“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #81 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We stayed here in mid-November and were very impressed with the hotel. Everything about it was excellent and I highly recommend it.

It is on a quiet Soi and feels very secluded from the hustle of Bangkok. Despite feeling tucked away it is still only a short walk to the bars.

1 Thank J0nathan85
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Jonathan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have to admit, there are not so many hotels that can impress me on the first moment, but this one is defiantly the one. If you are looking for hotel in the Sukhumvit area take that one as the quality, cleanness, politeness and professional approach is the fundament of their daily operations.
Since arrival, I felt I was expected to come - my reservation was ready and all details confirmed and explained. Staff speaks very well English, what I have experienced later on in other hotel could be a challenge.
Rooms are large and very modern. Cannot complain for anything as room was spotless and daily housekeeping service was done on 5* level.
Don’t lose the opportunity to visit roof top swimmingpool with the bar. Great place to relax and enjoy great drinks.
Breakfast seems to be nice combination of European and Thai dishes, so everyone will find their favorite things to start the day. Breakfast coffee - high quality - service staff also on the highest level - fast and efficient.
Feel free to use concierge service to buy any of the local trips and taxi - service there is also on the high level - staff is really taking care that you will get what you paid for. Cost are not more than 10% more expensive that on the Travel Agency on the Sukhumvit str. - but it’s worth to pay more if you know that some cares.
This hotel is MANAGED and its feeling that you will have from arrival until departure - and this is really great feeling.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lauder T
Dear Lauder,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your great kind response!

Subang Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Had few visits to Bangkok over the past year or so... had the pleasure of residing twice in Park Plaza Soi 18... truly a commendable hotel... location is strategic... area is quiet... rooms are remarkably equipped for both business and pleasure... front desk was helpful... supportive staff very polite, humble and helpful... everything is just peachy...

Will be looking forward to stay again if I ever were to drop by Bangkok again... till then, keep up the work folks!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JeffreyFong
Dear Jeffrey,

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This was my first visit to Bangkok and you try to find the best accommodation to suit your needs. The Park Plaza Soi 18 certainly does that.I booked in for 3 nights from the 18th November 2013. The location is great, 5 minutes walk to Central 21, Soi Cowboy and the train station. When you arrive at the Park Plaza you are met by a warm welcome from the concierge and the reception staff and are instantly given a cool and refreshing drink whilst checking in. I stayed in a standard king and the facilities are brilliant, complimentary robes & slippers, loads of plug sockets for us girls! The wet room is fab with a stool in the shower! I had breakfast and the choice is endless with western and Asian cuisine. I did not use the rooftop pool but took a sneaky peak as I work in the travel industry. Fab double padded sun loungers, nice pool and Jacuzzi to relax in. The wifi is also brilliant. Right next to the hotel is a great bar serving reasonably priced drinks & food. You can get a very relaxing foot massage for 200 baht for an hour just up from the hotel (definitely recommend at least once visit) Bangkok is dirty, crazy and hot but you would not want it any other way it's a fantastic city and I will definitely be back and my choice of hotel would be the Park Plaza. Taxi from the airport 450 Bart and you can easily get either a tuk tuk or taxi to siam square, patpong for anything between 100/200 baht dependant on your bartering skills! Enjoy your stay in Bangkok and experience everything the city has to offer I know we did. (Heather & Norry - Couple travelled aged 43/44yrs)

Room Tip: The upgraded rooms seem very good value if you are planning to stop in the hotel for a number of nig...
1 Thank Hev70
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Hev,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

This was our first ever stay in Bangkok and didn't have a clue but really pleased with our selection! The staff were helpful - the only issue we experienced was on check in when we were placed in a smoking room. We weren't asked for our preference and as soon as we walked in we knew we wouldn't last as it stank! But we asked if they had another room and they quickly moved us and from there it was much better. Very clean, amazingly comfy beds. The rooftop pool and bar were a great place to chill out in the late afternoon with a beer. There are several good foot massage shops on the road, and it's a short walk to the SkyTrain which we found super easy to get around. The local area itself was more cosmopolitan and not a huge amount of interesting things to just walk around, but I hear there are several good restaurants and bars if you know where to go. Soi Cowboy is close which me and my boyfriend walked up for a laugh. We were left alone but I'm sure it would be a good grounds for people watching! Would stay there again for sure. I was also impressed that they emailed a survey which I filled in when I got home, and then received and email acknowledge the feedback I had given (eg the smoking room) from the general manager - good to know it's being read!

Dear Kriggers,

Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Very well located. Very well appointed and run by very friendly and helpful people. The rooms, pool, and restaurant are fantastic and all at a reasonable price. I will be staying here again. No need to look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Willaim S
Dear William,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We only stayed one night before our flight back to London, it was great. The room is spacious, nice and clean. You really are getting great value for money. Location is nice about a 7 minute walk to Asok BTS. Shower was good can't really comment on breakfast as we didn't have any. Staff are friendly and overall the hotel is a nice place to stay in Bangkok. I would recommend this hotel to stay in and I will be coming back at some point.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends