“Skip It”

Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Pullman, Washington
“Skip It”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I visited Elite Lebanese Restaurant a couple weeks ago and I am not planning on going back. We ordered hummus, Arabic bread, falafel, french fries (for our toddler), and a schwarma sandwich (and of course a jug of Singha)

The Good: Fresh beer (reasonably priced @ 200 Baht per jug), friendly staff, convenient location (right on Sukhmvit close to BTS), clean dining area, nicely decorated

The Bad: Uninteresting menu options (when I am usually at a Middle Eastern restaurant, I am typically overwhelmed with choices, and did not feel this way at Elite), few vegetarian options (also unusual for the Middle Eastern restaurants I have visited), overpriced (which is perhaps why I felt the menu was limited), small portions (the hummus plate looks huge in the menu and is, in reality, quite small.. especially for the price), bread was very doughy, large pieces of curly parsley in the schwarma sandwich (not good eats), and french fried poorly cooked (rubbery, greasy, and under-seasoned).

Summary: Unless you are interested in drinking drought beer with your Middle Eastern food, I would just find a place (any place) in Little Arabia and eat there.

• Visited July 2011