“Greaaat”

Mount laurel
“Greaaat”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Stayed there just for 2 nights but just loooved it
Close to everything walking distance to shopping centers
But what I loved the most the staff makes you feel like home
They were always ready to help and will give you good advice.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank skjelani

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This was my second stay at The Lit. Once again the staff excelled, from being greeted by a familiar face, to being remembered by staff at dinner. I enjoyed the experience as much as I did the first time.
The closeness to Siam Square made shopping easy to get to. As well as the central station for the BTS made getting to Sukumvit very simple.
Loved it and will return.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Colin R
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 August 2013

At the risk of raining on previous reviewers’ parade, I unfortunately was not as sold on the Lit Hotel in comparison to others. I have stayed in a variety of hotels in Bangkok and I am unsure as to what all the fuss about The Lit was and why it was rated so highly on TA. Don’t get me wrong, it is a comfortable hotel and serviceable if that is what you are after…..but in comparison to other hotels of the same 4.5 rating, it just did not do it for me.
Firstly, location. While this hotel is within walking distance to the main shopping precinct (as are any number of other hotels) its actual site seems strange to me. It is on a side street off the main road amongst local houses and businesses. The façade obscures any view you may want to take in from your room and even if you could see easily through your window, you certainly won’t be overlooking the city skyline. Also, I am not sure if construction near the hotel is affiliated with them or not, but noise works started one morning at 5.30am…..maybe the price you pay for being among local businesses? I have stayed on the main strip and never had a problem with noise disturbance so to me this hotel was not a better choice if looking for a quiet lie in.
The rooms are different and do have a wow factor to them but to some degree like most architecturally appealing buildings, it fails when it comes to practicality. The bathroom is literally half the size of the room and it appears beautiful but its narrow design and lack of shelving space really deem it odd at best. The rest of the room comes equipped with what any other hotel room in the city would provide….TV (with not all functioning channels), DVD player, mini bar and study nook and seems to be severely lacking in natural light due to the building design. Another example of a poor design is the minute coffee table provided…..can’t really eat a meal off it and unsure as to why it is even included in the already minimised room.
Breakfast is buffet, again nothing extraordinary, in actual fact, I thought it was a bit light on in terms of variety and what I have experienced at other hotels. It is nice enough though but I would not pay roughly 600 baht for it……………..
The staff do their very best to ensure you have a comfortable stay and I cannot fault them. I think the added extras such as the complimentary 10 minute foot massage, the additional 110 baht afforded on the mini bar, free Wi-Fi and coffee facilities in the lobby are indeed necessary in order to keep this hotel slipping into the average category based on its star rating.
Overall my stay was OK but I could not rave about how great the hotel was, I was slightly disappointed with it overall. I enjoyed my time in BK and the staff at The Lit were delightful but unfortunately it was not enough to make me want to return in the future, I would personally prefer to be in a slightly different location in a different hotel room (especially).I don’t mean for this to sound really critical, there were no actual events that I experienced that impacted me in a negative way, but based on others’ reviews, The Lit sounded exceptional and maybe my expectations were too high. For me in the past, the Renaissance has been excellent but the prices seem to have increased since I originally stayed there and I have also found the more affordable Novatel Pleonchit to be on the same par as these types of hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Shamrocktraveller1
Experience2012, General Manager at LiT BANGKOK Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear Khun ShamrockTraveller,

Thank you for sharing your partial satisfaction of your recent stay with us. We are also very happy to hear that our service level meets and partly beyond your expectation.

Your displeased points are mostly from the location and design:

- Location: we are located in Soi Kasemsan 1, opposite MBK and National Stadium, just a 100 meters walking to or from main streets. (we put streets with ‘s’ because you can walk to Rama I and link to BTS National Stadium Station or walk to the other side to reach BTS Ratchathewi Station on Phayathai Road.) This is very easy access to either and this location is surrounded with local residential and some hawkers selling street food. This is somehow makes you feel part of the local community and convenience to complete your shopping list.

- Room Design: We believe you are talking about our “Different Degree” room. This is a very new perspective of hotel room design aiming to change the routine of staying in a hotel room for guests who love to enjoy the difference. In the area where activities require more space, the bigger space is allocated. In the area where less space is needed; for example passage in bath room, less space is allocated There are two locations of shelves.

- Façade: This design focuses on Ecology. Apart from making the building looked unique, it works as sunscreen, which help energy saving.

- Construction: This is actually from our new small & unique service residence project which will be completed in a very near future. We never have a policy to allow the works start before 9 a.m. and normally finish at 6 p.m. as not only do we concern our guest’s experience but also all residents’ in the same area.

At LIT!, the 79 rooms hotel, we opt to serve breakfast in “Club” style where guests can select their cold items, bread and varieties Asian and International dishes from the buffet, while we prepare a la minute and served your selected hot items. It can ensure better food taste, quality and breakfast lifestyle. We are sorry that this type of arrangement and set up is different from your preference.

We appreciate that you compared our hotel with many other luxury 5-star properties in the city. Our hardware and level of service is really comparable. Some of your comments are cheerful. Some give us the opportunity to share back the facts. Some are for us to think from a different view point and may have opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed at the Lit hotel for two nights! The staff were very nice and helpful!
The room design is quite unique! Mirror around you, I took some interesting pics with my partner.
The bed is big and comfortable!The blue lights make our room very romantic during the night!
Close to the metro station and big supermarket!
Great!

1 Thank Julia L
Dear Khun Julia L.

It’s very nice to learn that you like our room design with mirror, as well as the light and shadow which we designed to respond to the varying guest moods daytime and nighttime.

Thank you for sharing us your opinion and we do hope to welcome you back soon at LIT Bangkok Hotel, the unique character hotel in heart of shopping district.

Willow Vale, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I only stayed at The Lit for one night while in transit. When I arrived at the hotel early morning I found the travel agent has booked me for next night, which I had also overlooked, by mistake. The reception staff were wonderful making the necessary adjustments, and lucky for me they had a free room, I was able to check in straight away and they were kind enough to allow me a later checkout as I had a night flight. Great location just 5 minutes walk to MBK and skytrain, in a quiet side street. Good food at restaurant, all the staff extremely helpful, courteous and very professional. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

2 Thank Dotty_813
Dear Khun Dotty_813,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments to Tripadvisor readers.

It’s impressive to read our team has done a great job and met your expectations. Your feedback will serve as an additional inspiration to consistently maintain the high standard of service.

It’s our hospitality in offering early check in and late check out to our guests if we have the availability.

We are looking forward to be at your service again for your next visit soon.

Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This hotel had great service, small and friendly, they gave us their best room an upgrade we were not expecting, restaurant quite small but big enough to cater, nice pool , views not great down a back street, however, 2 minute walk to shopping centres which are huge!! great place, would go back.

Room Tip: we have only stayed on 7th floor, awesome

3 Thank vicki s
Dear Khun Vicki S.

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Bangkok. We are pleased to learn that you find our variety of service offered delightful.

Our property is a low rise, 7 stories building, therefore, guests can expect to see more the facts of the city life and neighborhood scenery rather than bird’s eye view. Anyhow, with the central of shopping street location, guests always find the comfort and convenience.

We all would be delighted to welcome you back soon.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We really enjoyed staying at the Lit Bangkok, it was everything the reviews we read had promised. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, the standard of English is excellent and the breakfasts are delicious (definitely worth paying a bit extra for!). The staff went out of their way to make the experience special and there are many nice touches which made this hotel stand out. It has the comfort of a large chain hotel with the intimacy of a small boutique hotel. The location is excellent, close to public transport and close to a great shopping area. The shuttle "tuk-tuk" which ferries hotel guests to and from the station is an additional bonus. I highly recommend this hotel as it was one of the best hotels I have had the pleasure of staying at. I would definitely stay there again.

1 Thank NettaHayward
Dear Khun NettaHayward,

It’s always our pride to read positive feedback from our guests especially compliments to the efficiency level of our service team.

This’s the little charming services from small properties that suppose to provide better than a big one as we’ve got more opportunity to meet and talk to our guests, to understand their requirement.

Thank you for sharing your happy moments to us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to share some more lovely moments again in the near future.