“Beautiful hotel, easy reachable”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #91 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

This is a beautifull hotel on a good location in Bangkok. From the airport you can take the skytrain to the Asok station. From there its only a short walk to the hotel. Staff is excellent and very helpfull! Rooms a big and comfertable. There's a nice pool on the roof! For a nice Thai local meal go to Suda, around the corner!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SvR1705
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear SvR1705,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,455)

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Good location, 10 Minutes walking from the Asok BTS Station. Less than 5 minutes from Sukhumvit Road.
Soi 18 is a quiet street, yes there are quiet streets in Bangkok.
Quick, efficient check in, less than 2 minutes. Smiles all over.
Modern hotel, new rooms, big quality beds, you will love the bed linen, bath robes, great shower, big flat TV, good technology, very good AC, darkening curtains. Helpful staff. Free fast, working internet.
Everything 100usd (not pre-paid but normal rate),
The bad ? Nothing
Watch out for ? the ants, yes ants, there are ants in the hotel as such don't leave sweets laying around. I assume the hotel will take extra care of this after reading my review.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Rybremnazoe,

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The staff is so friendly and helpful, everyone is smiling and ready to assist.

Our room was very clean and quiet throughout the night which was great after a 14 hour flight.

Breakfast was not included in the price of our room but we chose to try it on the first day. Although it was good, I would recommend walking down the soi and trying some hot soup or getting an iced coffee from the few vendors that are only a few steps away from the entrance of the hotel.

Location is central and it was perfect for exploring.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Rybremnazoe,

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Had a comfortable stay at this hotel, equipped with all the basic comforts that you need.

First, the positive:
- Staff are friendly, especially the bell boy
- Gym was small but clean. It has a treadmill, elliptical machine, bicycle and free weights.
- Very generous with their soap/shampoo etc. They gave new vanity kits everyday
- Loved their comfy bedroom slippers
- Panasonic hairdryer! Yay for good hair everyday. At least it wasn't some brandless hair dryer that could fry your hair
- Family Mart located a 5 min walk from the hotel. Lots of small roadside stalls located near the hotel
- Convenient location with connections to both the MRT / BTS
- Loved the fact that the gym & pool closes at 11pm everyday, unlike some other hotels that close theirs at 9pm.
- Simple address to remember - Sukhumvit Soi 18. Very easy to get cabs to travel to this location. No struggle with hard-to-pronounce road names
- Housekeeping/room service was prompt. Asked for a fruit knife and plates, which they provided in 3 minutes.. WOW
- Room smells good and clean all the time. I want to know what air freshener they use, cos I love it.

My gripes:
- The location. While it's located an easy 10 minute walk from the MRT/BTS station, I just hated the fact that I had to walk more after a long day of walking (Especially when you're carrying heavy shopping bags!). The hotel is located in the Sukhumvit area, so traffic jams are the norm. It took us more than 1.5 hrs to get to the airport on our last day. Just something to take note of.

- The bed & pillows are too soft for me. No firmer pillows available to cater to people with bad backs

- Jacuzzi water was a little dirty and cold, but water pressure was good.

- Room was too dim. It was hard to put make up on. Please bring your own portable mirror

- Gym was a little small with only one treadmill.

- Walls are pretty thin and I can hear doors slamming / people talking

- There was some confusion with the door knob at the beginning. I suggest that the hotel put a small note on the door to tell people to push to enter.. Cos i was furiously trying to turn the knob to open the door but it just wouldn't budge.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank paperdoll86

Dear Terramarrie,

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Exactly what you need for Bangkok: a nice mid-sized city hotel, clean and conveniently located near the metro. And not any metro station, but one where you can access both MRT and BTS, this WILL make a difference when you’ll come to roam around the city.

Everything you will need is within walking distance: taxi, motor bike taxi, tuc tuc, massage, shopping mall, fast food, Thai street food, small neighborhood restaurant, bank, convenient store, pharmacy, cafeteria, bar, club, Lexus dealer, you name it – it’s there.

Staff is smiley, friendly and helpful; I even got lent an umbrella twice to walk my way to the metro into the rain. Breakfast was good as well if you‘re an early riser. First day I had noisy neighbors (which has nothing to do with the hotel itself of course), but the thin drywalls were not much of a help to be honest. And it’s impossible to close the door of your room without slamming it, I felt terrible every time I had to do that – please sort it somehow. Seriously, apart from these there was absolutely nothing wrong. And I must mention the super-fast check in and check out as well.

2013 tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence? Well, there must be a good reason for that.

Stayed 15-18/10/2013.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Panark,

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Stayed at the park plaza for 5 nights, excellent breakfast and evening meal special!! Lighting was a little too dim and lack of mirrors and power points. Lovely little lap pool on the roof, friendly and helpful staff overall an excellent enjoyable stay

• Stayed: September 2013
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Michelle,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your kind comments! :)

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Spent a perfect week at another home-away-from-home at this immaculate 4-star Bangkok Hotel. If you're like me, and prefer quiet, boutique hotels, rather than stadium sized buildings, connected to the action, this is the place for you. Around the corner from my other home, the Park Plaza in soi 16, this Carlson property sits on a tree lined street in upscale soi 18. Both are just steps away from the Asok station, where the BTS Skytrain, and MRT underground connect.

The service was outstanding, the food expertly prepared and presented, and of course, quality bed and linens, as expected. What I enjoyed the most was poolside. Open from 6AM-11:00PM, 2-4-1 drinks are offered daily from 5:30-7:30. Techno music at a comfortable level, and twinkling lights on one side the pool, add just the right amount of charm and ambiance, to a magnificent view of the city at night. The rooftop pool area is also a great spot for reading the newspaper while sipping and extra cup of morning coffee.
A nice benefit is as a Carlson Club member, points accumulate after each stay, which you can apply to future reservations to any Carlson property - in any part of the world. Carlson (in Minnesota) recently opened a 5-star+ Radisson, not far away, in soi 13, and I see is building yet another 5-star Radisson within walking distance of each other. They've got the neighborhood covered, which is a good thing, if you like switching hotels to change the view. You've got plenty of options if the Carlson hotel of your choice is booked, which is how and why I found myself here at the Park Plaz in soi 18.

The other day, I found myself walking by the Park Plaza in soi 16, on my way to Benjesiri Park and couldn't resist stopping in. Not only was I welcomed when I walked in the door, but again, they remembered my name... I guess we've been making quite an impression on each other since they opened in 2008. Thanks Park Plaza in soi 18, for a great stay and exceeding my expectations.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Pricelez,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! :)