“Nice hotel with very good staff but bad management”
Review of Aspira Hiptique

Aspira Hiptique
Ranked #708 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 27 March 2014

i've been travel to bangkok for the first 25-27 march 2014, i choose this hotel because its look nice and comfortable.. in the day i check in, the AC is not working and is so hot in room and then i ask the girl in Front Office and she is very nice.. and then the problem fix they really helping me, i know its not their fault but the management fault .. they give me free breakfast as apology.... oiya the hotel little bit far from main street, and the shower heater sometimes not really hot... but i will come back to this for sure... hope they provide transportation to main street next time.. :) Rendy & Rani Mamahit .. (our website) www.rajatrip.com

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed during the protest so enjoyed a good deal. The room was Ok (for the price). Although not too far from the skytrain the walk was not pleasant - uneven and often non-existent pavement on a very busy road.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I booked into this hotel for one night. The room is modern, quite European I think, clean and comfortable. It's a bit of a walk from the Nana Skytrain station, but they have a free shuttle so if it's hot or raining or you just don't want to walk, they will happily drop you off at the Sky Train.
The restaurant provided the best complimentary breakfast I've had in Thailand. The shower is situated so that it's very difficult to keep all the water in the tub. Hand held shower nozzles are not my thing, but it's not a big deal. I will most likely stay here in the future, especially if I'm to be in the same area. I had a non-refundable booking thouugh Booking dot com, but my travel plans had to change. Booking dot com called the hotel and got the dates changed with absolutely no hassle!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night on our way to Railey. Hotel is clean and close to the airport. Restsurant food is good, although not extremely divers. Reception desk was polite, friendly and gave free upgrade due to baby issues. I would say its a good overnight stay but would not want to spend long time.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I booked this through agoda for about $30usd per night for 2 ppl with a king sized bed, no breakfast.
The hotel is 15 min walk from Nana BTS skytrain line station, which is super handy and cheap to get from from the airport.
First look, it looked great, big room, nice big bed, big shower, flat screen tv, mini fridge, air cond, etc but we soon found the mini fridge didn't keep anything cold, the air con was not very effective, the safe didn't work, the duvet cover and pillows had big tears in them and the floor wasn't clean, like it hadn't been vacuum properly, and there was no toilet paper.
But, after a few calls to the front desk, they replaced the fridge and got us some tp, and after a few hours we could tell the air con was at least doing something. Bed is very comfortable though.
Maybe you get what you pay for here.
Also the restaurant upstairs is nothing to rave about, convient with a large selection but pretty average for the price. They'd be better to go for quality not quantity in their selection.
Nice and quiet location and free tuktuk to skytrain.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed here for 14 nights starting my long holiday in Thailand.
After becoming a good deal I decidee i try this hote. And i do not regret it.
Hotel looks more than OK and clean. Rooms are OK as well and every day cleaninglady do a good job. The only thing which is a little disappointing is the breakfast. But I never book myself breakfast at a hotel anymore, in BKK so many options for finding good breakfast.
Lesson learned.
Pool was small but effective. One small minor detail: only 3 poolbeds!!!!!!
I sure would recommend this hotel, but make sure you know where it is, cause most taxidrivers do not know it! Back soi of soi 13

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Marc G
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We had such high hopes for this hotel due to them being so helpful up to the run up of our stay in the hotel - we attended 2 weeks prior to our stay to see if we could leave baggage as we we're heading down to the islands in thailand and sure enough the hotel was most accomodating to our needs. This is where it ended.

We arrived on our night stay in this hotel after booking on booking.com - By mistake myself and my friend both booked for this hotel for 2 rooms 1 night, this was not picked up but the hotel and we have therfore been charged double, had we had enjoyed our stay I can't see why an extra £10 each would be an issue between the 4 of us however due to the imcompitance of the reception staff we feel very sour graped about the matter.

We had 2 rooms - on entry the room looked plush and lovely however one room smelt so strongly of garlic and was horrible for my friends to sleep in and the other had the air conditioning leak through the night causing a huge pool of water to the entrance of the room and with a solid surface almost caused me to trip.

The rooms look lovely and plush as I said on entry however the rooms are so worn... they really really really need some TLC! they are nice rooms but they are not finished to a standard that they should be and it's simple things they can easily do which would make the rooms look lovely and expensive.

Our booking included 1 room for breakfast but the other without due to some issue on booking.com (we had experienced this with another hotel so were fine with this) we knew we then were splitting the cost of the 2 other breakfasts however when going up to breakfast we were refused advising no rooms had breakfast included, this was then checked with the receptionist down stairs - I then went down and had to ask for the confirmation to the booking in order to point out where it states 2 persons breakfast was included however by this point we had no time to go back and eat due to needing to leave for the airport.... The only offering they made was to box the breakfasts up, no refund to make the price of the room equal to one another.

that is we thought we were leaving for the airport! the hotel had failed to arrange our transport as requested the night before, the receptionist made no effort or showed no panic at the thought we were in a rush to get to the airport to check in for our international flight, the only person to make any effort to grap us a taxi was the sercuity man! the receptionists just sat there.

We tried to complain at the hotel about the hotel and although they are Thai they were the best english speaking of all the hotels we stayed in and they understood the complain just refused to do anything about it, I have then come home and written to them by email over a week ago with the complaint - I would have thought as a big chain hotel we would get something back however they have ignored the complaint again. We have now had to write to booking.com in hope of getting some answers and for the complaint to be resolved as I cant honestly understand why the advertise such a rubbish hotel.

Room Tip: Just dont book - thats the best tip I can give.