“Modern & Convenient”

Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
Ranked #85 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The skytrain is walking distance to the hotel. The room itself is very clean and modern, and the staffs are very friendly. Minus one star review because the lobby constantly has a strong perfume smell.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Joyce,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor!

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit) and have shared these with my team. It is always a pleasure to receive a positive review, which will serve as an encouragement to all our Associates as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you, your family or friend to the Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18 (Sukhumvit)!

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed twice in the last couple of weeks and again have been made to feel most welcome.Soi 18 is a super location with everything on the doorstep which was very good as there was a curfew on our second stay. All the staff is as friendly and helpful as ever AND they have a sense of humour which always goes down well with me. I forgot my dkny handbag in the safe last september and they kept it for me all these months which i am very grateful for. The breakfast buffet is great value and the food is fresh, lots of yummy fruit on offer. I use the pool 2 or 3 times a day and it's a great place to unwind. it's lovely after 4 pm where the sun is lower as the area get shaded so you can cool down. We really can't fault the park plaza and that's why we keep coming!

Dear Nathalie,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

As others have said, this hotel has a great location with a less than five minute walk to the Asok Sky Train & Sukhamvit MTA stations and the attached Terminal 21 mall. The rooms are quite nice, very clean and modern. We did not eat in the hotel: Terminal 21 has some great restaurants and the excellent Long Table upscale restaurant is also a few minutes walk across the way. If you like street food there is a great morning noodle cart (with tables and seats) just across the way as well. Wifi worked very well and the service was excellent. The one negative we found was that the small fitness center was not air onditioned and so was unusable in the heat.

Dear Daryl,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is a very good hotel and the staff are excellent. The rooms are pleasant and well thought out in design. Rooms are well equipped with all basic amenities that you need and the internet works like a charm in the room! We ordered room service as well and the food came quick and was hot. Park Plaza has nice Lobby area and very good restaurant.

If you want to stay in this particular area, but don't want to spend a fortune I would pick the Part Plaza...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NPRW2210
Parkplaza B, General Manager at Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear NPRW,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us on TripAdvisor and for your kind comments in relation to our wifi connectivity and restaurant food! :)

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Most of the reception staff in this hotel are quite dour and do not often smile, when we checked in our card didn't work and the receptionist said it was possibly their machine but did nothing about it so we paid in cash.

This is the only negative thing we can say. The young man who carried our cases to our room, was super helpful and stayed around to ensure we could get onto the internet. The hotel was clean and well maintained and is excellent value for money.

The pool is great and nice to swim at night. The gym used by my husband was very good, but there is only one running machine.

Room service was very good and quick

Laundry is expensive, we used a local one in the street.

The door staff were excellent always very helpful.

We would definitely stay here again

Dear Steven,

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Have recently stayed here again for a couple of weeks,taking a couple of family members with us.
We have been staying at this hotel when we are in bangkok since it opened,and standards have certainly not slipped!! It is a very well managed hotel,very very clean and comfortable and everything works as it should,food is excellent and all staff!!! Are so helpful and friendly it is a pleasure to stay there!, my husband had a birthday while we were staying with them,they made sure it was a special day for him! The head concierge Giant is fantastic!! So helpful and nothing is too much trouble at all for him!.
We will be back!!!! Thank you to all staff for looking after us so well again!!!!.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IvorWiltshireuk

Dear Ivor,

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel over 18months ago and were pleasantly surprised when the staff remembered us after all this time. The efficient and friendly service hasn't changed and the rooms remain very clean and the bed/linen very comfortable. The pool on the upper level was refreshing during last weeks hot weather in Bangkok, especially after a day of shopping and catching up with fiends. I will stay here again on my next trip to Thailand.

Room Tip: The corner suites are excellent. Large with good natural light.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business