“Excellent location and lovely staff”
Review of AETAS lumpini

Ranked #51 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We booked blind and really only picked this hotel because it was close to transport and the city. However, our stay was excellent and we will definitely stay here again if we return to Bangkok. We were on holiday, and although this hotel is advertised as a business venue it had everything we needed (we were a couple with no children - other than the pool there is really no entertainment for children). It's a lovely place, very we'll maintained, facilities including the pool were great. The room was spacious and well equipped. Air con was very effective and essential, but it took a night to get used to the volume of the fan. Not a problem though. The staff went out of their way to help us and make us feel welcome. Our price included the breakfast buffet which was superb. Excellent variety, fresh, and tasty. The hotel literally is 2 mins walk to the train station which connects to other services. It's also only one stop to Silom road which is the closest supermarket. Really very impressed.

Room Tip: Great view from the higher floors, 15+
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaW1000
TheAETASManagement, Director of Rooms at AETAS lumpini, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Value Guest LisaW1000,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great things about our hotel and service here at AETAS lumpini which we have shared your wonderful remarks with our team members and the management.

We are happy that our hotel and staff met all your needs during your stay.It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we value your review greatly as it is a true reflection of our performance.

We look forward to have another opportunity to welcome you back at AETAS lumpini in the nearest of future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Very good location about 100m from MRT and after 1 station there is connection to BTS.Taxis are not hard to find but you can go everywhere using the mrt-bts (including airports) saving time actually as traffic is heavy in BKK.
Staff very polite and helpful always is willing to assist with a smile.Fast CI/CO.
Rooms are very clean and spacious with everything working.Wifi is fast and free.
Didn’t try breakfast but everyday had room service and I can say food is excellent. Try it.

Great place with great people.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
TheAETASManagement, Director of Rooms at AETAS lumpini, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Value Guest Akis V,

It has been our great pleasure to welcome you at AETAS lumpini and thank you for sharing your feelings about your stay with us.

We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel and we are truly happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that. This will certainly motivate us to keep up the good work.

We hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back at AETAS lumpini in the nearest of future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My experience exceeded my expectations! Everything about this hotel was outstanding (e.g. cleanliness, service, staff members, room, facilities, food, drinks, professionalism, efficiency, kindness, etc.).

The hotel is steps away from Bangkok's clean and efficient subway system. The location is excellent (one station away from Silom/Sky train).

I am a professional in the field of hospitality and tourism and I highly recommend Aetas Lumpini!

Thanks Aetas Lumpini for making my stay in Bangkok a memorable one!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank WorldTravelerEB
TheAETASManagement, Director of Rooms at AETAS lumpini, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Value Guest WorldTravelerEB,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and sharing your experience with us at AETAS lumpini.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your visit. At AETAS lumpini, we aimed to provide the best possible accommodation to our guests.

We thank you very much for your patronage and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed for 3 nights for this hotel, reason try to stay far from town area due to martial law implement during my visit with my family. Hotel lobby is nice and easy to locate. Check In is fast and bellman assist us and always greeting with us. The room was spacious and clean. I love their pool at level 7 and it's indoor. The view is nice just not far from Lumpini Park. But the life guard not always at there, so caution if you stay with kids. The welcome drink need to redeem at their GMT lounge at level 7 as well. We are asking to have extra bed due to 3 adults and 1 kid, it cost us 1,000 Thai bath per night.
This hotel to shopping area around 15mins need to take MRT and transfer at Silom with exchange BTS Skytrain with 5 minutes walk. Then take another 2 stop reach at SIAM station. All shopping stuff start from here with walking steps and their "tuk tuk".
The surrounding this area not easy to get street food and their is 7 eleven with 2 mins walk. Next to this building is the Chinese restaurant which is always crowded when i passed by.
This hotel do not have SPA & Massage facilities. Nearby you need to take train to silom station, there is plenty of choices with starting 250 thai baht per hour.
I am strongly recommend this hotel for business not for family.
Will come back for next visit.

Room Tip: Get breakfast include due to surrounding area do not have much choice restaurant. McDonald & Sta...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bryant l

Dear Value Guest bryantlaw,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with AETAS lumpini during trip to Bangkok. Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your comments particularly our breakfast variety. One of great things about our hotel here is the Concierge Service that providing the best service possible for our value guests.

We are truly happy to hear that you enjoyed and had a great stay with us. The guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that.

We thank you very much for your patronage and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in AETAS lumpini.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Relatively cheap for the excellent service they provide. Big hotel rooms with a small receiving area and work table, separate closet room, and toilet comes with a bath tub that is separate from the shower area. The room comes with complete supply of toiletries, slippers, drinks and newspaper. Served an acceptable array of breakfast food at the buffet table. Overall, this hotel provided everything that i needed during my business trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
TheAETASManagement, Director of Rooms at AETAS lumpini, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Value Guest Nina C,

Thank you for staying at AETAS lumpini on your recent visit to Bangkok. At AETAS lumpini, we aimed to provide the best possible service and accommodation to our guests.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I've stayed here twice. Deluxe suite both times, club benefit once. The number one reason I chose it was location to MRT relative to price. You can get a little closer to a train station but not at the rates Aetas Lumpini offers. Regardless, it's less than 3 min and the station (Lumpini) is much less crowded than some of the others so there is never a wait to buy tokens and deal with people fishing through their purses for the odd baht coin. Also it's not walking distance to the shopping and nightlife Bangkok is famous for so you need to take a taxi or subway which is not a big deal as both are cheap. I'm totally fine with this as 1) it generally makes the hotel nice and quiet and 2) I don't have to see the odd 60yr old walking through my hotel holding hands with his 20yr old "niece". I don't care what people do, I'd just rather not see it in my hotel.

The deluxe suites are fairly large but they are essentially one large room. In other suites I've stayed, there is usually a bedroom and some type of partition, usually with a door, to the living area. I don't really care because I was solo both times but if the wife/gf were still sleeping, it would be nice to sneak into another area of the room and watch TV without disturbing her. I've walked by while rooms were being cleaned and even the normal rooms are decent sized, I just prefer a little more space and the cost differential isn't a problem for me. Amenities are what you expect from an upper class hotel. I wasn't really impressed with the club so I skipped it on my last trip. The food is basically brought up from the kitchen downstairs on warmers so nothing custom like omlets are available. Also its kind of small. I'm used to much larger areas and better selections of food. Also, staffed sparsely because of the size. A big benefit however are three pieces of laundry per day for free. Since it's so hot I change socks a couple times per day and shirts can almost never be worn more than once without laundering. Paying for these ala cart is expensive but less than upgrading to the club so I opted for the former.

The restauraunt is OK. Not great, not horrible. The breakfast buffet is acceptable but I'm used to more so my standards are probably a little high. That said, I have no problem eating there every morning.

The staff is very professional and typically polite the Thai way. Most speak very good English and there is a strikingly beautiful Japanese lady who's English is probably better than mine. If you have a critical question or can't risk a miscommunication, I suggest speaking with her. You can't miss her and I guarantee you won't be confused at the end of the conversation. I say this because I did have a miscommunication with one of the staff once.

I know they rate themselves as 5 stars but I'm not willing to go that far. When I think of a 5 star I think of a grand damme like the Dusit Thani with opulent public spaces and umpteen top notch restaraunts. Aetas Lumpini doesn't have either of these but it is a very nice hotel that I will definitely stay at again.

Room Tip: I've stayed at several 5 star hotels in Bangkok, none beat this hotel for value. If you want ni...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheAETASManagement, Director of Rooms at AETAS lumpini, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Value Guest Imnengr,

We would like to thank you for for taking the time to write such great things about our hotel and sharing your experience with us at AETAS lumpini.

We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel and we are truly happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that. Your kind words have been passed on to our team members. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in AETAS lumpini.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We traveled to Thailand for our honeymoon and spent 4 nights at Aetas Lumpini and it was fantastic. We were blown away by the views of the city from our room on 21st floor. The room was very luxurious and the staff was very accommodating. The room was really modern and had really great features like caller id on the room phones which displayed your name. Breakfast every morning was great, they had a large variety of options of breakfast and lunch food. We also had dinner one night at the hotel restaurant and it was reasonably priced and tasted good. The hotel is walking distance from the subway station and a short cab ride away from Chinatown and MBK, the big shopping center. The infinity pool has breathtaking views. The fitness center also overlooks the city, it's small but what you would expect for a hotel gym. We were also given free welcome drink tickets upon check in and it was the best iced green tea we've ever had. We will definitely be back when we're in Bangkok again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
TheAETASManagement, Director of Rooms at AETAS lumpini, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Value Guest Jess F,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with AETAS lumpini during your honeymoon trip to Bangkok. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great things about our hotel here at AETAS lumpini. We are truly happy to hear that you enjoyed and had a great stay with us.

Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that. We are happy our hotel and staff met your needs during your stay.

Our hotel location is second to none. There is nothing that makes us happier than hearing that you will return on your next visit.