“Beautiful in every detail”

Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection
Ranked #33 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Beautiful in every detail”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Hotel Muse is probably the most beautiful hotel we have been to. It is so perfectly designed from the lobby to the rooms, to the restaurants, to everything. Great service, great place to stay. We had one of our best evenings in the restaurant Medici in the cellar. Really special atmosphere and incredible performances by opera singers four intermezzo's during the diner.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear michiels1981, thank you so much for such a beautiful review. Delighted to read that Muse was one of the most beautiful hotels you ever visited, that’s a statement. Medici our Italian restaurant is very lively with our opera singer 6 days a week and I very unique in Bangkok.

See you again soon

Nicolas Peth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2013

When ever we go to Bangkok we choose Muse. It has great staff who always make you feel welcome. Terrific location, French chic decor and amazing facilities. The breakfasts are always an event with a an amazing variety of foods to delight the taste buds. Thanks for a making our trip special.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Brian P, love your review, short but you’ve said it all thank you
See you very soon I hope

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in July . First thing that strikes you about the hotel is the classic look of the decor , wonderfully stylish . Then you are greeted by very friendly and respectful staff who ensure you are well looked after . Special mention must go to both Angelo and Johan two entertainment and events managers who gave honest and excellent advice on the city. Always smiling and making sure you are enjoying yourself.

Room- king jato deluxe

Very impressive with high equipment levels, good quality furnishing , huge bed and lavish bathroom !

Location - very close to the BTS sky train , but walking distance to all the food bars as clubs along Soi 4- 11( just don't walk during the day , way too hot! ) alternatively one of the concierges will be happy to arrange a nice air conditioned taxi for you ( my preference )

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Bangkok .

I am looking to stay here again upon my return trip back to the UK.

Enjoy your stay ;)

• Stayed July 2013
Dear ispoono,Wow!!!This is a great title thank you so much for posting your review. Hardware of a hotel is always very important and it looks like our beds (again) and our interior design did the trick for you but of course I am delighted that it is mostly the software ie: our team that most delighted you. Angelo and Johan are two great staff members and we are pleased to have them in the team. I have conveyed your personal comment to them both.
Thank you again for your recommendation and we are looking forward to welcoming you back on any return trip

Khok Kloi, Thailand
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The Muse is truly an original hotel that stands out from the other 5 * hotels in Bangkok. Instead of a grand lobby with 15 meters to the ceiling, it has a really nice small and intimate lobby, very nicely decorated, made me think of Addams Family :). Check in process was smooth and pleasant, you are presented with a stand of 4 different cold drinks to enjoy while checking in.

I stayed in a deluxe room, located in a corner, far from the elevator so it was quiet. Beautifully decorated, spacy, loved the amenities. Bathtub very comfy and so is bed.The tv is located inside the cupboard, there is a small remote next to the tv remote that will make the t come out of th cupboard. A fun gimmick and smart soultion but they should have some information about this, because it was really not obvious to me how to find the tv.

Restaurant Medici was great, with a lady singing opera during dinner followed by a blues band, great ambience there as well as the rooftop bar Speakeasy.

Swimming pool is on 19th floor, nice for relaxing and possible to order food and drinks to enjoy by the pool. However the pool is not very big and its nothing out of the ordinary.

One thing that annoyed me a little, which i guess they can do nothing about, is that the hotel only has 2 elevators. Because of this you end up waiting minutes every time you're going up or down.

Also it has a good location, 5 -10 mins walk to BTS, easy to reach shopping areas and the street is not too busy although its easy to grab a taxi, and there are plenty of great dining/drinking options along Lang Suan.

All in all this was a great stay and i think i will return for my next visit to BKK, whch i hope will be soon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Anders L, thank you so much for your great review on TA. I am delighted that you had a very pleasant experience with us, enjoying our interior décor, rooms, restaurants and bars. Great opportunity for you to stay during our Blues night evening, it was a fantastic night at Medici. We might do some more in the future but for the time being we still have our opera singer 6 nights of the week and Sunday Brunch.
We hope we can see you again with us during your next visit of course

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed here for one night at the end of June before we were taking a connecting flight to Vietnam and thought it was fantastic. The location of the hotel is pretty central, we could easily walk to nearby restaurants and there was a big shopping centre close by, also it's close to tram stations.

The hotel itself had great modern decor, is spotless and has some great views of the city. We arrived very early, well before check-in due to our flights arrival and the staff were brilliant, they checked us in early with no problems. The staff were always very polite and helpful. We didn't get a chance to try the breakfast as we had to leave before it opened due to an early flight.

We enjoyed our sty so much we're heading back there for a further 2 night stay before our return flight home. Would definitely recommend it.

1 Thank Jessica H
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear RosieP99, what can I say, it is all in the title, thank you so much for an absolutely fantastic review and of course your recommendation. Looks like our team has done a great job again
Yes your first stay was far too short so I am glad you are coming back for some more
See you soon then

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed at the beautiful Hotel Muse last year and were lucky enough to get one of those free upgrade offers to the Corner Suites. The time to travel to Bangkok is back, and this time we are planning to travel with children, so I thought I should check the trip advisor reviews regarding staying at the Muse with kids. The negative reviews seem excessive, and personally I thought the hotel was fabulous! The rooms are beautiful and the beds are super comfortable.
I did find that extra beds are available if you are traveling with children ( at an extra cost no doubt).
I'm convinced from my past stay, as well as the current reviews that the hotel has kept up their high standards and I will be making reservations at the Muse again.
The only thing that remains now is for the Accor group to come out with the low season specials, and I will definitely be staying at the Muse again :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dear N1M, thank you for your review great review on TA. Some negative review can be excessive on this website? Really?.. Anyway yours is not and I am delighted that as a returner with kids we managed to exceed your expectations. Yes we are trying hard to keep up our high standards and this is why i value your feedback
Let’s hope we can see you again soon….with the kids of course

Sydney
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We recently stayed here for a long weekend in June and had a lovely time.
We got a great last minute deal and booked a Muse Deluxe room located on the lower levels of the hotel (Mind you it's only 24 levels) and it exceeded our expectations.
Compared to many hotels we've stayed at, the room was by no means small. The marbled bathroom was generous in size, had a separate shower stall and bath and was partitioned from the rest of the room with a glass wall. The bed was heavenly (can I say that?) and I found myself falling asleep easily.
Hotel Muse is an Art Deco themed hotel and I really appreciated every attention to detail paid; from the interior architecture and design, furnishings and art. It reminded me of an era long gone. Its definitely not a hotel that has contemporary, bauhaus, modern lines albeit it does have free wifi that did not drop out.
One of the best things about the Muse is The Speakeasy and the Blind Pig at the Speakeasy. Both are located on the top level and rooftop. The Speakeasy is a cocktail bar with a great outdoor area - no great views like the Banyan Tree but still a lovely environment for a romantic rendezvous or a fun night with a group of friends. The Blind Pig is where you can chomp on a cigar and swill a glass of whiskey. It's not a big space and is fashioned around a small library complete with Chesterfield lounges.
The buffet breakfast was very good and spread across the restaurant, for example the cold meats and cheeses were in the wine room. Yoghurts came in small glass jars and their juices in small glass bottles - this is what I mean by paying attention to detail. Their packaging was a reminder of yesteryear with no hint of fast or plastic.
Location wise, the Muse was away from the larger hotels and shopping malls which is what I prefer as it's quiter. It would only take 10 minutes to walk to the main shopping area so it wasn't in a remote part of Bangkok.
I really enjoyed my time at Hotel Muse and would definitely recommend it to anyone. The staff were lovely, the decor was classy, the location convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. We faced the main road but the blockout curtains did their job exceedingly...