“It's time for some more 'Muse ic'” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection

Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection
Ranked #38 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“It's time for some more 'Muse ic'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed at the beautiful Hotel Muse last year and were lucky enough to get one of those free upgrade offers to the Corner Suites. The time to travel to Bangkok is back, and this time we are planning to travel with children, so I thought I should check the trip advisor reviews regarding staying at the Muse with kids. The negative reviews seem excessive, and personally I thought the hotel was fabulous! The rooms are beautiful and the beds are super comfortable.
I did find that extra beds are available if you are traveling with children ( at an extra cost no doubt).
I'm convinced from my past stay, as well as the current reviews that the hotel has kept up their high standards and I will be making reservations at the Muse again.
The only thing that remains now is for the Accor group to come out with the low season specials, and I will definitely be staying at the Muse again :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear N1M, thank you for your review great review on TA. Some negative review can be excessive on this website? Really?.. Anyway yours is not and I am delighted that as a returner with kids we managed to exceed your expectations. Yes we are trying hard to keep up our high standards and this is why i value your feedback
Let’s hope we can see you again soon….with the kids of course

Nicolas Peth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We recently stayed here for a long weekend in June and had a lovely time.
We got a great last minute deal and booked a Muse Deluxe room located on the lower levels of the hotel (Mind you it's only 24 levels) and it exceeded our expectations.
Compared to many hotels we've stayed at, the room was by no means small. The marbled bathroom was generous in size, had a separate shower stall and bath and was partitioned from the rest of the room with a glass wall. The bed was heavenly (can I say that?) and I found myself falling asleep easily.
Hotel Muse is an Art Deco themed hotel and I really appreciated every attention to detail paid; from the interior architecture and design, furnishings and art. It reminded me of an era long gone. Its definitely not a hotel that has contemporary, bauhaus, modern lines albeit it does have free wifi that did not drop out.
One of the best things about the Muse is The Speakeasy and the Blind Pig at the Speakeasy. Both are located on the top level and rooftop. The Speakeasy is a cocktail bar with a great outdoor area - no great views like the Banyan Tree but still a lovely environment for a romantic rendezvous or a fun night with a group of friends. The Blind Pig is where you can chomp on a cigar and swill a glass of whiskey. It's not a big space and is fashioned around a small library complete with Chesterfield lounges.
The buffet breakfast was very good and spread across the restaurant, for example the cold meats and cheeses were in the wine room. Yoghurts came in small glass jars and their juices in small glass bottles - this is what I mean by paying attention to detail. Their packaging was a reminder of yesteryear with no hint of fast or plastic.
Location wise, the Muse was away from the larger hotels and shopping malls which is what I prefer as it's quiter. It would only take 10 minutes to walk to the main shopping area so it wasn't in a remote part of Bangkok.
I really enjoyed my time at Hotel Muse and would definitely recommend it to anyone. The staff were lovely, the decor was classy, the location convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. We faced the main road but the blockout curtains did their job exceedingly...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Che55a, what a lovely review, thank you so much. Glad you enjoyed our attention to details. Beds well they are so popular on this site I think heavenly won’t be too much. Speakeasy our roof top bar is the place to see and be seen and I am glad it did the trick for you.

Thank you so much again for taking the time and trouble to write such a detailed review and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future

You know where we are

Best for now

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I felt really misled by the reviews on tripadvisor. Hotel Muse is neither beautiful nor was its service great. Let's call a spade a spade. It is small building tucked along an entire street of service apartments. It IS a service apartment but at 5 star hotel price. Its decoration is supposed to be hip and modern. I find its style to be at least 7 years too old. To me it is passé and struggling wanna-be all rolled in one. I am glad I only stayed the weekend and not a day longer. The first day when we arrived, we literally stepped on diarrhea in the elevator. The hotel was too dark for good sanitary purpose (obviously) as it took all of us, including the bell boy, several seconds before we realized what was happening. Good thing poop stinks or we would be stomping all over it in the very dim elevator without knowing what was going on. Determined to write the poopy incident off as a complete fluke, we were disappointed to arrive at our room which looked like it can use some updating, far from the impressive photos one sees on the website. Our double whammy came later the same evening when we ran out of hot water for hours. At that point, I was just glad that we have one more night to go. The hotel is so small that it is impossible to spend anytime in it without feeling claustrophobic. So we spent most of our time outside on the streets. It is quite a walk from the nearest train station and there is nothing interesting on the street which it was in, as most of the buildings were service apartments. To walk to the nearest mall would probably take a good 15-20 minutes.

The only saving grace for Hotel Muse was the music at the Speakeasy Bar, where we had our cocktails, on the house, for not being able to take a shower the night before. Freddy, the DJ plays some really wicked tunes, the only thing that is trendy in this grey and dull building.

During our stay at the Hotel Muse, none of the staff approached us to explain why there was feces in the elevator. One would have thought that this surely is not a daily affair? Anyway, after I had completed the hotel's on line survey, the the general manager of the hotel wrote to me and explained that the reason why no one had explained to us they" probably assumed that it was just coffee"!

Good luck if you choose this place. I strongly suggest you spend your money wisely tough.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Pacukpaku
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Believe the hype!!!Dear Pacukpaku, I am a firm believer that some guests do not create complaint but exaggerate them. I shall leave readers to decide for themselves about your review and Hotel Muse, maybe by reading the review below yours as a start. And I stand by my original reply about COFFEE…

I am only very sorry that you did not appreciate your stay with us

Chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

We have just stayed at the Muse from 1st-4th July. I only really review a hotel if it is particularly bad or very good and having travelled a fair bit I find that I'm rarely blown away by 5* and when booking its a task to find a hotel that meets expectations without spending a small fortune. The Muse was just perfect! The style of the hotel is beautiful, modern but classic at the same time. So many new hotels go so modern that the luxury element is lost. Muse have balanced this perfectly with an art deco influence. I won't go in to details describing the layout and appearance of the hotel as it was just as it looks on the website. We visited all the restaurants. The Italian restaurant on the lower grond floor was a little pricey but beautiful. The Asian restaurant was very well priced and the food was superb! Upstairs at speakeasy offered a more relaxed atmosphere with a cool vibe and the best views of the city. We were going to book a table at a rooftop bar for the view but didn't feel the need to after visiting the speakeasy. The new bar manager took the time to come and speak with us each night and made us feel very welcome if fact all the staff at the hotel were great and the service was second to none.The location was excellent (the best I have had in Bangkok) we walked to the mrt in a couple of minutes and walked to the Siam mall in about 10 minutes. I can't believe anyone would have anything bad to say about this hotel after our experience and we are fussy! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel if you are looking for a beautiful luxury hotel in the centre of Bangkok. It was, dare I say it probably the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in and I will definitely stay here next time I visit Bangkok.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the 10th floor which offered good views.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 7sas7
Dear 7sas7. Thank you for your excellent review on TA. We love fussy people, not a problem. Delighted to read that you had a great experience at Muse and you enjoyed most of what we have to offer. But again it looks like our staff made the difference and I am so happy they looked after you

We would be very pleased to welcome you back on your next visit of course

Best for now

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed here for work in Bangkok. It was inexpensive by western prices but a cool place. The breakfast the next morning was almost a quarter of the room price which I found amusing but I guess they can justify it as the spread offered almost everything imaginable and the service was superb.

The rooms were beautifully accommodated and well decorated. My favorite touch was the hidden TV that comes out of the end of the bed.

Nicely designed hotel in Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LostInAsiaSince2013
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear J_I_D86, thank you for posting your review on TA, delighted to read that you had a very pleasant experience with us and that you particularly enjoyed our interior décor and our Breakfast. TV in a cabinet at the end of the bed in some of our room is a gadget but a good one…

See you again soon I hope

Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Hotel Muse Bangkok is a very classic hotel full of designs. Very nice lobby which gives you the wow factor once you enter to the hotel, they also provide you very chic welcome drink while you do the check in. Beautiful and comfortable room with a very nice bathroom, small chic designs everywhere in your room. The swimming pool is located on 19F, it has a good view but the pool is too small a bit, I won't really call it a pool but a pretty puddle instead. If you stay in Hotel Muse Bangkok, you don't want to miss the opportunity to go to their roof top bar - The speakeasy, which is selected as the 2013 best bar in Asia. The Italian restaurant - Medici located at the B1 of the hotel also provide you a good dinning experience. In general, I enjoyed every minutes in Hotel Muse Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Aahhh!!!After the last two reviews it’s good to be loved again. cchi1003 Taipei thank you for your very positive review. Looks like you had a great experience with us and enjoyed our Italian restaurant Medici and our Roof top Bar Speakeasy. As for our interior design and small details readers will probably find out from other reviewers that it is one of our main selling points.

Thank you again and hope to see you again very soon.