“Interesting Decor, fun hotel when it is not crowded”

Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection
Ranked #33 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Berlin, Germany
“Interesting Decor, fun hotel when it is not crowded”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel over New Year's as I had heard that the roof top bar was quite a scene. As it turns out the Rooftop bar was very crowded and the staff became completely overwhelmed and our experience was not so pleasant that evening. In general, over the New Year period, the hotel did seem understaffed as even the breakfast service team was overwhelmed.

I would not stay at the hotel during a very busy period, but during other times I would definitely recommend the place! The beds were super comfortable and inviting. The rooms are done in dark colours definitely giving the speakeasy feel which I loved. One odd note was that the bathroom has clear glass and you can look through from the bedroom area. Fortunately, there are blinds in the bathroom to give some privacy. The location was perfect for me and very near a whole row of malls - but, as we were travelling light, I didn't do any shopping at all.

Pluses: The rooftop bar has a spectacular view, the location, the beds
Negative: During a busy time, the hotel staff does get overwhelmed and there are only 2 rather slow elevators. The pool was very small, so we spent no time at the pool

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ckay09
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear ckay09, thank you for your comment. NYE is the busiest day of the year for Speakeasy and this year was no exception so my apology if your felt the service was not up to our usual standard. We certainly got extremely busy and have taken your comment on board.

Hopefully we look forward to welcoming you back soon at a time when we can exceed your expectations.

Best regards,

Nicolas Peth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed at Hotel Muse for 1 night after island hopping in the south and absolutely loved it! The check-in is smooth and welcoming and the room is very spacious with classy furniture and an extremely comfy bed. The bathroom is stunning and the pool on the 19th floor is amazing with beautiful views over the city. Luckily there weren't many up there were only a few sun lounges but we managed fine. We had drinks at the rooftop bar which adds another star in the book to this hotel, excellent service, cocktails and atmosphere.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear malinado, thank you very much for posting such a great review on TA. Delighted to read that Muse was a heaven for you after your island hoping. Looks like you enjoyed most of what we have to offer and especially the hospitality from the team.
Hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,
Nicolas Peth
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Everything was great. The great hospitality worth the money we paid.
Quite a convenient location. close to two BTS station.
The two drawbacks were the small size swimming pool and the variety of the breakfast buffet was a little disappointing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Hardly bare to leave this hotel. Everything is so amazing. Warm greetings by the staffs the moment I stepped in. Check in was fast with pretty and friendly staffs. Unique welcome drinks are severed. Rooms are absolutely beautiful and come along with expensive furnitures. Bed was so comfy with elegant bed sheet. Bathroom, OMG, I loved the bathtub so much, well sited on marble floor. The dressing table and basin, all these hardly seen in other hotels. The pool is small but I am the only one using most of the time. Great fresh breakfast and yummy room service. What you see in picture is what you get. No edit no gimmicks. Simply fall in love with the hotel's decor.

I stayed in Hotel Muse early February, in which, Politician Demonstration was going on. Hesitated if I am to postpone my trip, I dropped an email to Hotel Muse to allow me to make changes of my travel dates without penalties as Singapore Airline waived off all charges. I was attended by Khimmy, a patient and kind staff. My room was prepaid, therefore if no show, there will be no refund. First email was send for request of amendment of dates as I booked wrong date (was my mistake thou). Followed by my request of postpone of travel dates due to Politician Demonstration. Khimmy patiently attended to all my request, his prompt reply was above my expectation. Being kind and helpful, he updated me situation of bangkok and gave travel me advice. I sincerely appreciate the service he provides me. Good job Hotel Muse.
My stay in Bangkok was safe and excellent. Overall, thumbs up to Hotel Muse. What I paid for is worth the stayed. I could say this hotel is five star service and five star stay. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Get corner Grand Deluxe rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Everything about this hotel is sensational. From the warm helpful greetings from the staff at the door, instantly springing to assist you with your luggage and assist you in getting a taxi, to the receptionists who prepare your welcome by providing a selection of alcoholic and non alcoholic shots, which will bring a smile to anyone’s face. The room itself is pure luxury, and extremely spacious. Being 6 ft 6 I felt dwarfed in the humongous king-size bed, and at times forgot my wife was in there with me, but fortunately the room has 3 phones, so a quick call will help you locate your missing spouse. Every detail of the room is carefully thought out and the bathroom is stunning, with a giant walk in shower and large bath. The Hotel also has a lovely pool and gym located on the 19th floor for those enthusiasts who wish to carry on their fitness.

One of the best features of the hotel, are its restaurants and bars. There is a beautiful Italian restaurant on the ground floor which is a little on the pricey side but offers great service, good quality food and at around 8pm, 2 extremely talented Opera singers. Further up, is a Michelin star restaurant which doubles as a trendy bar with spectacular views overlooking Bangkok's city centre.

This hotel is a must, and is fantastic value for money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple