“Best Hotel - Best Value For Money”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #83 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
“Best Hotel - Best Value For Money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

I've been traveling Thailand for many years now, I have stayed at many hotels in various locations, I have never had a better hotel at a rate so good.
I believe The Park Plaza was built in April 2011, The location is great and only a few minutes away from ASOK BTS = (Train Station).
There are lots of small restaurants just outside the hotel that are reasonably priced.
The reception staff and the bell boys specially "GOGO" were very cheerful and would acknowledge your presence with a smile and a bow when ever you walked by.
I found this hotel purely by accident as I was staying in a hotel near by at a similar price but much lower on quality and 17 years old.
I was pleasantly surprised with the "Park Plaza" as it was ultra clean and modern, I also enjoyed the AUSTRALIAN Network TV station # 50 which kept me in touch with what was going on back home.
I recommend this hotel to anyone who wants quality at an affordable price.

There are lots of tuk tuks and taxi drivers outside, I recommend a Thai driver by the nickname of Mario, I found him to be pretty honest, helpful and extremely friendly
Hope this review helps :-)

Room Tip: I had a room on the 3rd before I checked out for Chiang Mai and upon my return to BKK I had a diffre...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Ray01e
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear Raymond,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your great review! Glad you liked the Australian Network TV Channel, as a fellow Aussie, we have now also included Vegimite on the breakfast buffet as well ! :)

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

plucas@parkplaza.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Boput
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

We only stayed for 2 nights but we enjoyed our stay. The hotel is new, contemporary and is well decorated.

Our room was smart with a large flat screen tv. Only gripe was the bed that was two singles pushed together... we ended up falling down the gap in the middle! Get used to the Thai 'window between the bathroom and bedroom' feature - many hotels do this. We nicknamed it the pervert window!

The rooftop pool was clean and refreshing. Good size with loungers around the edge. Happy hour at the bar was 5-7pm, always very quiet when we were there.

Although we liked the hotel there isn't anything to see in the immediate area.

1 Thank Gracie_Grey1
Dear Gracie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your kind comments on the pool and room! Also we have well noted and briefed our team in relation to the bedding.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

This is a really nice hotel and holds a very high standard for the price. The rooms have a modern decor and all public areas including the reception and the restaurant look really nice. The roof top pool is a decent size and also looks lovely. Unfortunately there aren't that many sun loungers so we never spent that much time by the pool as it was fairly crowded.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is in a convenient location, close walking distance both to the sky train and the MRT which is really convenient as there aren't many sights nearby. It is also walking distance to the Terminal 21 shopping centre and there are many restaurants in the area.
I would recommend to steer clear of the hotel restaurant, food there wasn't great and it is also much more expensive than nearby restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear KariJazz,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your favourable comments in relation to our decor and design and rooftop pool!

Noted also your post in relation to the outlet, we have recently launched a series of promotional F&B activities with good value running concurrently; a combo set menu promotion in our main Restaurant outlet for THB 199 for a 3 course set menu with a choice of soft drink, we also have a daily Happy Hour from 5pm-9pm on selected beverages.

Chandigarh, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

Park Plaza exceeded all my expectations. Excellently and tastefully decorated lobby. Although it is not a very big space there in the lobby but due to its architect it feels open and spacious. Very nice room with good amenities, Location is nice as well, BTS is a few minutes walk away. Front Office and Security staff is very very helpful and cheering. Excellent Rooftop Gym and pool. A little error I found that pool was not clean, might be a lot of people have used it before I went over there. But I will still give 10 out of 10 to this place and would recommend everyone to use it. I am also looking forward to come back soon.

Room Tip: I stayed on the club floor, very nicely decorated, quiet and calm.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear Raj,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your nice favourable comments, look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Coffs Harbour, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012

Quality 5 star hotel in a great location and super value for money. We had a stardard room which cost $71 AUD per night (from WOTIF). Breakfast for 2 was an extra $12 and was the best we had in Thailand. The hotel is an easy work to the Skytrain and there are plenty of cafes and bars close by. Soi Cowboy is just down the road if that is of interest to you.

1 Thank Stu E
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Dear Stu,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your favourable comments on us! :)

Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

After searching the internet for a good hotel in Bangkok, that was central (for me), I came upon this one... And was I pleased. Close to public transport and within walking distance to shopping malls, I was happy.
The rooms are large and modern, with fantastic bathrooms and all the modcons needed for a work trip or just a holiday. Now the beds, lordy are they fabulous. I cannot explain, you need to experience it. The pillows and duvet are featherlight and you sink into a little bit of heaven. An added bonus is that I wasn't woken up at dawn by the noise of the city.
The staff are fantastic, patient and friendly and will help you out with any of your many questions.
Breakfast was a pleasure - European or Asian choice, but this is Bangkok, so look around.

My only gripe was that the room price changed (I came back for 2 nights), it works on a demand basis, thus the fuller the hotel the higher the price!! This I have never come across, so as a walk in guest, the second time I booked in, the same room was at a higher rate. To not have this, you need to become a Club Carlson member, so guess what....

All in all, a great hotel with wonderful staff in a great location. I will be back and I am recommeding it to all my friends...though they are going to have to do something about there walk in rates.....

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Nicky N
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Dear Nicky,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! My Executive Housekeeper (Khun Kittiya) was delighted when we read out your comment in this morning's briefing in relation to your comments on the bed and duvet comfortableness and quality - thank you! :)

Roseville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

I'm giving this hotel an excellent rating because of the value of the hotel. This was the cheapest hotel I stayed at in Thailand and I found it to be the one I liked the most. The lobby is very clean and tastefully decorated. It is not grandiose but very nice indeed. The room was clean and smelled good. The smell of our room became important after having a smelly room the night before.

The bathroom was very clean and has a large shower. Shower pressure was good. The drain was loud when water was draining but that is a trivial quip. The bed was clean and comfortable. The decor of the room was modern and pleasing. We were really impressed with the room and the hotel. The view from the room was not good but I didn't care. We didn't have time to try the pool.

The location of the hotel is quite good. It is close to the BTS. It is also on a street with quite a few restaurants. The restaurant next door is really excellent and a good value.

Overall I was very pleased with this hotel and will stay here the next time I'm in BKK.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Adam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your great feedback to our team! It was a very encouraging response, thank you :)