“Great hotel in handy location”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #82 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel in handy location”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was our first ever stay in Bangkok and didn't have a clue but really pleased with our selection! The staff were helpful - the only issue we experienced was on check in when we were placed in a smoking room. We weren't asked for our preference and as soon as we walked in we knew we wouldn't last as it stank! But we asked if they had another room and they quickly moved us and from there it was much better. Very clean, amazingly comfy beds. The rooftop pool and bar were a great place to chill out in the late afternoon with a beer. There are several good foot massage shops on the road, and it's a short walk to the SkyTrain which we found super easy to get around. The local area itself was more cosmopolitan and not a huge amount of interesting things to just walk around, but I hear there are several good restaurants and bars if you know where to go. Soi Cowboy is close which me and my boyfriend walked up for a laugh. We were left alone but I'm sure it would be a good grounds for people watching! Would stay there again for sure. I was also impressed that they emailed a survey which I filled in when I got home, and then received and email acknowledge the feedback I had given (eg the smoking room) from the general manager - good to know it's being read!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Kriggers,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Very well located. Very well appointed and run by very friendly and helpful people. The rooms, pool, and restaurant are fantastic and all at a reasonable price. I will be staying here again. No need to look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Willaim S
Dear William,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We only stayed one night before our flight back to London, it was great. The room is spacious, nice and clean. You really are getting great value for money. Location is nice about a 7 minute walk to Asok BTS. Shower was good can't really comment on breakfast as we didn't have any. Staff are friendly and overall the hotel is a nice place to stay in Bangkok. I would recommend this hotel to stay in and I will be coming back at some point.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Devmetha,

BC Canada
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff.
Good location with east access to Transit.
Lot's of European and North American food ( and Thai food) restaurants in the area.
Nice morning breakfast buffet with pleasant staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Henry I
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Henry,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Loving it! The place was good. I enjoyed staying here. The room was nice so do the staff. Hotel tuk tuk also available for guest to neaby places with free service. Keep up the good service! Come and visit you next time.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank nadira3
Dear Nadira,

Morecambe, England
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here from the 10th to the 13th November 2013.

Have to say that this hotel ticks every box for a Bangkok stay - great location (near the sky train which gets you around Bangkok and a good experience in itself), fantastic helpful and friendly staff, beautiful rooms, great roof pool and bar.

The reception staff were such a great help, providing great location advice and how to get to places.

10/10 is my rating for this great hotel - you will not be disappointed !

Thank you all at the Park Plaza Soi 18 Bangkok Hotel for an amazing stay ! x

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gazwa
Dear Gazwa,

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I (both working Canadian interior designers) stayed here for 4 nights and found the design modern, well kept and clean. We got upgraded without charge to an executive suite due to unavailable deluxe room. We did our pen test on the bed sheets to see if they would change them daily and they passed. Pool was very clean, relaxing and a great place to beat the extreme city heat. We asked for late check out and they gave us an extra hour free of charge. Service was good. Overall for our dollars worth this place exceeds all our expectations. I would recommend this place to my closest friends.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple