reviewed 28 December 2011

we had a stopover in Bangkok for 2 nights and we can recommend this hotel.
Near to the BTS (Asok) and MRT it is very easy to find when you come directly from the airport. You don´t need to call a taxi, you will lose so much time. In this area is traffic all the time. The reception is very friendly and kind. We had a quick check in and check out.
The rooms are quite big and clean. The bed is very comfortable. And the bathroom was amazing.
We had booked our stay included breakfast and nothing was missed there. The staff is very quick in refill your coffee or milk or whatelse, you can´t imagine. :-)
When we were checking out we got the offer from the reception to leave one of our bag there until we come back from our trip in the south. That was very nice, because we didn´t ask for that and it would be free of charge.
Please be careful when you use a taxi in the evening. This hotel is new built and still unknown by many taxi drivers! In summary we can say that we had a very comfortable and stressless stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stellina1908
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I just loved this hotel. Great room, great amenities, great location. Within walking distance to BTS Asok, the hotel has good eating / massage joints nearby. There is even an Indian Restaurant called "The Pavilion" on Soi 18. There is a nice Thai food joint just outside the hotel (On the right coming out of the hotel). Internet was free in the lobby - both Wired (On free PCs) and Wi-Fi. Reception staff was always helpful. The room was large and comfortable with good quality free supplies for making tea coffee and good quality shampoo / body lotion etc in the bathroom. Only sad part was that my stay was one day only. Will certainly return in March 2012 for 4 days.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2011

My fiancé came to the hotel because he was having an interview in the area. Upon check in, the front desk man notified him about a deposit, which was not mentioned in the reservation that we had printed from our email. It was guaranteed to my credit card, which was also to be used for incidentals. For some reason, they wanted all of the money in cash up front ("I need cash fight now"), so he was forced to pay 1000 baht even though the first night was made with my gold points. When my fiancé asked if the money would be returned to him, the front desk staff rudely snapped back "What do you think deposit means?"

The room was very well decorated, and the rest of the hotel was beautiful. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was spectacular. However, the service was not up to par. I called the hotel directly and tried to straighten it out, but it was very difficult. He sounded annoyed when he was talking to me. Even though I provided an authorization form for my credit card, he still would not let my fiancé use it. The front desk was the first shift of front desk.

I am the new Director of Sales at a Country Inn & Suites in the USA, and to me this type of customer service is unacceptable for our brand standard. I am not the type of person to complain about hotels; I have to read the reviews for my hotels every day, and I understand that there are bad days and good days. But I expected much more of a Park Plaza, one of the highest Carlson hotels.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family