“Excellent Service, Amazing products. Premium tailor at an affordable price”
Review of Tailor On Ten

Tailor On Ten
Ranked #22 of 531 Shopping in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We are a Canadian-run tailor based in downtown Bangkok offering a true bespoke experience at competitive prices. We’re obsessive about quality, which is why we offer in-house production quality-controlled at every stage and authentic European fabrics from world-class mills. Our flagship store is located in a beautiful town house on Sukhumvit Soi 8, away from Bangkok’s noise.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The best tailor in Bangkok for international people.

The style is modern, the service is premium and the people are very nice. Everything that you expect from a premium tailor, but still at an affordable price.

The few more dollars spent for their products are definitely reasonable when you finally see the outcome and you compare it to most of the cheap tailors of Bangkok.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"business shirts"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Located on the end of Sukhumvit Soi 8 in an old style Thai House, you instantly feel welcome when getting there. Came back a second time after a very good first experience in Jan 2013.
Service is attentive and efficient, there is a very wide choice for shirts tissues, from the most basic to the most luxurious (though at 3000 THB they remain quite affordable), and you can customize your shirt pretty much however you want it, though they will gladly advise you on what you should choose to fit you best. All employees speak good English, and Ben and his partner are usually present anyway.
After the first trial, they will adapt the pattern for a perfect fit, which they readily achieve. Just know that you have to plan for minimum 3 visits and allow at least 4-5 days between the first and last to give them time to make the shirts. After that, they will keep your measurements and preferences, and provided you body does not change you can order online.
The only drawback is it is cash only in the store (you can pay by paypal if you decide to order online), which can be a pain if you intend to buy more than a few shirts. Also be aware that you should NOT tumble dry their shirts (it's written on the labels), I used to do that on my first batch of shirts and they have lost some of their luster.
I haven't tested their service for tailored suits.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

First of all, I was taken by surprise the different level of service one could get at TOT. If you are white, you get better service. If you are yellow, well depends on how much you spend. if you are black or brown, I wonder what would happen... Sorry I am not born a Caucasian, but I just wish to experience this shop many talked about. The racist Caucasian at the counter offers whites water or even beer, while he treats us as invisible - we were ignored totally. Thankfully, a Burmese worker came to serve me otherwise I would have not even giving a poor rating. If you guys could deliver my suit within 7 days, yes I could have done my suit with TOT, however, you couldn't. I made some shirts though, came out good, no complains. If this particular Caucasian (I wish I could remember his name) thinks that people like us couldn't afford much, you are very wrong. I could have done 3 suits and 5 shirts. However you just couldn't deliver the suits on time. it is good that TOT is trying to things through online and make tailoring convenient. However, I do not condone to racism and therefore advise going there unless you are white. You could have got better service and quality at the same price at the other premium shops along the same street.

8  Thank JamesOngSg
TailorOnTen, Owner at Tailor On Ten, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear James,

I am extremely disappointed to hear your views on our service experience, and I must say that you are plainly wrong. Every member of staff has spent many years in Asia by own choice and each of us loves it here. Racism would never be tolerated, but luckily that is not a problem we face. We have both staff and clients from every corner of the world, including a huge number of Singaporeans and Thais. As you can tell from the reviews below, they visit us regularly thanks to our consistently high level of service and quality.

Our staff is instructed to offer every customer water or beer, but surely who offers it to you can’t be of importance. I am certain the Thai member of staff that served you was just as qualified as the Western gentleman. We try to give every customer a personal and pleasant experience, which is why we assign a single fitter to guide clients through the process. Sometimes one will be busy and another one will serve new customers, this has nothing to do with skin color. We would never assign staff based on ‘desired’ skin color. We are also in the lucky, yet difficult position of being extremely busy, which means that occasionally production times increase due to workload or illness, as we solely employ our own, highly skilled tailors rather than outsourcing to sweatshops.

We do appreciate your feedback and I’m happy to hear that your shirts came out perfect and conveniently. Referring to our email conversation, where you after writing this review still stated that “You guys rock!” and that you want to come back, I hope we have clarified this misunderstanding.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Knew about TOT since last year during my job stint in BKK. Decided to make a weeding suit through them. The experience with them is compared to none others. I would say by far it is better than my experience with CYC Singapore. The attentiveness that Ben and Arun gives are commendable. As a returned customer, it's like entering into a candy store for men compare to ladies entering designer bags stores.

Way to go TOT!