Loy La Long Hotel
US$425
Okura Hotels
US$104
US$94
All reviewsthe blue roomthe riverteak housenok noibeer laopassing boatsbalcony watchingfloor cushionscommunal areasunique hotelreal bangkokcrazy citystayed longerfive nightsguest housesmall alleysingle room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Right on the river this is the best place to unwind from the hectic city of Bangkok. It's located within a temple complex it's very relaxing. Along with the incredible views one of the best aspects of the this hotel is it's small staff; all members and so friendly and helpful. They rooms are spotless, comfortable and incredibly charming, the breakfast filling and delicious. The noise from the riverboats can be loud but by midnight most of the cruisers no longer run and you'll wake well rested to the sound of the river lapping underneath your floorboards. Excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Pay extra to overlook the river it's worth it!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

After browsing the web for a while I landed on booking Loy La Long. And im soo happy I did. This is the Perfect Place to stay in Bangkok. Its soo tranquil and quiet and you feel like you are the only guests on this hotel. We where 3 persons that booked the green room. Its big and spacious and right on the river. And at night you can lie in bed and look at all the boats and lights on the river og sitt outside on the second floor!
We also tried the food and shakes! And i have absolutly no complaints, just perfect street food served beautifully! I have to come back to this place, and next time I will bring my boyfriend!
The first day in Bangkok we went crazy shopping in chinatown and ended up with to much luggage soo the boys and girls at Loy La long took care of our luggage while we where travelling around Cambodia and Thailand! We are soo greatefull for that, It made our trip much easier !
Im coming back, and I also hope Loy La Long stays just the way it is! A beautiful and peacefull Place!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Two friends and I stayed at Loy La Long in Bangkok for a few days in Chinatown. Really a neat place right on the river with rooms directly over the water so you could hear the swishing of the river beneath you. It only has six rooms for travellers. Very friendly and helpful staff. My only complaint is that the beds are hard as rock and impossible to get a decent night's sleep. Neat decor in the individual rooms, very creative. The water taxi pier is only a few blocks away, so it is a good location. A little hard to find, but that's part of the adventure. I'd just change the mattresses and the place would be perfect. Recommend anyway.

Room Tip: The Green Room and the Black Room are directly over the water. Green Room is bigger and has more charm, but it is right off the sitting area, and my friends could not get any sleep when a group came in and sat up talking until 1:30 a.m.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Loy La Long is just wonderful! This place is a haven from hustle and bustling streets of Bangkok. The Teak House is just wonderful, giving you a real insight into how it would be to actually live on the river. The staff here where just lovely - particularly 'U' who was extremely helpful with tips on how to get around China Town and into the city.. Even getting to train station and commuting to Chattuchak Market, also where to eat locally and points of interest that we may have found appealing in the nearby area. The food at Loy La Long was very good, with quite a range of things on the menu for you to try. From a traditional Thai breakfast to more western style eggs and bacon. All of the dishes seemed to be prepared well and with attention to detail which was appreciated. We truley fell in love with this place and cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Black room. It has its own small balcony (for smokers). Great to have a quiet moment with a beer and watch the boats cruise past.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

At the end of our trip in Thailand, my girlfriend and I decided to spend our last night in a really special, different place. In fact this was the first hotel of the entire journey we booked in advance! Once we were back in Bangkok, I knew we first had to go to the Hua Lamphong station because it is much easier to go from point to point by public transport (Cab- and tuktuk-drivers are facing serious disorientation problems!). From there on, a tuktuk took us in 10 minutes to the back of the Wat Patumkongka. This somewhat hidden location behind the temple only reinforces the character of the boutique hotel.

When entering the building, you have the impression you step in a floating house. Build on the borders of the Chao Praya, you can actually hear and feel the waves of the water when river traffic is passing by. Upon our arrival, we received a fresh welcome drink by the staff. We booked one night in the black room (nr. 2) located at the main level. Like the rest of the hotel, and in fact the entire concept, this room breathes romantic authenticity. You have access to a unique space with free Wi-Fi, free DVD-rental, safe, minibar and laundry service. In fact I did not want to go to sleep at all because the dark wooden interior is so cool! Both main and upper level have picturesque terraces where you can just enjoy the river and the Bangkok-skyline with a cold drink. Also a public library and a chill room (which we also used for breakfast) with loads of colorful pillows are on hand.
This brings me to the actual location of Loy La Long. The fact that the hotel is constructed right next to (in fact above) the main waterway through Bangkok, makes the big tourist spots next to the river easy accessible. Jao Ta Pier (N4) and Ratchawong Pier (N5) are the closest river stops to the hotel. The management off course is aware of this, and gives you the opportunity to go on a bicycle/canal tour or just to the flower market. The staff will be happy to give you a map and provide you instructions.

I can conclude this was one of the best and charming hotels I’ve stayed in so far. Actually it wouldn’t bother me at all to live in a place like this!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple