“Great location”

LiT BANGKOK Hotel
Ranked #74 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
“Great location”
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

Great location, next to the skytrain and shoppingmalls like MBK for example. Good service (friendly and helpfull staff), nice Thai main courses in the restaurant, clean and stylish room, but.... WHY A CURTAIN AND NO DOOR TO CLOSE THE BATHROOM? I have read it in other reviews so I was warned, but I really don't understand this decision. Please Lit Hotel, put a door in the room, that would make it perfect.

• Stayed May 2013
Experience2012, General Manager at LiT BANGKOK Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear Jopie321,

Thank you for staying at LIT! Bangkok and taking the time to share your experiences with the TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to learn that you have had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our service. Your gracious comments on our tasty meal and cleanliness is also appreciated. This is a part of our Smart Service Standards that continue training and recurrent to all staff.

Regret to hear your comment regarding curtain partition at the bathroom of Different Degree. Actually, it’s part of our room design to have soft Vs hard. Your comments on this part is very useful for us to understand customer preference that we always collect to source out when we have opportunity to adjust. Hope this matter does not mar your overall LIT! experience.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and looking forward to be at your service again soon.

Warm regards,

Sunee U-Thaikittisup

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 21 May 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I checked into LIT for my birthday and it was perfect. The staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful and the hotel is beautifully furnished, with fantastic facilities and in a great location.

We checked into our room the afternoon of my birthday and, having not told the staff (only having shown them my passport at check in), it was such a sweet surprise when two staff members knocked on our door holding a meringue birthday cake. It was so thoughtful...and the cake was absolutely delicious! As a guest you also get a complimentary foot massage in the beautiful on site spa, and a cocktail in the bar. The attention to detail in the rooms was astounding, it seemed that everything had been thought through and considered for both style and comfort.

What a treat, and so nice to stay in a hotel with such an interesting, original character. Thanks again LIT!

• Stayed May 2013
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I liked this hotel because I think that it is worth every penny. For me it is important that I do not feel like they took and advantage of me after I leave the hotel. I liked the design outside and inside. But the design is only one thing. The location is excellent and I did find the staff to be pleasant. You can walk around the area and end up shopping easily. Siam Discovery was my favorite of the malls. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family. I would even come back myself if I would be in Bangkok again. My last sentence is a warm thank you because the team deserves it..

Room Tip: Far away from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
budapest
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Me and my wife love to travel to independentlyu owned and funky hotels. And now that we have a baby (4months old) we will pass this love onto him as well!
we choose to stay at the LIT because we liked the reviews and it looked like a place that is different. And we were happy with our choice.
The location is excellent, close to both BTS trains and to siam paragon which we loved dearly.
The rooms are nice and very silent so we have enjoyed it.
The breakfast was good and enough for a city hotel - and for the price of the room we would not complain. If you are staying for longer time you might get bored with it a bit but there are so many options to have breakfast that I would not worry about it.
The staff is nice and friendly. The hotel has a pool -but I honestly do not think that you will spend a lot of time in it in bangkok. it jsut seems like the city has too much to offer to relax.
I would recommend going to the evening markt that is very close to the hotel it is so much fun......

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 14 May 2013

The hotel is within walking distance to many of Bangkok's shopping centers, e.g. MBK, Siam Discovery, Siam Paragon, etc. The location is a bit hidden so make sure you print the map and show it to the taxi driver to save some time for the guy to ask for directions. I am really satisfied with the room -- it's big and different from other hotels I had been before. One night I found that there was a water leaking from the shower into the bed side, called the room service, and they were really responsive. We were moved to another room in the same floor within just 10 mins (I could have asked for an upgrade, but chose not to). One down side I found was the swimming pool. It is very small and the view isn't great at all as it's only overseeing the residential area in the neighborhood. Overall the service was excellent and the value for money is good.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank whydowetravel
Salzburg, Austria
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed in Bangkok for only two nights, so we were really happy that we choose The Lit Hotel. It is located next to big shopping Malls (MBK, Siam,...) and it is really easy to get anywhere from that location. We did not have a lot of time so that saved us a lot of it.
Hotel is looking special, different, really modern.
Everyone treats you really well and we really loved everything.
Rooms are modern, like everyone is saying, a bit different.
You even get complimentary value for mini bar use, you get a free massage with Afer Shopping Cream (which was really cute) and the pool is really nice.
If we will return to Bangkok (and I am pretty sure that we will), we will book this hotel for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TaiaY
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Beautiful rooms with a nice room concept.
Nice breakfast area and a warm patio pool area. It feels like a oasis to excape from the hyper active area that is around the corner.

The spa area is a nice place to relax after a long stay or walk at the near shopping malls Paragon Siam or MBK.

• Stayed June 2012