“Bueno!”

Grossi trattoria and Wine Bar
Ranked #1,593 of 10,836 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Grossi Trattoria and Wine Bar is positioned as the first internationally branded Italian restaurant in Bangkok. Guy Grossi, renowned in Australia as top restaurateur, author and celebrity chef has partnered with InterContinental Bangkok to bring his own innovative restaurant concept to town. This will mean one of a kind cuisine for those in the know about true trattoria style Italian dining complemented by extensive wine list from the world renowned wine making regions in Italy.
New York City, New York
“Bueno!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great food and good wine selection! Service was attentive and the courses were brought out in a timely fashion.

Visited June 2014

• Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Elegant restaurant with excellent food”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

An Italian trattoria in the Intercontinental Hotel in Bangkok. Excellent food and service - a bit pricey for Bangkok but no more than the standard 5 star hotel restaurant and great value for money.

Had a bit of trouble getting a menu at first, but once that was resolved service was attentive and efficient. I had gnocchi with asparagus (two kinds) and crispy pancetta, which was absolutely delightful, along with a glass of red wine. Profiterolles for dessert were quite nice, although a little bready to my taste - but perhaps not to others.

Meal cost about US$50.

“The food tastes great”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Great service, great food and awesome atmosphere.
Location: very great, in the center of Bangkok.
Food: The spicy pasta with crab is the most recommendation for main course. For dessert, don't miss Vanilla Panacotta with mixed berries, so yummy.

Melbourne, Australia
“Some good, some bad”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Grossi is a restaurant with a lot of style - it jumps at you as you walk down the elegant staircase or if you walk in off the street. It is truly Italian and emulates many of the fine features that Grossi offers at sister restaurants in Melbourne, Australia.

It is a serene change from the bustle that is Bangkok.

But in the end, you go to a restaurant to eat and Grossi probably can do a bit better.

I ordered a seafood soup. It was already late so a light meal was in order. My son ordered a chicken breast with mash and more. The waiter said that the chicken would take 20 minutes. My soup came fairly promptly. I enjoyed it. It was a clear soup with prawns, sea bass, calamari and more. I did remark to my son that it was odd that we were being served separately but as I did not want the soup to get cold, I ate it. Approx 30 minutes after ordering, we called the waiter over to see what had happened to the chicken. Had the order been overlooked? After a quick check with the chicken we were given an apology and about 5 minutes later, the chicken was brought to my son. It was not as if the place was full. It was maybe 50% full. It appeared to simply be a stuff-up. And it spoilt our appreciation of the restaurant, even though the woman in charge was truly apologetic.

Would I go back? Despite the service let-down, yes, I would return. I would give Grossi another try because I know that in Melbourne they do offer good food and good service and that the long delay this time was not intentional.

1 Thank Nathan1000
Grenaa, Denmark
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Mojito”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Grossi is a fantastic Restaurant in Intercontinental Bangkok. Immediately when you enter the restaurant you are received by the very staff with big smiles. I was there in february also, and to my big surprise, they recognized me instantly. Professional indeed!
Last time i had really good italien food, but honestly what really brought me back was the Mojito, because it was so good, and i have been thinking of again and again. I know i sounds like an alcoholic, but actually i am nearly the opposite, BUT i know when things are GOOD!
This time i brought my travel friend and i have bragged a lot about this special drink.
The Mojito was made by the beautiful miss Aunyarat, who with care and supreme skills made the Mojito, and we both agreed that this must be the BEST MOJITO ever..
Fellow travelers try, its really worth it!!!!