“Great Value in a Great Location”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #88 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Dubai
“Great Value in a Great Location”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

The hotel is located in a quiet side street of Sukhimvit Road and ticked all the boxes for what I was looking for in a short break in the city. The check in was quick and easy and I found the room to be more than adequate in terms of size, comfort and amenities. The bathroom is modern and had everything I needed. The concierge/door guys were fabulous, always friendly and offering advice. The hotel has a tuk-tuk to take you to the top of the street, though the walk is easy and you can be at Asoke in about 8-10 minutes. Along the street are places to eat and lots of massage shops. The value was outstanding and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank LovinEveryMinute
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Dear LovinEveryMinute,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your thorough and favourable post!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

plucas@parkplaza.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend in december 2012. We were very pleased to find such a modern and contemporary hotel with friendly staff and in a good location close to shops and public transport. The roof top pool is very relaxing with a great bbq buffett on friday nights. If you stay for the weekend it is a must and very reasonably priced.

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

mumbai
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We stayed at Sukhumvit Road SOI 18 Park Plaza and find this hotel very good and well maintained. Staff memebers were tourist friendly and IT satff helped me to configure WiFi on my laptop. Also gadgets like coffee maker, DVD player etc were in good working condition. We selected this hotel as there is India store opposite this hotel and many India Veg restaurants. This hotel is based near Terminal 21 shopping plaza and is a good location to stay with

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
Dear BNAmum,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! As you rightly mentioned we do have some Indian outlets nearby and I was glad to read that you enjoyed the modern touches in the guest rooms and the complimentary wifi !

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Wow, where do I start with this hotel, OK Check in on arrival, our car was parked for us and our bags taken to our rooms, check in was quick and efficient and the staff we're very friendly and helpful. The rooms we're very stylish and modern and very clean with mini bar and everything else you would expect, the bathroom was large with a great walk in shower.The rooftop bar and pool area was a fantastic location to unwind and relax with a drink or have a swim in the fantastic pool again fantastic friendly staff. I had a Thai set menu in the hotel restaurant and the food was amazing again a lovely place to eat and again such lovely staff. Food and Drink prices at this hotel was very reasonable. Location is fantastic only 10 minutes walk from Asok BTS and also a free Tuk Tuk service to Sukhumvit road. A fantastic hotel I had a very enjoyable time and will always choose this hotel in the future. The staff really make this place what it is.

Dear SwitchDan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and glad to read you enjoyed the rooftop pool and set menus in Mezza! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon :)

Reviewed 25 December 2012 via mobile

My family and I spent Christmas at this hotel. The rooms were large and very clean, service was good, and reasonably priced.
The chef cooked a special 4 coarse luncheon at our request with roast turkey lunch and
beetroot soup. The rooftop swimming pool and seating area is relaxing for well priced happy hour evening drinks.
We look forward to going back one day.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Nick,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! I was glad to read you enjoyed the Christmas set in Mezza :)

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 23 December 2012

A great location, with friendly staff, feel good atmosphere, this hotel is a must. The rooms are very spacious and clean and the beds extremely comfortable. All facilities that you need are available and breakfast and quick meal food is excellent. You can't go pass this hotel for value?
NC

Dear Nicholas,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for staying with us :)

New Delhi
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

In Bangkok, finding a good hotel isn't hard. I had high hopes for the Park Plaza. Overall, the room was nice; the service was good. My complaints are minor. I purposely selected this hotel because it has a rooftop pool. One day the pool was closed for a private party. The manager of the hotel apologized personally which was appreciated, but that didn't change the fact that I, the paying guest, couldn't use the pool that day. Second, I had an early check out due to a flight. I left the hotel at 4:45 A.M. I had a small bill to settle for some food and drink charges. The front desk clerk was unable to process my credit card at that hour. Luckily the amount was small so I could pay in Bhat. I would have been more concerned if I had had to pay for my room charge. Finally, like many many hotels, the Park Plaza places a sign in the bathroom about hanging up towels for resue. Each day I hung up my towels, and each day I got fresh towels. Saying one thing and doing another doesn't send a good message. Yes, I know my concerns are minor, but they are enough to make me consider staying in a different hotel next time.

Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank mwalimu727
Dear mwalimu,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and it was nice speaking to you during your stay with us! As mentioned during your stay, once again sincere apologies that we had a function that evening at the poolside, these events are rare and your feedback has been taken on board and we have put in place the necessary rectification measures for our future cocktail parties at the poolside. Look forward to keeping in touch with you and hope to welcome you back again soon.