“Great hotel with the best location”
Review of LiT BANGKOK Hotel

LiT BANGKOK Hotel
Ranked #75 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“Great hotel with the best location”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Firstly, we arrived at the hotel with a warm and friendly welcome.
We paid for an extra half day due to a midnight flight and the staff member who checked us in gave us an extra 2 hours in the room free of charge.
There were 3 of us so we booked the triple room. The room was very modern, the 3 beds were comfortable and the little lounge was very accommodating. The bathroom was great but the sliding door didn't close all the way so you had to hide in the back of the bathroom or in the toilet not to be seen.
The daily mini bar allowance was very handy (like having a free Chang Beer every night!) and the daily stocked ice bucket helpful.
The pool was lovely and quiet, the gym well equipped and the restaurant was lovely (also having the best toilets I had seen in the whole of Thailand!).
Breakfast was ample. They had the best pineapple I ate whilst in Thailand...no small feat.
The Spa was excellent and the discount we received after missing out on their daily special (between 10am-2pm) was generous.
Even though I gave a 5 rating (mostly due to the friendliness of staff and the location) we did have some minor problems or areas we think the hotel can improve on.
We had some issues with housekeeping, like neglecting to replenish toilet paper daily (we had to call daily for another roll) and missing mini bar paperwork (so we couldn't tell how much things cost or tick off what we had consumed). I also felt the prices at the bar were quite high...would be nice to have some kind of happy hour as the outdoor area is very inviting.
I would also look at using the train to get to and from the airport instead of using their transfer. We were informed by our driver that the 1500 BHT one way was incredibly expensive. A free transfer could definitely be included in the price of your room like other hotels in Thailand offer.
Nonetheless, the staff were friendly, the room was great and the location was brilliant.
You are located in a little soi off a main road that takes you directly to MBK, all of the Siam Malls and you are right near National Stadium Sky Train Station. Take the Sky Train all over Bangkok - it's incredibly cheap and it's also the quickest way to get to your destination.
There's not a lot of restaurants nearby but we ate at the shopping malls most of the time. In particular, the MBK Fifth Avenue Food Court which is incredibly cheap for food and drink with food from all over the world. If you eat Thai, you’ll eat cheaply.
Thank you to all of the staff at The LIT Bangkok for a great stay!

2 Thank zeus08

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Just completed my 2 nights stay in Lit! Hotel Bangkok and the hotel is great. I decided to book this hotel after reading the reviews online and thought it would be good to try it out. I booked directly from the hotel's website and took the cheapest rate available without breakfast (around $100sgd / night) and the exciting part is that i wouldn't know which room (either Extra Radiance / Different Degree Room) i would get until upon check-in.

On my booking form, i requested for a twin bed on a high floor and the hotel has been very obliging.. they fulfilled both my requests and i got a room on the top floor (7th floor) although there's not much of a view. So not come expecting a room with fantastic view cos you will end up being disappointed. That's not their selling point anyway.

The rooms is consider spacious even with 2 x single bed + 1 chaise lounger fitted in. The extra radiance room which i had gotten eventually is more suitable for couples if you wanna enjoy the stand-alone bath tub which is just seperated by a panel of curtains from the sleeping area (unless you bring a bikini or smthg). Other than that, there's still seperate shower + WC area with doors but they can't be locked that's all.

If i have any complain about the room, it would have to be the A/C that is working too well. Most of the time, i find that the A/C is too cold and despite trying to turn it to a higher temperature (ard 23deg) and to a lower fan speed, it's still pretty strong and cold in the room. Even at the lowest fan speed, the a/c is still blasting away and it is slightly noisy.

Location wise, it's a short 3-5 mins walk to the nearest National Stadium BTS which is connected to MBK and Siam Discovery Centre as well... very convenient definitely. One of the perks is that the hotel provides a tuk tuk shuttle to the BTS station and it comes in very handy cos it has been raining on the days that i was there. The only problem with the location is probably that most cab drivers are not familiar with the location of this hotel. Make sure you print out the location map provided on the hotel website to show to the driver.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends / family and would probably stay there again if i wanna be near that area for shopping in future trips to Bangkok. On a last note, i must say that the staffs' service has been very attentive and helpful!

2 Thank janjansim
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My wife and I stayed in a Different Degree Room for two nights while on our honeymoon after visiting Koh Samui. The rooms are very modern with layouts that are unusual from most hotels, but work. The only thing that didn't make sense to me is the location of the toilet in our room.
The gym (Jim) was exceptional with pretty much any piece of equipment you'd need to get in a good workout and was well maintained. The pool (Pooh) was on the 2nd floor roof. I took a dip and swam a few laps while lazying around one of the mornings.
The complimentary breakfast had a wide spread and eggs to order. Before going out at night, we sat on the deck outside the restaurant and had a couple glasses of wine. The service was great all around.
My wife got a massage and said it was probably the best she's ever had.
Regarding the location, despite being in a central part of the city, the only attraction we found directly around us was the mall. However, the rail stop is right down the street, which got us around the city. I wish I had done a little more research on the area before visiting and maybe I would've found something else in the area.
I would definitely stay here again if I find myself in Bangkok. The staff particularly helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jason7736
West Sussex
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed at Lit for 2 nights at the end of our holiday in Thailand, when we first arrived I wasn't sure about the side street location of the hotel, after we checked in we decided to go and explore the surrounding area, well if you turn right out of the hotel and cross the road you are in MBK centre - literally a 3 min walk, also the National Stadium Sky train station is located in the same area as MBK, my main point to stop in Bangkok was to shop so the Lit was in the perfect location for us. The hotel itself is really modern and has everything you could possibly need, the rooms are all done in a quirky style, we were in a different degree room and I loved how the bathroom was built around the back of the room to give more space in the bedroom, I also liked the little extras they did, for example they offer a free 10 minute after shopping massage per stay, a celebration drink at 1830 daily and who could forget the Pink Tuck Tuck that is there to whiz you here there and everywhere free of charge. The food at the hotel was also really good, there was a good breakfast buffet daily and we did eat in the restaurant twice for dinner, they have lots of good offers which make it cost effective. All in all I loved the style of the Lit and would recommend it for anyone wanted to shop till they drop in Bangkok.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely.
1 Thank kdswestsussex
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I had flown in on a red eye night flight to Bangkok and was tired and really wanted to get a shower. I arrived VERY early at 7:30am when I only had a booking for the next night. I asked them if they had any room and I would pay for an extra night. While they scrammed to prepare a room for me they took me to the spa area where I was all alone and had a shower and freshened up. By 9AM they had the room ready. They charged nothing extra for the early checkin. The room was very charming and nice. The location of the hotel is perfect, walking distance to the skytrain. It was my first time in Bangkok and I found it very easy and cheap to get from the airport to this hotel using only the cool air-conditioned train. I will most definitely go back to this hotel when I go back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank 720p
London
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed 5 nights at the LIT in Aug-13, and overall had a very enjoyable stay. The hotel is located about a 5 minute walk from the train line and 10 minutes from a number of major shopping malls. our room was well priced, and the hotel is still quite new and well equipped with a good size pool, spa/sauna, free internet access etc. The staff were very friendly, particularly in the restuarant, which also served an excellent breakfast with a buffet offering a good range of hot and cold food and a choice of made-to-order hot meals.
A few negatives were: 1) our room was slightly oddly designed in that there was no separate bathroom - the sink and bar fridge, tea/coffee making facilities etc shared the same bench space, and the bath was also in the room with you (although there was a curtain that could be placed around it). That said, the room was a good size and in good condition; 2) there is another hotel being built immediately next door, so our view consisted of a construction site, and will eventually be blocked entirely once the new hotel is completed; 3) we ate one dinner in the restaurant and ordered very traditional Thai meals - a duck stir fry and a massaman curry - while these were enjoyable, they included a number of unusual ingredients (in an apparent attempt to provide a "new" twist) which didn't really work and the servings were very small for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank marknmeils
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

I stay in this hotel during new year.
This hotel is paradise! I read many review about the location and they are true! This hotel is just a few steps from busy town(center of Bangkok). When you arrive at the hotel, you will feel like home, their staffs are super friendly. I feel so relax when stay at this hotel. Don't forget to try their spa, kiriya spa!, one of the best I have ever tried. I will definitely come back to this place again!

• Stayed January 2013