“Glamorous but ....”

Ranked #35 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“Glamorous but ....”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My husband stays here several times a year and loves it because it's smaller and more personal than all the huge 5 star places he used to frequent. And he's right, it has a really nice, intimate ambience, cool rooftop bar with gourmet bites, small infinity pool on 18th floor (with vey few lounges) and sexy lobby and rooms.
The rooms are sexy and sumptuous but they are dark, all chocolate brown with black marble bathrooms, I found the darkness oppressive and very hard to do my make up! Ok, girly and frivolous to some, but I never knew if I looked pale and pasty or overdone like a clown! I missed the daylight feel.
As for the personal touch, my husband is such a frequent guest due to work commitments in Bangkok, the general manager left a welcome card. I thought that was pretty poor, it should've accompanied a basket of fruits or chocolates, would've cost nothing but been a more meaningful gesture. Loyalty needs to go both ways, and return guests should be appreciated.
The location is good, a short walk to Chitlom sky rail station at the end of the street and an easy walk to Central World and Siam.

Room Tip: I think they are all fairly similar. The non smoking rooms we had still stunk of smoke :(
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ozzy_trav
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Ozzy_trav, thank you for posting your review on this site. I can feel from your title that whilst you very much enjoy Muse not everything was to your liking. Lighting in the room is obviously an issue for you and I would suggest you try our Yama Residence as they are much lighter room with cream marble rather than black. As for the make-up I am sure that as long as you do not have a plastic red nose and a large daisy flower on your jacket you look nothing like a clown. I am very sorry that you felt my hand written car was not enough to recognize your husband loyalty, some put fruit, others chocolate, I prefer a personal card but I take you comment on board

Thank you again for your feedback and Hopefully see you again soon

Nicolas Peth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
NYC
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Hotel Muse was one of the best decorated rooms I've stayed in, just perfect. Everything from marble bathroom floor, clawfoot bathtub, black out blinds, exquisite wallpaper, lovely paint colors, beautifully decorated ceramic sink, etc. I arrived at 5am and because I'm a platinum Accor member they checked me in and gave me an upgrade. I was greeted with juice on arrival in a very relaxed atmosphere.

The pool is amazing, a view of the city from the a high floor, think 19th. One side of the pool wall is all glass. The view is just spectacular.

Went to the Speakeasy on the top, was ok, but again great views. Food was good at their Thai restaurant, not great at Speakeasy. Service at restaurants could have been improved.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, a great retreat. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Nanette_NYC, thank you very much for posting your review on TA. Well as far as interior design is concern, you’ve said it all and I am glad you appreciated our unique style. Thank you also for mentioning our restaurants, we take your constructive comment on board. Speakeasy since very late November has a new menu inspired by a French Michelin Star Chef so I hope your comment is from before as we have received excellent reviews since early December.
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you are already thinking of coming back.

See you again soon then

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Was staying for my friend birthday, impressive with a welcome drink which got both alcohol and virgin one for optional. Comfy bed and nice decor. One place celebreate cuz there is all you need especially "Speakeasy" rooftop bar.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank luvparty
Dear luvparty, Wow!! Quick but excellent review

See you again soon

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Spent two days at Hotel Muse after spending five days at the Cape House. While I really enjoy staying at the Cape House while in Bangkok the Muse is awhile different experience. If you are a boutique hotel person the Muse is the place to be. Great rooms (and yes the best beds in town), fabulous lounges including two rooftop lounges and jazz music downstairs over the weekend. Plus exceptional anticipatory service.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CollegeProfessor56
Dear CollegeProfessor56, thank you for your very positive and of course the best bit about it is the anticipatory service. Don’t feel I need to add anything as you describe us so well.

Best for now and see you again soon

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed in this hotel for my short holiday to BKK, while previously staying in Centrepoint Chidlom.

Langsuan area fast becoming my preferred place in BKK due to its quiet yet convenient location!

Hotel Muse itself, though pricey, is remarkably sassy and sophisticated, with its unique dark lighting concept.

Rooms are big and clean with a separate bath tub, dressing table, and a huge comfortable king sized bed.

My only two gripes are the sliding doors in the shower cubicle, which might cause an accident if someone was sitting at the toilet bowl at the same time because the door could take off someones toe anytime! (happened to me actually when my partner moved the door as I was taking a dump).

Water temperature somehow was inconsistent too.

Overall I think this is a place, though somewhat pricey, worth staying.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear VincSiow thank you for posting your review on TA. Good to read that you enjoyed our unique interior design and great location. Thank you also for your constructive comment about the shower door our head of maintenance will have a look at it to see what we can do.

See you again soon

Reviewed 9 December 2013

One of the nicest most beautiful hotel I have stayed in. Makes me look forward everyday to return to muse. Breakfast spread is excellent rooftop bar is amazing. It is the ambience and beautiful vintage yet classy style that I love and can't stop taking pictures in the hotel.. Service staff are very well mannered and pleasant. Location is pretty ideal too-we walked to platinum Mall for the trips made there. Of course price is higher but definitely worth it trust me! You will not regret, my fiancé and I are even considering flying there for some of the wedding photos in Muse!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear LynnTSE, wow!!! This is a great compliment about our interior design in your title, thank you so much for leaving such a great review. Looks like there is not much to add to it as you have said it all
We would be delighted if you were to take your wedding pictures at Muse (what about the ceremony?)

See you again soon then

Reviewed 9 December 2013

As close to Gotham you'll ever get without seeing a bat. The atmosphere is dark, broody and romantic.

The service has been top-notch especially from the charming Biw at reception and the lovely gentlemen at the entrance. They've gone out of the way to ensure we arrive safely to the correct destinations with maps and instructions (written and verbal) to the cab drivers. They also helpfully gave detailed directions via BTS when we couldn't secure a cab and were running late for an appointment.

Chit Lom BTS station and Central Chitlom is just a short 10-min walk away and the hotel has a free tuk-tuk service to get you there. Although it's one BTS stop from Siam, where Siam Paragon and Siam Square are, you can take a 15 minutes leisurely stroll there via the Skywalk too.

The beds are as described by the other reviewers, as comfy as I've ever experienced anywhere else. Kids stay for free. The TV emerges from the wooden armoire at the click of a remote control, which thrilled the child (but no batcave to be found). Lots of channels are available, but only 2 for kids. The pool is kid-friendly and they will allow kids up at Speakeasy up to around 10pm.

The bathroom comes equipped with double sink, slippers, hair dryer, bath tub and salts, bath robes and a rain shower. The safe is in a drawer in the wardrobe, and they've an ironing board and shoe polish in there too.

We ate at the Italian restaurant (Medici) as well as ordered room service. The food was excellent at both. Will recommend making reservations for one meal at Medici and be treated to live renditions of classic opera at 15 minute intervals by a quartet of sopranos and tenors. The acoustics were nice and made for a truly memorable experience.

There is great Bangkok street food to be had along Langsuan but only in the morning. Otherwise check out Gaggan or the macrobiotic restaurant along the same street. There are many food joints there, as well as 7-Eleven and a Starbucks.

There isn't a spa menu, but it really isn't necessary. There's a massage place just next door that closes at midnight which is clean and professional at reasonable rates and offers a loyalty programme too.

If I really must find something that they can improve on, it would be the shower - the water pressure and heat wasn't consistent and I found myself constantly adjusting the faucet throughout my bath. But this is really minor considering how well they do everything else.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear junara, thank you for posting a very good and extensive review on TA. A lot of very useful information for others to read. No spa yet at Muse but we should look into it for 2014 I hope. Will have to go and check the massage place next door as often recommended. As for Gaggan one of my favorite as well.

Thank you again for your recommendations and see you soon