“It really is a 5 star boutique hotel”

Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan, MGallery Collection
Ranked #36 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stayed at the Muse hotel for seven days and can say that it really is a five star boutuque hotel. The five star label is based on the luxurious rooms, amenities, the gym, pool, breakfast, reception, free internet, staff and every other feature of the hotel. The boutique feature I would guess is attributable to its small lobby which is not a scene like in many larger chains. The Internet is free and accessible from your room or poolside and worked just fine. As people have said the pool area is small with only about 6 or 7 loungers so you cannot count on finding a place to sit if you come at a busy time. But the location of the pool and the view make up for any shortcomings. The Skybar on the roof has spectacular views in the evening. The location is as everyone says in a quiet neighborhood with limited but quality vendors. The adjacent Starbucks is closed for remodeling until April. Immediately next door is a great and inexpensive professional massage shop. Down the street is a series of restaurants/bars which have abundant outdoor seating where you can sit and enjoy the tepid evenings. Plus I asked for a late checkout at 1 pm and was granted it in an instant. I do not have anything really bad to say about the hotel and would recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Taniquan
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan, MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear Taniquan, thank you for posting a 5 star review, glad that you very much enjoyed your stay with us describing Muse very well in my opinion (but I am not very impartial am i?) anyway I like your review and the way you have recommended our beautiful hotel and its surrounding.
Thank you and hope to see you very soon

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Muse during my five-day visit to Bangkok. My visit was restful thanks to the Hotel Muse. My room was pleasant and clean, the staff was very helpful, and my included breakfast was nice. The hotel is on Langsuan Road and was very convenient to nice restaurants, shopping, and business. I enjoyed and appreciated the decor and ambiance of Hotel Muse and look forward to a future visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Doug R, thank you for posting your review on TA. Looks like you have enjoyed most of the facilities, service and hospitality that have made us so successful on this site. A special thank you for mentioning our staff, like I very often say they are a credit to Muse and are doing the utmost to please our customer. We are too looking forward to a return visit

Reviewed 16 March 2013

These pictures were taken over the course of two evenings back in early November 2012, when Daniel Loo and I couldn't help but have dinner at Medici two nights in a row. The service and ambiance was superb and the food sensational. Probably one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever been to thus far.

Also highly recommended is the Hotel Muse (Where the restaurant is situated at) on Langsuan in the royal district. Think of the hit series "Boardwalk Empire" during the roaring 1920s, with its Art Deco ethos and Über cool clientele consisting of Bangkok's Royals and the jet set crowd..

Room Tip: Ask for the corner room with the swimming pool view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Kok222, thank you for posting such a great review about both Muse and Medici Kitchen and Bar. Medici has its on TA site so you might want to place a review on it, look for Medici Kitchen and Bar in Bangkok. Muse is as you describe it a modern building with a Vintage feel, gangster style I agree with our very own Speakeasy on the top floor. Medici has just been awarded by tattler Magazine “Thailand Best Restaurant” and there is no doubt that it is the place to see and been seen.

See you very soon

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stop over in Bangkok quite frequently, recently we had our first visit to Hotel Muse and discovered a little gem, Its perfectly placed for shopping at MBK, Paragon, and Central World, all walking distance about 10-15 mins.
Upon arrival we were greeted at reception with a welcome drink and a smile, I did find that the reception area is very dark, I know that this is the style of the hotel but I still feel that more lighting in an area like the reception should have more light for dealing with check in and check out.
We were taken up to our rooms by reception and I have to say that the rooms were amazing, I think I would have to say the best I have had during all my stays in Bangkok, So So comfortable beds, the most wonderful pillows and the best nights sleep ever, the rooms are done in a french style, classic, with a luxury feel, quality bed linen that feels so nice, sheer bliss.
During our stay we found all the staff so helpful and friendly and could not fault them in any way.
Concierge were very helpful with directions and advice, always with a smile, they recommended we eat at the Thai restaurant in the hotel, they said the lady chef was award winning so we booked, and we were so glad we did the food was absolutely fantastic, the best ever, if you book this hotel please take my advice and make a reservation you will not be disappointed, and a very reasonable price.
The breakfast has something for everyone, not a huge spread but still very good, it can get busy in the mornings but if you go down about 7.30-8 am its fine.
One thing that I found annoying is that they supply a very good coffee machine (nespresso) and tea in the room but no whitener, I did ring reception and asked why no whitener and they said they would send milk up to the room, only to find a charge for it at check out, its a small thing but still a little annoying, when i mentioned it to the girl she cancelled the charge, I just wonder why no whitener is supplied in the room? anyway that apart it will not put me off booking Hotel Muse in the future, I think I will be returning to this hotel for my next visit and beyond.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic, and very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan, MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

Dear Greg C, thank you for posting your review on this site, I like your title very much and I think this is the best way to describe Muse. You have posted an extensive review so don’t feel like I should say much. Our Thai chef at Sutharos won “Iron Chef” Thailand and the food there is simply delicious. I have certainly taken on board your comment about the milk.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 15 March 2013

The Hotel Muse was in a convenient location, close to the sky train. It has quite a unique atmosphere and style and the food was good - both the breakfast and the Sardinian restaurant downstairs. The rooftop bars were great too!
However, there were a few things lacking and a little strange, mainly the service. It took us three days to book a tour as they could not understand what we were trying to book. We ended up waiting for one staff member (sorry I can't remember their name) and they were very helpful but all in all a little frustrating. They try and fill the lower rooftop bar first before letting anyone to the upper level. We thought it was booked out every night until we got told this was what they did! The way they made up the room was completely random - every day seemed different and a couple of days they did a turn down service (that was not requested) which again was a little strange and just involved replacing a towel.
Overall, hotel itself was good but needs improvement on the service and could probably do better for the price in bkk.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Dear ask6400, thank you for your review on TA, well it was good to see that you gave us a very good rating but I was sorry to read that you felt something was missing, let’s hope we can find it and we have certainly taken your constructive comment on board. Not sure what happened with Speakeasy our roof top bar but I can assure you that what you are describing is not at all our policy. The door to the 25th floor is always closed as it is to re-create the feel of a real illegal venue with a secret door like in the 20’s during the prohibition era but in no way to deter our customer to get in. we have taken measure to make sure that it does not happened again, and thank you for the feedback. We hope to see you again soon of course

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Modern and very cosy interior. If not too unlucky you'll have a great view of the city from your room even from around 18:th floor which I had. Relaxed pool a bit higher up, but get there early to get a sun chair, it's not that big. Roof top bar among the best in Bangkok.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Dear Signature_15, thank you for posting your review and glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, Speakeasy our roof top bar is not only one of the best in BKK but has just been awarded World Best bar Asia 2013 so definitely worth a visit.
See you again soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Muse for three nights at the start of our trip to Thailand.

The check in process was ok- our bags had been lost by the airline and I felt that the receptionist could have been more sympathetic ( no offer to get in touch with the airline, no suggestion of where we might go to buy clothes the next day or did not check whether we had any toiletries etc)

I guess a hotel like this is always going to attract mixed reviews. It is quirky and interesting. The rooms are large and feel lavish. The bed was the most comfortable that we have ever experienced in a hotel. The bathroom wash large with a great rainfall shower.

Breakfast was decent and they serve great coffee. The pool is small but nobody else was there when we went for a dip.

Location is good, short walk to the sky train and all the huge malls such as central world. The hotel is on quieter road ( for Bangkok ) and there are a few restaurants dotted here and there.

The roof top Bar is very nice and the prices are reasonable (compared to the lebua where we stayed on the last night of our trip)

I would definately recommend the hotel Muse especially if you are after that more intimate boutique hotel, rather than just one of the crowd staying at a Hilton or Sheraton.

We booked directly with the Accor group website for the best price however be warned the price dropped after we booked and they would not entertain amending our booking.

Room Tip: We booked a Yama residence room- the extra money only seems to get you a higher floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear chris1304, thank you for your review, glad to read that you managed to relax during your stay. Thank you for the feedback about the check in, it is not what i want to hear, K.Pook our Head concierge would have been delighted to help you with your request, we have talk about it internally to make sure that we can deal with it better next time. Thank you for mentioning so nicely our room, comfy bed, breakfast and location as so often on this site. Speakeasy our roof top bar is sublime and one of the best address in town…at a reasonable price.
Thank you also for recommending us as opposed to some of the traditional “glass tower” in town, with our “Vintage” feel we definitely offer something very different

Best regards and hope to see you again very soon