Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan, MGallery Collection
Ranked #36 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My partner and I booked 3 nights to end up our holidays in Thailand and honestly I didn't want to leave the room, it was amazing! The hotel is just a great experience, the location is perfect, the breakfast is complete and you cannot ask for more, the room we stayed was incredibly perfect, the bathroom, the tub, the mini bar, TV, the view, everything, room service was just excellent, the roof bar has an amazing view of the city and the cocktails are perfect.
Bangkok has many options to offer but definitely hotel Muse has to be your choice.
I can't say anything negative about MUSE I love this hotel.
Definitely will stay every time I will go to Bangkok.
Thank you for the amazing experience.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms without doubts
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan, MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear alseanvittor. Thank you very much for such an amazing review shall I say. Clearly it has been written from the heart and your passion about Muse is clearly conveyed in your writing. You’ve said it all.

Thank you for this great recommendation and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I love the masculine dark and mysterious exterior of the hotel building. Step inside and it exhibited an opulence interiors. We loved the privacy provided during our stay. The room is of decent size which comes with a king size bed that give us a good night rest after we roamed the streets of Bangkok. Breakfast on the 19th floor was wonderful with both western and Thai dishes being served. Across the restaurant is the lap pool and gym where you can do a little workout. The view here is great in the evening.
The evening at Medici kitchen & bar was delightful for us. It was full house. The 2 males and a female opera singers were excellence. Everyone were clapping away after each performance. The hotel service standard is good. Checking in and out were seamless. Location of the hotel is not far from the BTS and some of the malls are just walking distance. We hope to be back soon.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Arthur8998. Thank you for a fabulous review. Very pleased to read that you enjoyed our unique interior design based on the glorious years of travelling. Bed, Bfast, Speakeasy our own roof top bar, Medici Kitchen and bar with our live opera singer, our hospitality and of course our location. The usual suspects are all there in your review.

We also hope that you can come back soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Probably the most stunning city hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. The staff, rooms, bathrooms, food, location. It's all fantastic. From the moment you arrive you feel like royalty, i honestly don't think I have a negative thing to say about this hotel. You must have dinner here, we ate in the Thai restaurant but i have heard through friends who have also stayed here that there is an Italian restaurant downstairs and it's worth a visit for a secret surprise that comes out at the end. You must have drinks in the hotel bar, it's stunning and there's a secret surprise up there too but i won't spoil it but mention you'd like to see the secret room if they don't talk to you about it after you've had a drink.

The rooms are amazing, the most stunning rooms I've ever seen and the bathroom is out of this world! Location is fab and the staff book you taxis for wherever you want to go, the staff make this hotel. The gym is good, the pool isn't the best city hotel rooftop pool i've seen but not bad.

I can't say enough, just GO and see for yourself!!!

Room Tip: Our room was stunning, a double. I think all rooms are amazing.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelMuseBangkok, General Manager at Hotel Muse Bangkok Langsuan, MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear hannie85uk, well just one word from me too..WOW!! what a review full of secrets.

Thank you very much for your recommendations.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was recommended Hotel Muse by a friend who said 'Just go there' so that's exactly what I did.

I arrived at Hotel Muse from Phuket, through Bangkok's congested traffic after landing at Bangkok's airport. However, once me and my wife arrived at Muse, we were checked in relatively fast (Thanks Tim) and guided to our room. A pleasant surprise was to personally meet Nicolas Peth, the Hotel GM who advised us on safety (due to the curfew) and places to go and how to get there, his approach was very warm & welcoming, thank you.

Once in our room (Jatu Deluxe), we were quite happy with cleanliness, decor, toilets etc, the bed was super comfy. I can only imagine what the higher end rooms would be like but this room was very good.

The Hotel itself is located a few minutes away from Chitlom Station (BTS skytrain) which takes you to several tourist spots, malls and markets so this is a big plus point. If not the Skytrain, the hotel staff are kind enough to arrange for meter taxis who will take you to your destination.

During our 4 nights, we'd go for breakfast at the 19th floor restaurant, where we were served daily by Sawitree (Eauy) and Supawadee (Ann). Two friendly waitresses who kick-started our morning with well brewed coffee and smiling service, Thanks! Also, the restaurant manager (we think) Alongkorn was very accommodating as we once arrived a bit late for breakfast however, he managed to get us served. Therefore, the service at Hotel Muse is quite exceptional.

We did not use the hotel pool, it had a nice view but quite small so didn't feel the need, especially after Phuket. The Speakeasy, located on the top floors is worth a visit, a very chic-modern rooftop bar. Since we were out most of the time, its worth to at least enjoy a few drinks here on any given night.

Our Thailand trip ended after 4 nights at Hotel Muse, Once again, I'd like to thank every staff member who made our stay comfortable and worthwhile, we'll be back.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Jadu Deluxe, however we hear the Dowadueng corner deluxe is also very good.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mr K

Dear Mr K, thank you very much for such a positive review (and for mentioning me). Always a pleasure to advise my guests about the “do” and “don’t” of Bangkok. But no more curfew now so there isn’t any “don’t” anymore. Delighted to read that you had such a pleasant experience at Muse and thank you so much for mentioning so many of our great staff. I made sure to thanks them personally for their great hospitality.

We also would like to thank you for your great hospitality and are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My stay at Muse was a delight. The staff is friendly and have a good command of English and they remembered you when you returned after a day out in the hot sun :). The room is amazing in terms of size and layout with several interesting pieces, especially the bathroom!
The location is a plus at Chit Lom, near to BTS and the main shopping area at Siam. You can take a free tuk-tuk out to the main road which is really not that far and if you walk, you can always get a dose of starbucks along the way if that is your thing.
However, the pool is not that big and the view was alright, still nothing to complain about with the location :). A great experience overall for 2 nights.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear huangchan , thank you for your review on TA and for your great feedback. Very pleased to read that your stay with us was simply a delight and that as well as the room you enjoyed our great location, minutes away from the best shopping malls Bangkok has to offer.
See you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I didn't review this place when I stayed 2 months ago. I was extremely unhappy when the airport transfer I booked (and for which I had a confirmation email) simply didn't show up at the airport. After several excuses over the phone (which the Guest Services Manager later admitted to be fibs) they asked me to wait as they arranged alternative transport. I was a bit taken aback when a beaten up old Toyota van showed up - a long way from the BMW which was booked - and I would have been better off getting a cab. They upgraded me on arrival, offered a voucher for a free cocktail at the rooftop bar (which I ended up paying for as the waitstaff didn't explain it was only good for a limited range of drinks and what I ordered wasn't on the 'voucher list') and generally tried to recover. It's a nice property and well located so (as it turns out, against my better judgement) I booked it again for this stay. This time the BMW I booked showed up (but I note wifi wasn't available in the car which is pretty standard elsewhere in such a vehicle these days). When I arrived at the hotel I was 'welcomed back' and offered a room upgrade to a duplex suite. It's very nice. Problem is, the wifi is erratic. The attempt by the technician to boost it has failed. It's clearly just a dead spot in the hotel. I can sit in the restaurants and lobby without a problem but can't get consistent wifi in my room - keeps dropping out. I'd rather a regular room with functioning wifi.

In summary, I won't be back. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me! A stay at a hotel like this should be pretty up eventful. Airport transfer and wifi are core services for a hotel like this. It's a lovely property; they just can't manage it. There are too many other options in Bangkok to bother returning.

PS I'm re-writing and uploading this in the lobby. The wifi in my room dropped out on the first attempt.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sean R

Dear Sean R, thank you for posting your review on TA. Looking at the rather bitter tone of your feedback I can see that we unfortunately for us managed to upset you a second time. Please accept my most sincere apology for any inconvenience caused. We take internet problem very seriously and this is rarely a problem on this site. Our Cars only have WIFI in BMW 7 and you were allocated a BMW 5. It should be available in all our cars in the near future. Please be mindful that we do not advertise WIFI in our car as a selling point. As for the room it is very annoying to read your comment as we conducted a full survey a few months back to make sure that our entire building was dead spot free following some feedback on this very same site. Our Engineer discovered that the wire leading to the router hidden in the desk was disconnected hence the trouble you experienced (no fibs I promise).

Hopefully having stayed twice you would have experienced some of the great hospitality reviews above and below you are referring to and I hope that I may have the opportunity to shall I dare say tempt you back for another visit completely hassle free in a unique property hopefully “well managed”.

Again my sincere apology for the internet shortcomings and please feel free to contact me directly at Nicolas.Peth@accor.com for any future visit so that I can look into it personally.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel in May for 4 nights during our stay in Bangkok, and it was excellent. We paid about $100/night, which seems high by Southeast Asia standards, but it was well worth it. The rooms are gorgeous and spacious, with an amazing claw foot tub- the shade can be raised so you can watch tv (there's a speaker in the bathroom) and relax after a long day of shopping. The hotel is conveniently located near MBK and the big shopping centers. It's not terribly close to JJ market or the temples, but cabs are very cheap in BKK, so it's not an issue (a 45 minute cab ride in the morning rush hour to the temples was $6 for 3 people). Just avoid the tuk tuks offering free or dirt cheap rides (especially near those tourist areas), as they will try and take you to suit and jewelry shops along the way, where they claim to not get paid unless you buy. We lost an entire afternoon that way!

Anyway, back to the hotel- breakfast was included in our stay but I saw other guests who were offered to purchase the breakfast for an additional fee. Breakfast was lovely- lots of fresh fruits, western and Thai options. We also enjoyed the tequila sunrise and Bloody Mary stations. Coffee was excellent.

The hotel also has a speakeasy bar on the top floors- it was also lovely, on the rooftop with a pretty cool view of Bangkok. Drinks were pretty cheap (especially by US standards), yummy cocktails around $9-11.

Gorgeous decor throughout the hotel- loved the modern vintage feel!

Just beware when trying to get rides back to the hotel- few drivers knew what we were talking about. Be sure to carry the hotel info on you, written in Thai (drivers don't speak English). They also didn't want to look at maps when we pulled them up on our phones to try to show the location. If all else fails, tell them Langsuan 55- that's the neighborhood. The ride from the airport was around $15- we'll worth it with all the bags we carried (again, for 3 people). Don't attempt public transit for this ride- it would probably take 2 hours (cab ride was 45 min or so).

Just another disclaimer- there's an Indian restaurant just down the street (Gaggan) that's supposedly ranked as 17th best restaurant in the world. We were not impressed- it's a set menu, and we went for the cheapest option, which cost about $50/person (drinks extra). Stick to delicious and cheap Thai street food!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear lizoest, thank you for your superb review about Muse and of course your tips about transport in Bangkok. I agree with it all but must add that Gaggan is one of my favorite but it is Indian Molecular gastronomy and yes they only have set menu so not your usual chicken Tikka Masala menu I am afraid.

Hope to see you again soon, I can recommend some superb traditional Indian restaurant next time around.