“Great as always!”

Ranked #88 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“Great as always!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This is our 4th stay here. Obviously everything from the staff, to the rooms, and service have been as fabulous as our previous visits.
We will return, no doubt as this is our home when we are in Bangkok.

Compliments to the General Manager, Mr Peter Lucas for the great job. We see him just about everywhere in the hotel, doing his rounds, every single day.
(He even answers emails personally, within minutes!)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Zamri,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! Thank you for being our regular guest :)

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed in the Park Plaza for 4 nights.
Satisfied with accomodations, nice rooms, good hygiene
Skytrain only 5min walk
Personnel is glad to support you in your activities
Pool not worth mentioning
Breakfast on the other hand could have been better

1 Thank Kristof V
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Kristof,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Staying in Park Plaza soi 18 for the second time now and not the last for sure,
We did so much shopping around, the maids did a great job to always keep our room perfect despite all the bags! Breakfast was as usual great, a shame to go back home after 6 nights in this hotel, was starting to really feel home...and used to our happy hour drinks on the rooftop every nights! Would strongly recommend for anyone willing to be in a central location but remaining quiet! Starting to get to know the staff there, all very friendly, can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay!

Dear Oceane,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! :)

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

There are two Park Plaza's in Bangkok, one on Soi 18 which this review is for, and one on Soi 16.
Having stayed at both I would recommend staying at the Soi 16 PP, however this is still a solid choice for being in the heart of down town sukumvit.
Overall, the location was awesome, very close to Asoke station, amenities, malls, restaurants and all the partying that can be had in this part of town. The rooms, gym and pool are nice enough, definitely 4 star, the concierge were helpful but the reception staff left a bit to be desired. When we arrived our agoda booking wasn't registered and we were charged 2000 baht holding deposit fee though we had paid all up front already. I understand the need for credit card details to be held as deposit but not for money to be extracted and then reimbursed one week later, which I'm hoping is the case as I write this. As a minor issue the walls were quite thin and so everything in the hallways can be heard inside the room, cleaners vacuuming in the morning etc.
In summary, good for the money, I would recommend both Park Plazas, if you want more access to the night life go to Soi 18 if you want more expensive option but more quiet and quality go Soi 16, but don't get me wrong both are good.

2 Thank Jack T
Dear Jack,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I stayed here in August with my boyfriend as we arrived in Bangkok and wanted a place to stay before heading to Chiang Mai early the next day.

Park Plaza was a quick journey from the airport and then a short walk from the mRT station.

The room was really spacious and clean and the bathroom as well.

There was free wifi and complimentary water on arrival.

We didn't really explore much of the local area as we were pretty jet lagged and then just went out for dinner and returned home, however it appeared to be quite centrally located.

In the morning it was also really lovely to go up to the roof and go in the pool. It was so lovely to be in such a hot, sweaty city but to be able to go in the pool, which was one of the main reasons we chose this hotel. I would definitely recommend doing the same if you are considering accommodation in BKK as it does get really sticky and humid.

Dear Jlous,

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was looking forward to staying at this hotel after reading the great reviews on this website. However, my experience staying at this hotel was far from pleasant. We arrived at the hotel at night after a long international flight. The moment our cab pulled up to the hotel, we noticed two hotel staff trying to hail a taxi for another hotel guest. Instead of being greeted and offered help with getting our luggage out, the male hotel staff in a suit was anxiously trying to get us out of the cab quickly so his other guest could hire our cab. This staff kept trying to rush us out and looked annoyed when we took an extra few minutes to sort out the Thai currency that we were not familiar with so we can pay the cab driver. Needless to say, we helped ourselves to the front desk to check in while both staff still stood outside with the other guest. After checking in, we realized they gave us a room that was a grade below what we paid for. We went back downstairs to express our concern and they offered to upgrade us to another room. This time a staff accompanied us to the new room only to tell us "if this is the room you want, you need to book it next time!" She then proceeded to leave. That left us flabbergasted because we never asked for an upgrade. She was the one who offered it. We only asked for the room that we initially booked. Unfortunate, the awful service didn't stop there. This hotel advertised daily turn down service which we never received. We were lucky if housekeeping even hung up the bath towels. We would return to our hotel a few times with a stack of towels on top of the sink that we ended up hanging ourselves. I love to travel the world and have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels. This hotel is by far one of the worst places I have ever stayed at. The staff are poorly trained and disrespectful. There are many options of excellent hotels in Bangkok and I truly regret wasting part of my vacation here. The whole experience was just aggravating and unpleasant.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank tnrll
Dear Tnrll,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. I was sorry to read about the details in the review, I have since been investigating in great detail with my team for preventive measures to eliminate a future re-occurrence of this.

Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 17 September 2013

While searching for a hotel for our last minute getaway to Bangkok, I stumbled across Park Plaza Soi 18 because of its price. The reviews from other travelers made it seem like it would have been a decent choice based on the photos, cleanliness, accessibility to the BTS, etc.

I'm happy we chose this hotel as we've had nothing but kind hospitality from the day we arrived. As we took an early flight from Singapore, we arrived at the hotel at about 10:30am, and we were given an early check in. This was excellent as we were able to freshen ourselves up and move about with our day instead of waiting around for check in at the usual 12-2pm.

Rooms were clean, spacious, bed and pillows were comfortable, pretty satisfied with the room - most importantly we managed to get this room for less than 100SGD per day, which was what we wanted. Every morning we were offered by the hotel employee (Pokky) to be dropped off at the main road by the hotel's tuk tuk. This was a kind gesture as we saved a bit of time walking down the road.

Overall, I am really satisfied with my stay at Park Plaza Soi 18, I would definitely head back again and recommend others to stay.

1 Thank Farah A
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Farah,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your kind review!