“lovely and unique new hotel”

Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection
Ranked #40 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
sydney australia
“lovely and unique new hotel”
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We are not "nouveau riche russians or cypriots" (see earlier review), or even "cashed up Australians", but we really like this hotel.
Our family of 4 adults has been here for a couple of days. It's true that there is sometimes a smell of solvent in the air, possibly due to the fact that there may still be work underway as the hotel is still in the soft opening phase. We got a fantastic deal through Accor Advantage Plus as part of the soft opening, and Accor also offered a special due to the floods affecting tourism in Bangkok.
The fitness centre, pool and 2 restaurants are open. 2 of us had a meal at the Italian restaurant last night, and it was very enjoyable.
Breakfast is excellent, with plenty of choice for westerners and asians. Hot dishes are ordered from an a-la-carte menu, heaps of choices. These dishes could have been a bit hotter, and one dish which appeared to be vegetarian, came with bacon and sausage, so just request no meat if that's a concern. Bacon was really good - hard to find in Thai hotels. There's a separate cool room for the cheeses,cold cuts and salads, which is good for freshness. Coffee is good and tea is great - actual leaf tea, served in a plunger pot. Yay! Usually I resign myself to Lipton tea bags when in Thailand.
The decor may not be to everyone's taste, but we love it. It makes a nice change from minimalist beige and brown. Black marble, claw-foot bathtub and separate shower, lots of dark timber, comfy armchair with foot stool. All amenities that would be expected of a 5 star property. The staff are lovely and helpful.
The only issue that we have found is quality control in one bathroom - some of the finishes are a bit poor (quite common in Bangkok hotels from my experience) and the rainshower floods the bathroom floor.
Also, internet in room is not free, although I think there is a free terminal in the lobby.
However, compared to the Vie Hotel (also an MGallery property), which we also loved, this hotel is even better and possibly warmer in its atmosphere.
We would love to return, preferably as soon as possible!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 12 November 2011
Dear Fally
Thank you very much indeed for the taking the time to post your review. I am happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with and that you liked the hotel.
I am also grateful for bringing to our attention the issue with the bacon: being a vegetarian myself, I understand how irritating this can be and I have already discussed it with our Chef to ensure that this does not happen again. Apologies also for the problem with the shower: we found that this is a problem in some of our rooms and are working with our designers on solutions to improve the seal at the bottom of the shower door.
Thank you also for highlighting the friendliness of the staff, which is very much appreciated. For me this is one of the most important aspects to get right and I am glad to hear we are on the right track.
Great to hear that you may come back for a return visit soon: please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly if I can assist in any way.
Bodo Klingenberg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This in one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in, and for well travelled airline staff, that's a fairly hefty call. The attention to detail throughout the hotel is exquisite, from the phuang malai and cocktail when checking in, to the furnishings of both the rooms and public areas. The staff, while providing the high level of customer service one comes to expect of the Thai, have certainly take this standard up a notch. The service is attentive yet unobtrusive, relaxed yet personable and genuinely friendly. From the bar staff in the lobby bar, who made the most amazing martini, and provided a delicious platter after realising that I had not had dinner following a long flight to Bangkok, to the gym attendant who was more like a personal trainer, to the waiter in the breakfast buffet who literally peeled me a lychie, after I did not recognise the fruit in it's shell... The rooms are beautiful and well furnished, and again, the attention to detail is phenomenal - from the beautiful sink and bathtub in the bathroom, to the universal powerpoints through out the room.
I now find myself looking for excuses to fly through Bangkok, just so I can return to this beautiful hotel, which I cannot wait to do.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank TomPP_11
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
Dear TomPP_11
Thank you for all the team at Hotel Muse for these very warm words - very kind of you to take the time. It was a great pleasure to welcome you as our guest. Please do contact me if you are planning to visit the Bangkok again. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back at Hotel Muse soon.
Very best regards
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Just opened, Hotel Muse Bangkok is indeed a great new addition to the myriads of hotels in Bangkok; the good, bad and the ugly; Hotel Muse is on the top. The concept, design and the vision of the hotel is extremely rewarding to experience. The details, from the artworks, to the bed linen are such a pleasure to enjoy. The two restaurants, Thai and Italian both are equally outstanding. This will be my choice anytime in the future and will recommend to anyone who would enjoy a small but quality hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank mikeinbangkok
Dear Mikeinbangkok
You are very kind. Thank you for this great review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit to Hotel Muse – and thank you for your time in posting these comments.
I am so happy that you liked your room found time to relax and enjoy. I enjoyed your comments regarding our two restaurant Su Tha Ros for Thai and Medici for Italian cuisine: having only just opened we are especially keen to find out what our guests think of us – so I am very pleased to know that your liked them. I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel Muse again soon.
Paris, France
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Hello

We were in Hotel muse in September and we know now where to go in Bangkok.
You cannot imagine the perfection without staying there .
all the Hotel Muse team is Kind and dedicated and we really felt that we are in a Made To Order Hotel .
all the team is perfect and each furnitures in this hotel is well selected
We stayed in a difficult period because it was the soft opening but everything was made for our comfort

Regarding the restaurant... Unbelievable ,if you have a dinner there it will be your last Thai reference .. the Chef is really a Samourai she s looking for perfection in each dish ,You should go there

We can talk about this hotel for longtime but the best Review is your review when you will try this hotel ...

Thank you again and good luck to Hotel Muse

Zakary and Katarina

Room Tip: Don't worry everything is perfect
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zak D
Dear Zakary and Katarina
Thank you for taking time to write these great comments. I'm so happy to know that you liked the hotel and that you felt well taken care of by the team. It’s been over a month now since the opening and we had some great feedback...and if we passed your expectations, then this is indeed wonderful news.
With best wishes and kind regards
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Good Location, about 500 metres walk from Chit Lom Station opposite the Central Dept Shopping Centre. All staff are very helpful and efficient, from the reception to the restaurant where we had our breakfast. Breakfast is good and we liked the ala-carte style for the main course. We were upgraded to a superior room after we informed reception that we did not like the view of the room that we had earlier been allocated.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Accorhotels.com traveller Singapore
Thank you for these warm and encouraging comments. It was a pleasure to welcome you as our guests, and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for mentioning our breakfast – this continues to be something that guests make positive comment on – and I must give kudos to our kitchen team that they continue to find new ways to make it even better. It is kind of you to mention our service standards. All TripAdvisor comments are shared and discussed at our team meetings and your recognition of the team’s efforts was clearly much appreciated. Thank you again for your comments – I do hope that we will have the privilege and pleasure of welcoming you again in our hotel.
Warm regards
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Just barely open for two weeks, this boutique property could be the winner in Bangkok.
As it is, the hotel has open only two floors of guestrooms at this moment while the rest will be open in a couple of weeks' time, though one staff admitted that it will probably be only before the year ends when the hotel operates in full swing. Eventually it will have 174 rooms including 11 suites.

Lobby was small with four desks both served as check in and concierge, they even hired a guitarist to play in the lobby. Checking in was fine, they have guest relationship managers to take care of that even though hotel staff weren't clear on the type of package I signed up for. A hand garland were presented together with a gift, I suppose that's for the A Club platinum recognition. Upgrade of room was from a normal Deluxe Room to the Corner Room (what they call a Grand Deluxe).

Room was of good size, loads of wood, floor was distressed timber flooring, which depending on one's taste, you could love it or loathe it. Overall build quality was very good, certainly a few notches above Hotel Vie, another MGallery property in Bangkok. I like the bathroom a lot, with use of black marble, with details and classy. Bed was very comfy sleep-inducing king-sized bed, 42" Flat panel TV. A huge plate of welcome fruit awaited. All in all, very handsomely furnished.

The underlying theme of this hotel was the westernization of the Old Siam during the Rama V reign , so I supposed he was the muse? So expect a little old world, and colonial which is fine by me but I find the overuse of its logo 'M' on shower floors, elevator doors, elevator entrance, bedsheets render it rather Disney-esque. I mean is it necessary to a stamp on my unused toilet roll after every housekeeping with that logo?

Breakfast at currently the only restaurant on 19th floor was lovely and a highlight for me. I had an in room breakfast the first morning which was nice (and included in my room package). I decided for forego the in room breakfast and check out the restaurant, and boy was glad I did. It's order by menu and cooked a la minute type of breakfast which I prefer. Never in my life have I had steaks for breakfast but on this morning why not and when served, very tasty indeed. My egg Benedict was done impressively as well, and so was my Phad Thai. Another restaurant, the Italian one, Medici will be open in a couple of weeks.

Gym was small but adequate, the adjoining pool was very small as well, it's facing the condominiums and rather in view of all the condo residents. Probably good for a dip and bob around.

Service was all right though not slick but the staff were eager to please. Give it some time and they'll shine.

Room Tip: Chitlom BTS Station is only 7 minutes walk away. Next to the station is a 7 storey Central Chitlom D...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank RioJ
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 16 October 2011
Dear RioJ
Great news to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and many thanks for the many kind comments. Re the logos: point taken and I am in agreement that we could probably have a few less of them around, which we will tackle as we mature and reorder items.
And just to let you know that our Italian restaurant ‘Medici Kitchen & Bar’ finally opened up to great acclaim last night: despite the fact that we were unexpectedly full to capacity with guests waiting for us to turn tables around, our first night was a huge success with rave reviews from our guests about the food and atmosphere, which we were very happy about. So hopefully you will have a chance to experience it too next time you come to Bangkok. Many thanks for choosing to stay with us.
seoul
Reviewed 9 October 2011

boutique hotel..I think girls will like here
clean, and good service! kind and warm service of staff
good location on Langsuan road
I stayed just one night, but their service was so good
I had dinner at su tha los(thailand food) , and their staff was so nice and view was also good

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Accorhotels.com traveller Seoul
Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and the great review: we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you like the design of the hotel.
Hopefully next time you come to Bangkok you will have a little bit more time to stay longer to enjoy all Hotel Muse has to offer.
Bodo Klngenberg