“Nice Hotel for business or family trip”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #82 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
New Delhi, India
“Nice Hotel for business or family trip”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Its not a high end luxury, but no less. Small but nice lobby wonderful friendly staff, rooms are really good even food I ordered was good. Very good verity in breakfast, although I didn't tried lunch and dinner but hope same quality and quantity as well.

One draw back which I felt - No view form the room. at least the room wherein I stayed was facing some apartment, so any one visiting must ask before. Its well connected with skyrail, nearest stop is Asok which is in a five minutes walking distance from the hotel.

In case some Indians would like to have Indian food there is one Indian restaurant outside the hotel by the name of Pakwan, they serve authenticate Indian cuisine. Nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Do ask for a better view prior to check in.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Abhijeet,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The hotel was very nice...it had nice contemporary interiors...the locality was decent enough...it had two metro stations nearby making convenient for local travel...avoid roads in Bangkok...you will find huge jams during peak hours....the breakfast was very good...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Vikky,

Simi Valley, California
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

I took my wife to Thailand because I love the country, culture, food and especially the people. I wanted my wife's experience to be unforgettable so it started with our stay in Bangkok. We arrived late at night in Bangkok Intl Airport after traveling for more than 25 hours. After finally arriving to our hotel at almost 3am we were exhausted. We were greeted like Royalty. What can I say, the staff at the Park Plaza from the moment we stepped foot inside to the moment we departed were fabulous. Very friendly and super hospitable. The room was very spacious and it had a great view of the city. They pay great attention to detail in the rooms. Slippers to wear, clean towels, clean toilets and sink. What can I say? I was really really happy with the cleanliness of our room and the service we received. The breakfast was unbelievable!!!!! It had your mixes of different breads, omelette station, mixed juices section, meats (salamis, rare meats), cheese sections, etc. Very complete and very satisfying. The coffee was incredible. If the coffee isn't right, it's tough to start my day with a nice jolt. Thanks for the great coffee Park Plaza. My wife loved this place as well. It's centrally located by the Metro. We used it to travel to the Grand Palace and also to the back to the airport to the exotic islands Thailand has to offer. All in all we will definitely be back to Thailand and will definitely come back to the Park Plaza! Thank you staff for making us feel welcomed and for treating us the best! Thanks again for an awesome honeymoon experience and for taking good care of us. I highly recommend the Park Plaza as it is centrally located (only about 50 yards if that from the metro/subway, staff is super, rooms very clean and modern, breakfast is definitely a plus!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alex S
Vikbolandet
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Been here once before in 2012, this is really i little gem. Just 5 minutes walk from BTS Asoke and so calm and peaceful.

Lovely staff, well cleaned and tidy. Breakfast is good and fresh.

Priceworthy!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Unicorn,

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days on my fifth trip to Thailand.

Location - 100 m inside Soi 18 on Sukhumvit ensures that there is no traffic noise. The hotel is within a 7 min walk from Asoke BTS station. There is a Family Mart down the corner and restaurants of all cuisine within a 10 min walk. All in all a great location. Because it is on the inside the view from the rooms isnt great but honestly thats something I can live with. The rooms were fairly big with clean linen and decent facilities and an easy to operate safe.

Decor & Rooms - The rooms were great and the decor was standard. It seems like a business hotel but I saw mostly leisure travelers. They have a lot of upgrade and breakfast options available at the hotel for much cheaper than what you would pay for it online. Discovered it by accident and took an upgrade. Makes so much sense to book the basic fare in the basic room and then go and look for an upgrade. Of course the same is dependent on availability

Service - The staff was great. A special call out to the two guys at the door. They were extremely helpful in figuring out how to get to places. The staff in the coffee shop was very courteous and warm as well

Food - Breakfast was the only meal we had here and it was par for the course. The menu was fairly standard but their butter croissants and banana bread was great

Would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for work or leisure.

Room Tip: Book the basic room and go there and look for an upgrade from their wide variety of room upgrade and...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karanbhagi
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Karan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for such nice detailed specifics on your recent stay!

Bedlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Booked a Far East tour through Escape Worldwide which included a four day stay at the Park Plaza Hotel in Bangkok. This is a really clean hotel in convenient location near the BTS and terminal 21. The rooms at this hotel are spotlessly clean with modern bathrooms. The staff are very helpful, very friendly and extremely well mannered. The breakfasts are absolutely great. It was a bonus having a swimming pool with happy hour every night.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 March 2014

great location, sky rail only two minutes away jump on and central to shopping, MBK etc, Hotel itself very friendly people, rooms are great (roomy) cleaned everyday. service was very pleasant. Mezza was good food great, breakfast supplied was very pleasing lots of choice. All in all I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear John,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for kindly commenting on our main restaurant Mezza!