“"The place to be!"”

Ranked #37 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Beijing, China
“"The place to be!"”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Due to a recommendation of a friend I tried this time "The Muse" and I have to say that this is a real new jewel in town. From the minute I arrived I was made feel like at home. The design and decor of the hotel is amazing. Treated myself and my partner for a 2 day weekend stay in a suite which was well worth the money. Huge balcony - there are only a couple of rooms with it so better book ahead. The breakfast which was served on almost top floor is delicious, all hot dishes are prepared a la carte and are super delicious. My recommendation the Eggs Benedict. Also liked the big cheese option with proper choices of European cheese very much. Had one eve room service, great service, food a bit too spicy for my taste. Also had drinks on the rooftop and some barsnacks. Atmosphere up there was fabulous and even though it rained had a fabulous time since I got a spot under the canope. The staff makes this hotel successful - The employees at the Muse are a true reflection of Thai hospitality and now I know why Thailand is called "the land of smiles!". I am an Austrian, living in Beijing but "Muse and team" I will definitely be back verrrrrrrry soon for a relaxing shortbreak in BKK's best hotel!!!! Thank you so much

Room Tip: The most amazing rooms are for me the balcony rooms - I think there is less than a handful with a hu...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this gracious review, I will be sure to pass this on to our team, it will be very much appreciated! Please do make your way to Hotel Muse Bangkok again in the very near future.
Alex

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Ho Chi Minh City
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This is truly an amazing hotel once you arrive at the lobby. The design of the hotels is different.
A mix of gothic and contemporary style, from check in, to the lift and also the rooms.
The materials chosen are of good quality. bed really good, and many pillows to chose from. It took me a long time to find out how the electric blinds work once you want to use the toilet. The toilet is placed 15 cm next to a 2 meter high glass window...

If you decide to use the restaurant services be aware that English is nearly non existent. So if you order Sparkling water, it becomes still, and the other way around.

Nice to use as a base in Bankok, not recommended for hasslefree dining..

Room Tip: everything above the 8 th floor is quiet....
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank wilco v
Thank you for your review. You will be pleased to know that we are currently in process of implementing training classes to rectify the issues mentioned. We ensure that your next visit to our hotel will be an enjoyable one.
Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Nice hotel, nice staff and nice room, i was so happy on y stayed with their service.. Every time when i visit there's always no regret to tell me not to book this hotel, everything is fantastic thank you to everyone i the hotel to make my stayed like in heaven..

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back here again in the very near future and our best wishes to you and your family!

Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

I been with friend of mine in Speakeasy for a drink.

We order a glass of prosecco and a kir royal, the staff start arguing in thai, finally we got our drink.

When we almost finish the manager at the bar informed us that the prosecco we request was finish and we have to pay bit more.

We got the bill with 450 bath difference and of course barman left and manager as well, weention the hostess about it and she apologize, even if she did nt even understund what s happened.

Not a big deal, but if accor hotel wants to compete with famous hotel chain, first must train the staff .

Salute.

• Stayed July 2012
12 Thank Homwr
Thank you for your review. Your comments has been passed along to the relevant department to ensure such a mistake does not happen again. We hope to welcome you back to The Speakeasy in the very near future as my invited guest!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 July 2012

My wife and I chose Hotel Muse to celebrate our wedding anniversary based on recommendations in this website. We were not disappointed by the earlier reviews, and the hotel in fact exceeded our already high expectations. The hotel is very new and the furniture and fittings are superbly maintained. The fact that they use Villeroy and Boch chinaware for normal in-room coffee cups speaks volumes! The staff were highly professional and confident, but also warm and friendly. Checking-in was a breeze. I booked through Agoda, and had problems before with on-line booking portals. To my surprise, the check-in manager (Khun Belle) found my reservation promptly, and to my bigger surprise, had already got the room ready based on my on-line request for early check-in. Khun Belle then escorted personally us to our rooms. How many hotels do that nowadays? Location-wise was good if you're not the sort who craves instant street-side action. The hotel is in on a peaceful ( in terms of Bangkok standards) but not too quiet street in the embassy area of Bangkok. There are lots of nice restaurants and spas on the street. The Skytrain (Chidlom station) is about a 10 minute walk away.

This hotel is probably best for couples without kids and for business travellers who want a reasonably priced yet luxurious stay in Bangkok. I've no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Hotel Muse.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and recommendation of Hotel Muse Bangkok! It is our sole aim to enhance guest satisfaction and we will continue to strive and develop our product and services.

With best regards,

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 11 July 2012

デザインとコミュニケーションが酷い! I'm an Accor silver member, we had a great 5 nights here, 1 night in a standard, 4 in a junior suite. For the regular price, its way overpriced considering it has TOO MANY DESIGN & COMMUNICATION FLAWS... (just look at a massive hotel like Renaissance in KL with their incredibly efficient communication & confirmation call with all their staff & guest -not that KL could compare to awesome Bangkok & Thai service) Accor has employed non-Thai staff but maybe that confuses things. If theyre not gonna fix anything, I recommend they always include breakfast or at least a morning coffee & croissant in all their packages, then they'll get less overall complaints. Or at least free wifi in the rooms, even if its limited. Its unfortunate because they have REALLY NICE STAFF, very helpful & polite especially JUAN- thank you, and also the kind drivers of the free tuk-tuk. (perhaps get some funding to fix that scary hole on the road thou?)

I LIKE MUSE PERSONALLY, so I wish they would improve.

-Flaws-
Lobby:
It's too dark in the Lobby. Cant see anything. Not enough space to hang around for guests- Lobby should be more spacious. Reception should not sit. How are guests supposed to walk up for a casual talk if they're sitting there like a boss?! Receipts should be printed promptly. A simple welcome drink is enough, no need for alcohol. Make the reception more comfortable. Staff shouldnt be nervous or confused with their movements. FRONT STAFF SHOULD NOT PICK UP PHONE AND HAVE LONG TALKS WHILE SERVING GUESTS. Stop mosquitoes buzzing around, got bitten heaps while checking email. A change of music from time to time would be nice. In all the areas, a certain beat repeats endlessly, even from the TV. They had a fire drill that never happened. The staff backed into my girlfriend when we came out of the elevator, Its ok, no big deal, BUT THAT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN IN A WELL DESIGNED PLACE -IT IS NOT THE STAFF'S FAULT. TOO MUCH JUNK placed around the lobby & elevators, lighting & music confuses everyone. Same elevator for bar & restaurant users -only 2.

On to the rooms
Standard: NICE BED! but...
I understand the need for a fancy moody setting but when practicality is compromised... The standard rooms painted black -how does one clean that? A wardrobe in the bathroom because there wasnt anywhere else for it?? No where to safely plug in and put the kettle yet they have their own line of delicious teas??? Complimentary shoe shine that doesnt happen???? Total miscommunication every time we call reception????? Leaking drain. The bathroom especially needs a complete design overhaul by a feng shui master, staff should try living there a few days and see the kind of annoyances they'll encounter. Stay a few nights somewhere like the Bliston chain and see how smooth everything is in comparison.
Suite: AWESOME ROOM & WHITE but...
Staff should stay here too, learn how to use the nespresso machine. My girlfriend had to go down to the lobby with the coffee extract after repeated attempts over the phone (fast service is is great but staff should not try to second guess what the guest is trying to explain or is complaining about!) and they then tell her its a little MILK pack!! Its COFFEE EXTRACT, HELLOOO?! So funny, but other guests might not be so patient & humorous.
We found a packet of cigarettes in the NON SMOKING ROOM -possibly left by the previous guest (strange since it was a 'Just renovated' room.) So we take it to reception the next morning and they're shocked but I carefully explain the situation and go out for the day. They check their video later and leave a note in our room saying 'no one has entered your room' -I mean, we know that... I just needed to make the point clear that we are non smokers and if there's any trouble regarding smoke in the rooms then its not us, people get fined on their credit cards you know. They left a nice welcome incense candle on our pillows so I ask downstairs if we can use it in our rooms without setting off the fire alarm and they second guess me again by interrupting "its yours, its a present." We know that, that's why I said thank you...
Wait, theres so much more... but this is the longest review ever so lets just briefly mention the open plumbing door in the bathroom and even when closed ( they had to come lock it shut) you can hear the staff babbling next door CLEARLY (thats fine, staff should be allowed to enjoy, just dont do the naughty act in the bathroom if you dont want them to hear) THE REASON HOUSEKEEPING STAFF ARENT SERVING AT THEIR BEST IS BECAUSE OF THE BAD COMMUNICATION, imagine you were in the middle of that, I wouldnt be smiling. I mean the housekeeping guy gave a CLEAR SIGH OF ANNOYANCE (again dont blame or fire the staff) when my girlfriend told him she didnt order that coffee on the phone TWICE. Our bathtub doesnt drain...they didnt fix it even when I took a photo explaining the problem (again they just looked embarrassed and second guessed the problem without asking or confirming specifics) so the last day we couldnt take a bath -my gf is handicapped, a shower isnt impossible but a bath is much easier & relaxing for her. I didnt sleep very well actually as the aircon makes a lot of noise, and the pool sound which is a floor above us.
Pool:
LOVE IT INFINITY! but...
The staff room is next to it, weird. No towels and water - oh forgot to mention, towels weigh like BLANKETS, a medium towel would help. The water bottles are so flimsy you have to be very careful not to spill while opening, each with plastic covering on the cap, so annoying each time. The chairs in the pool are comfortable and so relaxing but I hurt myself (no I'm not a whinger but it shouldnt happen) as its made of metal and the water had rusted the armrests (of course they would!!!!!) The lights in the pool shouldnt face the swimmer!! lol HOW CAN ANYONE DESIGN SO FANCILY YET IMPRACTICALLY?!?!?! It would drive a logical German person crazy...
Rooftop Bar:
NICE!
But as with the pool area, any rain and they panic & dont know what to do! The stairs have no safety so I slipped but caught myself-(I'm a top level tennis player btw.) The staff aren't clear about how to pay. Its overpriced with tonnes of tax added. The restaurants get booked out for functions by non guests -(ok I guess they need to make money)
I've only listed HALF upto here but too tired to write anymore unless Accor want to hire me. I cant give this place a pass for now because it we enjoyed ourselves and the place has some character- its not boring haha, thank you for reading and please click 'helpful' if you also enjoyed reading this novel.

Room Tip: haha, a tip?! Teach them their job. (but be nice to Juan!) Its all in my review, take the suite but...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Rio K
Thank you for taking the time to write this constructive review. Your comments have been well noted and passed along to the relevant departments to action and improve. You will be pleased to hear that we are currently in the process of arranging training to aid the development of our team. Once again, thank you for these comments and I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Bangkok.