“Park plaza 2nd time 100% with everything!!”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #84 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Park plaza 2nd time 100% with everything!!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Mr A, jian, koko, poko fantastic people and are seen as friends. The hospitality and service is seen to be 110% all the time without fail. These people along with the reception staff to the cleaners are a credit to park plaza company. We will definitely be back for the 3rd time!.

Bandish

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Bandish,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

reservations.bangkoksoi18@parkplaza.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed at the hotel for ten days Feb 27/March9 2014 the hotel staff will go far and beyond to make your stay a memorable one.,
We went for the executive floor about $100.0 USD ++ a day and we found the room to be over rated no bath tub and the shower took for ever to get hot water then it was impossible to get the water temperature to stay at a comfortable temperature constantly had to make very minor adjustments while taking a shower if not the water would come cold or hot. Also the room temperature was cold we set the thermostat at 25*C and we were very cold so I had to wake up and turn it off then when it got hot wake up and turn it on every night.
We brought it to the managers attention and immediately move us to an other room at the same level this one had a bath tub great !!! NOT it took for ever more that 35 min to fill the tub( no water pressure with small GPM rate) and again the temperature control was not there you select the valve to the right temperature brush your teeth and again check your water it was cold or hot so you practically had to stay there (30min) to monitor the temperature., the shower was awesome but same problem you have set the temperature constantly with the danger of getting burn or very cold shower.
Our very small refrigerator fail to maintain a cold temperature and all the fresh milk and fresh juices we had went BAD oh well they immediately came and look at it but I ask them a few times to change the fridge but the new fridge could not keep a cold temperature., So we ask for lots of ice a few times a day a bucket and kept our milk,juices ice cold ..... Yes we survive our stay at the executive level, by the way we tried the pool was OK and the " jacuzzi of course water not hot WE had to ask THE STAFF to turn the water jets on" I have been in Thailand many times next time we will try to choose an other hotel. All that I have written personally was brought to the managers attention now you have it in writing....

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Felix A
Dear Felix,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

You may have received by now my email directly to you outlining some of the details. Thank you soo much and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance at all.

Brisbane
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Located centrally the hotel is like an oasis with great facilities, pool, bars etc plus spacious reasonable rooms. The staff are very obliging and helpful in all areas.
We have stayed there six times in recent years and it always projects a home away from home feeling. It's a very safe environment.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear David,

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The staff at this Hotel is the Primary Reason that it gets its' high Ranking. They go above and beyond to make sure that every Guest is helped for any of their needs.

Rooms are very Modern with a Thai Flair to them. The desk Set-up in the room is very convenient for computer work, And, the internet is one of the Fasted I have found in Thailand.

They are VERY accommodating at allowing you to stay in the room later than the normal check-out, if running bit late.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Scottsacto
Dear Scott,

Monaco-Ville, Monaco
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for 3 nights and really don't have much to complain about. The only minus was our room faced the street and it had some noise.

Personell at the hotel was extremely polite and friendly. We left the hotel with a big smile on our lips.

Also we had some change of plans during our stay and the reception helped us extend stay and checkout earlier than planned without any problems.

Rooms are spacious and modern.

Located just next to a BTS Station and close to shopping mall with cinema and restaurants for the price you really get luxury for good value.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear O B,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I couldn't sneak into this place if I wanted to. Every time I approached (no matter the time), someone was there to open the door for me and someone behind the desk would quickly greet me w/ a smile. One of the security guards in particular would always see me off with a salute - which always picked my spirits.

The room was very nice with a beautiful glass shower that overlooked the king sized bed.

Couldn't have asked for more, really. My only scary moment was less than a block down where there were some crazy dogs late at night blocking my path to the hotel. I, stupidly, ran past them after I didn't think they'd back down, and thankfully I got away.

The location in general, is really convenient as its a short walk from Soi Cowboy and right next to a metro station.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Steve,

Maputo, Mozambique
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We will definitely stay here again! Stayed on the park plaza floor. The room and bathroom was spacious enough. The lobby small but you do not need much more. The breakfast was adequate. The nicest thing about this hotel is it is situated down a quiet street. The rooms are very very quiet at night!
The rooftop pool and bar is simply lovely. The drinks served here did not impress me, it tasted of a not so great quality but nevertheless the setting was good.
We probably will not take the Club benefits again, we almost never had time to enjoy any of it as we explored the city every day and night! The Club floor was very nice and quiet though so might just take Club benefits just for that!
The staff were efficient, had a good command of English, super friendly and extremely helpful!
Thank you so much for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Beingalive,