“Excellent!”

Ranked #81 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 is an excellent hotel. The location is perfect as it's secluded from the noisy main road and it's 5 minutes from the BTS. Our stay was even better when we got upgraded to the Plaza Club Floor by the GM, Mr Peter Lucas as it's my wife's birthday and our anniversary. Mr Lucas is doing a wonderful job as the GM as the staffs are very efficient and very professional at their jobs.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 18 December 2012
Dear Mr Ismail,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

plucas@parkplaza.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Germany
Reviewed 9 December 2012

This is our third stay in this hotel. Since last year not much has changed and it's still very good. Location is great, rooms are clean, service it good.
Still, breakfast is expensive and I recommend going to a nearby place, such as in one of the towers around the large crossing. The hotel pool is very nice.
Personnel is very helpful although we found that some of their suggestions on what to do or where to go are not always good (such as going to Asiatique for the Loy Krathong festival which turned out to be the place where everyone goes, or to take a taxi to Ayutthaya - you can get there for a fraction by train). But in general the staff try their best.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the city side (they have odd numbers), but apparently these are one ca...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Dear Tom,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for staying with us 3 times! We appreciated you noting that this is your favourite place. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance for a future booking (plucas@parkplaza.com).

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I spent last night of my Thailand/Cambodia vacation in this hotel and it was a good choice. Paid 50 THB for a cab from Ekkamai and 400 for a cab to the BKK airport next day. Location is great - lots of restaurants and shopping centers in the area. Public transport is easily accessible too. Hotel is pretty new and contemporary furnished. Free wi-fi works very well and you can print your boarding pass in the lobby (10 THB per page). I strongly recommend this hotel.

Dear Young,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! Thanks also for noting our boarding pass printing service in the lobby :)

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 8 December 2012

After 3 weeks vacation in Laos and Thailand we booked a deluxe room at the Park Plaza for our final night at a discount rate of USD 83. For our first night we had booked the gorgeous Sivatel Bangkok at a similar rate, so of course we put the quality of our stay at the Park Plaza in relation to that, so keep that in mind.

Our first impression wasn't great. The hotel is located in a side street, a bit crammed between other buildings, which means that only a limited number of rooms comes with a decent view. When we first entered our room and opened the window, the view was consequently the first thing that put us off, staring an ugly wall of the neighbouring building. The fairly spacious room itself seemed alright, though the tv showed some smears and the wooden slide door to the ok bathroom had some big scratches. The bathroom was okay, but a tad dingy. It just didn't feel "deluxe", just as the entire hotel, which overall felt a bit older and more worn than you would expect from a hotel that age.

We cautiously complained about our room and - amazingly - the staff gave us an upgrade to an executive room without even flinching. Huge compliment for that! The new room was more spacious and overall gave us the somewhat luxurious feeling we had expected, not least thanks to a halfway-decent view. Special compliments for the bed and mattress, which was one of the best I have ever slept in! The mini-gym (treadmill, cross trainer, some weights) and the pool (only 1.2m deep) were alright, but no more.

Overall nothing to write home about, but a really decent place to stay. I think (well, I know for a fact) it's possible to find better deals in Bangkok, though.

Dear Marc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! I was very glad to read the team were able to assist with your room move and I have passed this response to our Front Office Team.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 December 2012

'I recently stayed at the Park Plaza and I was very impressed by the friendliness and service levels of the staff. Close to BTS Asoke and shopping centres and restaurants. The hotel tuk tuk was a great little addition. Coming with a group of three 25 year old guys, we came to the bell hop service guys for all of our advice, talks about the city, and recommendations. The 3 men who drove the Tuk Tuks and took care of our baggage truly made this a wonderful stay. I would recommend this hotel again for future stays

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Benjamin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! I have passed your response onto our bell boy team :)

Scotland
Reviewed 5 December 2012

We stayed here with friends for 3 nights in november/december 2012 and I can honestly say it was a delight. Booked it over the internet and was a bit worried that we would be disappointed as the price was excellent (the fear of pay cheap - expensive regret!) but from the moment we arrived everything was excellent. We paid for an upgrade to an executive room although our friends were in the original room and it was excellent too. Food was great, rooms pristine, service absolutely excellent, roof top pool and bar - briiliant and the thai massages we had were to die for! Would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely stay again. Prices for meals and drinks were very reasonable and choice was excellent. Yes we will return!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th Floor and our friends were on the 6th floor but both locations and rooms were e...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Dear Mands,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your model response, we have printed this and posted it on our Team notice board !! :)

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I booked this hotel after I read the recommendation from Taiwan's traveler website - Bangkok play. The hotel doesn't disappoint me. Since it is built in 2011, everything in this hotel is new. This hotel is located on Sukhumvit area and near the Terminal 21. Walk to the BTS/MRT need 15 mins. There are I like the staff as they are very helpful and courteous. I never tried the hotel buffet breakfast but beside hotel has one Thai restaurant which served delicious meal. I will recommend this hotel to my friends and will come back next time when I'm in Bangkok.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear kkc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!