“Excellent hotel with fantastic staff very good location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #77 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Wiltshire uk
“Excellent hotel with fantastic staff very good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Have stayed at this hotel about six times now,and would not stay anywhere else in bangkok,the rooms are spotless! Everything you need is in your room,all staff excellent and very very helpful,the service you recieve from them is amazing!good location short walk to sky train but hotel tuk tuk is always available,very quiet rooms and only short walk to great shopping and night life.
Breakfast is excellent with very large range of food,we have stayed in many hotels in thailand over the last 12 years yet this is the only hotel that offers Cumberland sausage for breakfast!!
Our stay was so good we have booked a return stay for one month in December although we may well extend that,our thanks to peter the manger for all his help and also giant who we could not do without. I would highly recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: Club floor excellent value for money!!
1 Thank IvorWiltshireuk
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Ivor,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in a deluxe room on the 6th floor. Hotel is on a side street off the main road, so it is a very pleasant and quiet stay. Check-in and check-out reasonably fast, as we avoided the weekend. The lobby looks good, with plush sofas and good lighting.
There is not much of a view, our window faces the next building, so we had the thick drapes closed at all times. Room size is comfortable for the both of us. However if you need an extra bed for a third person, room can be too cramped.
Usual amenities available - large flat screen TV with a few English channels (the rest are all in Thai), DVD player, work table, mini bar, complimentary sachets of coffee and tea.

Strong water pressure in the shower, however you'll need to turn the shower on for at least a minute to get hot water. The wait is worth it though, hot water from the rain shower head melts away tiredness from a full day of exploring Bangkok.
If that does not do the trick, the awesome bed will. It is soooo comfortable, I actually look forward to bedtime! They do not have different pillows for you to choose from though, maybe they should look into providing this option.

There is a simple gym on level 8. Under utilized. Looks out to the roof-top pool, a pleasant place to chill with a drink and book in hand.

Outside, there are many massage shops, and cheap too. BHT200 for a one hour Thai massage. We also tried the foot massage after a long day of exploring Bangkok on foot, but that did nothing for our tired limbs. The next morning we went for the Thai massage and that did wonders for us. A word of caution though, Thai massage is not for everyone. Brace yourselves for some yoga-like moves as they pummel your body and knead away the aches. I recommend two shops on the block next to the hotel - Yardpet and SAS. The masseurs actively look for knots to rub away!

The nearest BTS station is Asok, around 400m away which can be a bit of a distance for those with problems walking. However, one can ask the concierge to arrange for the hotel tuk-tuk to the end of the street, and then catch a taxi. Taxis are inexpensive, but traffic can be rather heavy during peak hours. I'd suggest the BTS and MRT - fast and efficient. There are taxis parked outside the hotel at all times, but they do not go by meter. Ask for help from the concierge if you need a metered taxi.

All in all, Park Plaza Soi 18 was a good choice for us.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pauline_cyw
Dear Pauline,

Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I love this place. I am always blown away by the absolute professionalism and service from the staff at Park Plaza. I have stayed here in the past and this hotel continues to impress. I usually stay at other local hotels that have great rooms and ammenities for cheaper rates but with my wife coming over I did not want her to see the seedy side of the city with the travellers bringing down their nightly conquests to the breakfast buffet. That does not seem to be as present in this hotel. Love the location, love the rooms, love the 24 hour restaurant, the pool lacks compared to others close by but again, the service is always the best I get in Thailand and for value, this hotel is hard to beat.

1 Thank runkdaddy
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Runkdaddy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor! I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I spent 4 nights at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 and found it to be a great choice for several reasons.

Firstly, the location is very convenient. It's only a few minutes walk to Terminal 21, BTS and MRT. Being close to the trains is important in many cities and Bangkok is certainly no different. There are plenty of places to eat nearby with a wide variety of cuisine's on offer.

The room itself was a good size and very clean and modern. The only thing that let it down, albeit a very minor thing, was some of the towels were old and fraying a bit but that didn't detract from an otherwise excellent hotel room.

Breakfast was quite good with plenty of variety and staff were friendly and accommodating.

I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone staying in Bangkok. Great value for money!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get a Club room. it gives you the option of breakfast in your room (which is...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank NUFCadl
Dear Phil,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend at the beginning of our Thailand trip. I would say this is one of the best value hotels in Bangkok! For the list price and how nice the rooms were, it's pretty unbeatable in terms of value. The hotels i located on a small street just off a main street in the Sukhumvit area. It was nice as this gave it more of a local feel.

It is very conveniently located to both a BTS and MRT station - Asoke and Sukhumvit stops. The walk to the stations is less than 10 minutes. It is also close to Terminal 21 mall and Soi Cowboy. As Bangkok is so big, being close to a train station is key! The fact that this hotel is close both lines of skytrains is a bonus.

Would definitely stay at this hotel again!

Dear Kaitlyn,

Point Lonsdale, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

First dont confuse with others by similar name, this hotel is in Soi 18 Sukhumvit.
Good size clean rooms with usual facilities incl pool at level 8, good restaurant "Mezza" (unfortunately under used by guests but it is reasonably priced (expect $20 for meal and drinks per person), helpful reception plus sandwich drink bar. Why go anywhere else it is 200m from sky rail (Asok) walk to Emporium....all you need from a hotel base. No views from rooms would be only downside.

Room Tip: Expect all rooms ok but higher up reduces any noise (if any) plus pool is on level 8 (can dine at po...
1 Thank jwd140447
Dear Jwd,

KUWAIT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Had a comfortable stay at this hotel, equipped with all the basic comforts that you need.
- Staff are friendly, especially the bell boy
- Gym was small but clean. It has a treadmill, elliptical machine, bicycle and free weights.
- Family Mart located a 5 min walk from the hotel. Lots of small roadside stalls located near the hotel
- Convenient location with connections to both the MRT / BTS
- Loved the fact that the gym & pool closes at 11pm everyday, unlike some other hotels that close theirs at 9pm.
- Simple address to remember - Sukhumvit Soi 18. Very easy to get cabs to travel to this location. No struggle with hard-to-pronounce road names
- Housekeeping/room service was prompt. Asked for a fruit knife and plates, which they provided in 3 minutes.. WOW
- Room smells good and clean all the time. I want to know what air freshener they use, cos I love it.
- The location. While it's located an easy 10 minute walk from the MRT/BTS station, I just hated the fact that I had to walk more after a long day of walking (Especially when you're carrying heavy shopping bags!). The hotel is located in the Sukhumvit area, so traffic jams are the norm. It took us more than 1.5 hrs to get to the airport on our last day. Just something to take note of.

- The bed & pillows are too soft for me. No firmer pillows available to cater to people with bad backs

- Jacuzzi water was a little dirty and cold, but water pressure was good.

- Room was too dim. It was hard to put make up on. Please bring your own portable mirror

- Gym was a little small with only one treadmill.

- Walls are pretty thin and I can hear doors slamming / people talking

- There was some confusion with the door knob at the beginning. I suggest that the hotel put a small note on the door to tell people to push to enter.. Cos i was furiously trying to turn the knob to open the door but it just wouldn't budge.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo