“Better than my expectation”

Rongratana Executive Residence
Ranked #428 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Better than my expectation”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This hotel has offered us better than our expectation. It was our first time staying in service apartment or so called Executive Residence. There was a room for improvement. But this place does not need to as being unique place to stay in Lang Suan Area...and more importantly....staying there made us feel like Home...

Room Tip: If a good room means BIG...This place can offer. If a good room means comfortable...this place can o...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PoomyTheBear

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
London
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed here in a very well appointed serviced apartment, six people for two nights worked out to around SGD 50pppn. Excellent location, opposite the Grande Hotel Ville Bangkok.
The hotel is about ten minutes walk from the nearest BTS with nice hotels surrounding it.

The front desk staff are very friendly, the breakfast was included in our stay between 7am and 10am and was pretty good fare.

The beds were comfortable, the bathrooms spacious and clean. The thing that stood out about this hotel was that it was clean and the staff were attentive as well as the rooms were very nice inside.

The rooftop terrace and pool were also a major plus.

Kitchenette area was very handy for those who don't like to go out for food all the time and proximity to the shopping areas was only a few USD cab ride away each way.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sammone40
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Booked this hotel through booking.com and it was a steal for the price. Check in was very easy and took a very short amount of time.

Room was exactly like pictures and was beautiful. It was nicely furnished and very clean in the room. The rooms have a fully functioning kitchen (if you wish to use it!). We never really used it as food is so cheap to buy in Bangkok, that we ate out every day. Few problems in regards to water draining after a shower but nothing we couldn't deal with.

Breakfast was nice but basic. You can choose between american style breakfast and thai style. We only ever had the american one. You can either eat brekafast in the hotel's restaurant, called Garlic & Onion or have it delivered to your room. We ate in the restaurant on the first day but service was very slow so we chose to have it delivered to our room for the rest of the time. Apart from 1 day - it was delivered on time by friendly staff.

Air conditioning can take a while to start working but once on - it is like a fridge - lovely after a day of exploring in the city with temperatures exceeding 30+ degrees.

Only grumble really is that we thought we had been left complimentary drinks in the fridge as no price list anywhere in the room and we were not told otherwise by staff. Then upon check out - we were charged well over the top for the drinks we had used. We were charged 40B each can - when you can get them from 7eleven for like 14B - so just be careful about that.

Accomodation is close to the Chit Lom BTS station - like 10 mins walk. Be careful with the sidewalks/pavement as it is very dangerous in some parts (missing tiles, holes in the floor etc). Especially tricky when carrying luggage but it is not worth getting a taxi for the short distance from the BTS station.

Also don't forget to use the swimming pool on the roof, along with gym and patio area which is lovely in the day/night time.

We would easily stay here again as the rooms were lovely, staff were friendly and it was a good base to explore from!

Room Tip: Don't use the drinks in the room - without asking for a price list first!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lwa3
Helsingborg, Sweden
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I booked a half price deal at Booking.com for three nights, not refundable, thinking it couldn't go wrong since it was 5 stars and the pictures looked nice and the rewiews mostly good. I was wrong!
This is the worst hotelexperience I've ever had during my trips to Asia/Thailand! Avoid this place. This is NOT a five star accomodation! At the most 3 stars.
Where shall I begin? At check in they had computer problems so we could't get our keycard! They let us in the room promesing that they would fix it soon. There we where, prisoners in our room, since you need a keycard to use the lift and open doors. After one hour nothing had happend, not so fun sitting in the room in Bkk waiting, I longed for a dip in the pool, so I had to find a backway down some stairs, to the reception. No...sorry no keycard.....It took about 1½ hour to get it and one more sneaking down the backway, they didn't call us to say it was ready.Then we got ONE keycard! To that "apartment" there where just ONE card they said, and they refused to make another one. That meant we had to follow eachother where ever we went, or one person would be grounded in the room!
The room did'nt look like the pictures on Booking at all! I'm including some pictures to show the difference.The wiew from the room was at, what looked like, an abandoned building. The windows where so thin that you heard all noise from the street.The promised Wifi didn't work at all. When we finally got up to the pool there was room for ONE deckchair and to get to the garden you had to walk from the pool down a stair through the hotel and up an other stair.
The sheets had spots and looked dirty. I think they where washed but they had "old" spots.
The socklets where loose and looked dangerous. I was most unhappy and just wanted to get out of there but it was getting late and I thought of the not refundable amount I already payed.. Well we went to bed in the dirty sheets, yuck, and we woke up in the middle of the night hearing a terrible noise outside.Like a combination of squeaking brakes and a woodpecker! Having listened to that for a while, not beeing able to sleep, I went down to the reception at 3 in the morning. They said it was the rain outside!!! I know the sound of rain and that wasn't it!. Then they sent a tecnichian to check our aircondition even though I said it's NOT that - it's outside!.I think an aircondition in a nearby building had some problems and you can't blame Rongratana for that, but the thin windows made it unbearable! In the morning I asked for a change of room, but they couldn't do that ,so we packed, By that time I didn't give a ..... about loosing money, and moved to an other hotel, Eastin Grand Sathorn, who really deserves their 5 stars! But before that we had a terrible breakfast.So glad to get out of that depressing place.
I've stayed at many Asian 5 stars hotels and I can not understand how this place could get 5 stars! Had I booked it as the 2 or 3 star accomodation it really is, the dissapointment would not be so big, but then I always stay at 5 star hotels in Asia since you get a lot for your money there.But not in this case and never again a half price deal at Booking.com thinking ( with the other positive rewiews) that they have a" half price room" not looking like the others in the hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Eva K
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My family and I stayed at the Rongratana in June 2012. The location of the residence is fabulous. It is located on Langsuan Road which is probably one of the cleanest roads I have lived on in Bangkok.
You have plenty of restaurants, convenience stores, spas, and other residences and boutique hotels on this stretch of the road.
On one end is the Central Chidlom department store and on the other end of the road is Lumpini park. Could not ask for more when you are traveling with children.
There is a BTS sky train station (Ratachadamri) literally 5 mins walk away.

We had a 2 bedroom apartment which was lovely. It had hard wood floors and the decor was very tasteful. The only issue was that the hot water in the shower took time to get hot.

The rooms service was very average, but I suppose we wanted a comfortable place to stay for our family so we overlooked the basic amenities. We had a grocery store next to the hotel and a full kitchen so we just got groceries and did a bit of cooking.

We had our breakfast delivered to our room. The selection is very average, but again we did not expect a lavish breakfast.

The apartments and the location is what sells this place.

Home away from home.

Room Tip: There are only 24 units in this hotel so it is a very cozy place. The rooms are not centrally air c...
1 Thank Adil C
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Booked a 2-bedroom suite through booking.com. Few days before check-in date, I received an email from booking.com to update my credit card details as hotel had problem pre-authorising it. I updated with another credit card number, called the hotel on a Sunday to make sure they recd my NEW card details and told the staff to make sure the reservation dept don't cancel my booking. The next day I recd another email asking to update my credit card details and that if I have already done so, pls ignore the email. 2 days before my check-in date, I recd an email from booking.com informing that my reservation has been cancelled as I failed to provide a VALID credit card for hotel to pre-authorise.

Fuming mad, I called the hotel and asked what happened. The staff cannot provide a satisfactory explanation. Kept telling me hotel tried to pre-authorise a charge on my card but unable to. I told that it is impossible! There is nothing wrong with my credit card and I have been using it to make purchases. I asked for the manager's name and number. Called the manager, Paul, on his mobile phone, he refused to pick up my call. Called back to hotel again and was told by the same staff that the manager called her and told her something is wrong with my card. WOW WOW! This fantastic manager dare not answer my phone call but can call back to inform his staff that my credit card has problem?!!! I asked the staff to provide me with the credit card details they recd from booking.com. I double check and everything is correct. Card number, expiry etc. Nothing wrong. I called my credit card centre and check on whether there were any attempts from the hotel to pre-authorise a charge on my card. Guess what? The answer is NO. Nothing at all. Bank informed me there is nothing wrong with my credit card. I then called hotel again to demand an explanation. I left my number for the manager to call me back. No one returned my call. In the end, I have to book another hotel as I was told by the staff they have released my room to other guests.

I ended up staying at Anantara Sathorn Bangkok. Fantastic hotel. Great service, great hotel. No such nonsense from them. Maybe a blessing in disguise for not staying in this horrible hotel. Horrible management.

10 Thank zbenxx
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Booked 4 nights for 4 ppl a long ago through booking.com.
3 weeks before the trip I received an unclear mail from the hotel stating that the hotel policy never allowed AMEX payment and that "anyway this type of room is fully booked" so my interest would be to cancel the reservation.
Followed a completely confusing exchange of emails. After all I ended up booking somewhere else.

Bizarre attitude for a 5-star.
I won't try to go there again. Too many fine hotels in BKK to waste time with unprofessional service.

5 Thank chipopi