“Excellent tailoring”

Tailor On Ten
Ranked #11 of 457 Shopping in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We are a Canadian-run tailor in Bangkok offering a true bespoke experience at competitive prices.
Munich, Germany
“Excellent tailoring”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

After reading a lot of reviews on tailors in BKK, my brother and I went to ToT due to the praises of satisfied customers. Both of us decided to go with a suit of the same color. Unfortunately, it turned out (about one week later) that they only had enough fabric for one suit and they would not get supplies fast enough for the second suit. However, they offered us a FREE upgrade for the more expensive material of the same color for the second suit!
Now, after an extended testing period of approx. 3 months, I am still fully satisfied with the suit and the shirt. I do posess an expensive suit which is off the rack, and it definitely cannot compete with the ToT suit.
The suits from ToT are not the cheapest you can get in BKK, but they are 100% worth it.
Thank you guys! Perfect job!

Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great service in Bangkok and online”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

On the recommendation of friends I had shirts and suits made by Tailor on Ten when I was last in Bangkok. The quality was excellent and the service terrific. This month I decided to try their online ordering service and once again they did not disappoint. Ordered 4 shirts over the web - online ordering process is easy to use and the shirts were delivered on time. Once again quality was excellent. Will be shopping online again with Tailor on Ten.

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Limited Selection.”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The shop is found at the end of a long walk, right at the end of one of Sukhumvit's Soi's.

Bring plenty of water as the long walk in the Bangkok heat will dehydrate you.

The setting is in a lovely old style house, re-designed for the new business of tailoring.

First up was the choice of material. Disappointingly the selection was rather limited. What I had in mind was sadly nowhere to be seen, not even close.

What I was left with were a few distant options that though nice fabrics, were nothing close to what I had in mind.

Everything else was acceptable enough, though plenty of room for improvement, but of course since the colour was not the right one, then it just became a routine procedure.

Overall this is a good Tailor experience, but if the colour options are not available, then who cares, right?

Maybe if you don't know what you are looking for, or have no sense of colour preference, then this Tailor is good in many other areas.

You won't be disappointed in the overall professionalism, but perhaps the selection will leave you wanting?

To the Tailors on Ten. Take on board this constructive criticism and improve your range, to fit with the modern age and then maybe I would consider giving you another go.

Overall a positive review on service, but a negative review on selection.

3 Thank JasperCruze
TailorOnTen, Manager at Tailor On Ten, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Jasper,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m happy to hear that you found our shop lovely, as we’ve put a lot of energy into making bespoke tailoring with us a pleasant experience. It’s also nice to hear that you enjoyed the service and liked the fabrics. It’s disappointing of course to hear that you were not impressed with our selection.

I’m not sure if you’re talking about suiting or shirting, but as you know we occupy two floors and carry hundreds of fabric options. We have various qualities, all of which are detailed on our website with information and price. We’re one of very few tailors to sell authentic Thomas Mason shirting, Italian Larusmiani cottons and suiting from such world-class mills as Holland & Sherry and Dormeuil.

We are arguably the most modern tailor in Thailand and on a daily basis we serve clients of exceptional taste, whom we invariably help find colors to suit them. Still, we don’t have everything, and some ‘fashion fabrics’ are difficult and expensive to acquire. We constantly evolve our range according to customer’s wishes and so I’m disappointed not to get any specific requests.

I do hope to see you soon. As always, we shall greet you with a cold drink and a tour of the latest arrivals.

Kind regards,

Ben
Kuwait City, Kuwait
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Changing an industry one stitch at a time!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

second trip to TOT in 6 months and they keep getting better. their core philosophy seems to be QUALITY in all that they do!!! not just idle rhetoric either. sumptuous renowned fabrics such as Holland & Sherry, Italian producer VBC, Dormeuil and Thomas Mason to name a few. I had originally ordered a sharp blue wool/mohair sports coat and two TM shirts but had my eye on this gorgeous mid brown VBC...had to get it!!! Ben was super sharp and insightful, I am less than an amateur at all this bespoke business and fashion in general (I am still stuck in the 90's) however Ben was polite and on point...he would not allow me to make a fashion faux pas I would latter regret. real working cuffs, chocolate horn buttons, perfect size lapel for my heavily slopped shoulders and a beautiful striped lining to set it off. besides the sharp clothes I think I am more impressed over TOT's commitment to it's clients. everything from the serene and charming Thai style house, to private dressing rooms, & TOT's use of appointments keeps fashion novices like me calm with out all the distractions some shops may have. you and you alone are their focus. again their dedication to doing things better than they have ever been before is not easy in an industry known for shoddy work and inhaling tourists money. TOT I think sees things from a different perspective, that being totally transparency in all they do. in an age of mass counterfeitings, superstores like Walmarts 'everyday low prices' and tight profit margins, who in the tailoring industry in Asia would go out of their way to have the oldest English shirt/fabric producer come all the way to Bangkok to insure the quality usage of their name brand? Tailor On Ten that's who!!! seemingly small steps like certifying shirting fabric says a lot about their commitment to it's customers who understand the quality concept. this forces their peers to step their game up eventually.hat's off to TOT and their well trained staff for all they do!!!

1 Thank Jay P
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Simply exquisite!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was in Bangkok on the 8 to 12 of April, which was a week before Songkran, tried my luck getting an appointment to tailor a suit but unfortunately, they didn't have time to do one due to their tight schedule, they did however have a slot for a jacket to be done, which i did. TOT is located all the way to the end, of Sukhumvit Soi 8, Walking in and out will be quite a distance, but it's all worth it. The Jacket i made came out perfectly with just two fitting, price wise, TOT isn't the cheapest around, but they sure know their thing when it comes to tailoring. Quality and service, it's all there.

Visited April 2014