“Total relaxation”

Ranked #72 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“Total relaxation”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

If you want the hustle and bustle of a large hotel, this is not the place for you. If you don't want to fight for toast at breakfast, this also isn't the place to stay, and if you find it hard to find a spot beside the pool, don't stay here.
However, if you want some piece and relaxation in a great location, then this is the place for you. Staff are friendly and helpful and go out of their way to make your stay more enjoyable. Rooms are nicely designed and spacious with good amenities. I've stayed at many hotels in Bangkok and so far, this is my pick.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel’s interior and exterior are beautifully designed – clean and comfy. The only concern is that we have to access the pool and gym from level 1 and have to walk up the stairs. Breakfast was limited but u can ordered something special from their breakfast list. The hotel was about 5mins walk from BTS/ MBS and can be quite dim-lit at night. Overall still a nice place to stay. :)

Room Tip: I was staying at the corner room of level 3. The bathtub and WC was like 20m away from each other! h...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel’s interior and exterior is beautifully designed – contemporary, fresh and comfortable. It is almost impossible to believe that it can be so quiet and yet you are a mere block away from one of the busiest intersections in Bangkok. I have never experience such service in any hotel – from every staff member. Breakfast was awesome (both Eastern and Western). Drinks and eats more pricey but the food was fresh and absolutely delicious. Some reviewers had problems with the open bath, didn’t bother us. Rooms are soooo spacious and lush. Complimentary water and tea and coffee. Swimming pool and bar areas beautiful. Gym looked inviting but after sightseeing on one’s feet all day it wasn’t an option. Would love to stay here again. (one thing: the aircon is effective and rather noisy!)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here from 16-20 April 2014. Good value for money. In the middle of the shopping frenzy.
Walking distance to MBK, Siam Paragon and Central World. Short Tuc-Tuc ride to Platinum Fashion Mall and Technology heaven, Pontip Plaza. Very good hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Excellent location, in the middle of an excellent part of BK. Extremely good service as you would expect from a Bangkok hotel and very modern, clean environment. Wouldn't hesitate to stay in this hotel again in the future. Breakfast and Spa facilities were also a highlight!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank LeoBadderz
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was very unwell when I arrived at the hotel having suffered a bad bout of food poisoning 3 days before. I was weak, had trouble standing for long periods of time, and was just feeling very run down and needed to sleep and drink lots of fluids. I arrived at 730am and the lady at reception - I think her name was Gnb (?), can't remember exactly, apologies - was extremely kind and helpful. She rushed to meet me, made sure someone had my bags, sat me down at reception, checked me in, and, most importantly, let me have the room around 7 hours early. I don't think check in opens officially until 2pm so as you can imagine, I was very grateful to be allowed to check in well in advance of this, and at no extra cost. 5 stars already as far as I was concerned.

I had pre-booked this hotel a good couple of months in advance and in order to be close to the shops, but that was out of the question given how I was physically. However, the stay in the hotel made up for this. My bags arrived to my room and were delivered by the porter - so no lifting needed from me - and the rooms was cool, dark, and quiet. I was able to rest and recover in peace and in a calm, quiet atmosphere. The noise did pick up a bit later - I had asked for a quiet room - but I think it's testament to the excellent service that when I called to ask about the music I could hear (Lady Gaga at the pool outside and in front of my window), reception apologised and turned it down. It was still audible but I could sleep in peace. This was very much appreciated.

The room itself is lovely. It's spacious and decorated in muted colours, with a minimalist feel. It was very stylish and fashionable. The A/C worked well and was easy to operate, and the bed had to honestly be the comfiest I have ever experienced. I wondered what sheets they used, and if they were Egyptian cotton as they were so, so comfy. I think I fell asleep after approximately 20 seconds!

There is a mini bar in the room and the allowance for that was a nice touch. The shower was also great: really powerful, and it has a hand held as well as a rainfall setting.

I really don't know why there are peopled complaining about a curtain separation between the bathroom and the bedroom. It is more than sufficient. I also read a review where someone said that the laundry bag does not have a price on it and it is not clear whether it can be taken for your own use. Well, it is clearly marked with a price, and in any case, even if it wasn't, it is obvious that it is the hotel's property and not for a guest to take. I don't understand why these things are issues for people: these are not issues at all.

The check out was just as efficient as the check in, A man called Bob assisted me and he struck the right balance between being friendly but also professional. Bob was very cheerful, and really professional. He escorted me to the door, found me a taxi, and the very nice porter, who always had a smile on his face - didn't catch his name - carried my bags to my taxi for me.

This hotel was brilliant value for the price. I received a voucher from Bob when I checked out giving me money off my next stay and I definitely intend to use it. It was unfortunate that I could not make the most of my stay because I was so unwell, but frankly, I cannot think of a better place to be unwell in. I was taken good care of and the hotel was very kind and accommodating. Excellent service, beautiful surroundings, and there really isn't anything that the hotel could improve upon.

I look forward to going back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Enchantedprincess
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Visited with family in Nov 2013

Pros:
1. Room – you will like it if you crave for something different; the washrooms do not have any bolts/locks, the bathtub is in the room, the shelf & the basin are one – We knew about these things & wanted to experience the same. It was not bad for us, for sure.
2. Service – amazing, prompt, helpful, extremely polite staff
3. Resort ambience – very nice layout, spic & span
4. Pool – well maintained, not too deep (in other words, safe for my 6-year old), but fun overall
5. Location – walking distance to the main malls (including MBK mall, where you find loads of deals year around).
6. Eating-out – lots of options for eating-out from Thai to Italian to sea food options, in the near vicinity
7. Breakfast Buffet – you would love it if you relish all sorts of meat & sea food – good spread
8. Room Amenities – all great, hot & cold water 24 hrs, TV, mini-bar

Cons:
Can’t think of any
Otherwise, keep up the good work guys!! Would recommend your hotel to all my friends who plan to visit Bangkok!

And thanks TripAdvisor & its patrons, for helping me make the right choices for my trips…

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family