Viva Garden Serviced Residence
US$265
US$241
Okura Hotels
1,069 results
All reviewsbang chakbts stationmr naphatbedroom executivewashing machineon nutlarge balconylaundry roomlocal marketswimming poolhome away from homedowntown bangkokfamily martgreat poolspecial thanksstreet foodnight market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Me and my group choose this hotel for my recent stay in Bangkok for 3 night stay.

Though the rooms are very nice and clean, it is very far from the main city and all the shopping places and the sightseeing. There is no restaurant nearby to the hotel, so eating at night time is a problem. There was a book in the room with list of all restaurants that will do delivery service if you want the food, but we did not try for this.
I basically select this apartments after going through so many good reviews here on tripadvisor, but I and my group were not at all happy with the very bad location. Bangkok traffic is so bad, that even if you take a taxi from to main sukhumvit road, or to siam area or to the riverside, it will take at least 45 min and more and it is so costly. Also, internet is not good in the hotel,

On positive side - staff is very friendly to us, napaht is very helpful person. breakfast is limited, maybe you can have some more items?? Pool area is nice and quiet, and there is a small gym next to it. But I will think again for staying in this place because it is very far and there is really no shopping or eating nearby.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank michellel976
BPM_BANGKOK, General Manager at Viva Garden Serviced Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing Viva Garden by Bliston as the choice of accommodation for yourself and your group. We appreciate your feedback on TripAdvisor website regarding your recent stayed with us.

We are glad to hear that you satisfied with our service standard and facilities. As you mentioned about the location, we would like to clarify that Viva Garden is located on the main Sukhumvit road. Getting around Bangkok in a taxi is sometimes a pain but Viva Garden is situated just a minute away from the BTS Skytrain Bang Chak station and 5 minutes away the Express way. It is out of the tourist area but more likely in the residential area. The location is clearly stated on the hotel’s website, TripAdvisor, OTA websites, Google Map etc. and it may be up to each person’s preference.

We hope you will understand us better.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

My testimonial came alittle late. However, memories are still fresh in my mind. I gave a handwritten compliment letter to the management of Viva Garden and now Im here to share my experience with Viva Garden's potential guests. Perhaps you :)

This testimonial was based on our(My mom, Sister and I) stayed in from 1st Nov 2012 till 7th Nov 2012.

We spend not days,not weeks but months to browse online for an accomodation. I particularly prioritize my choice based on comfortability and security. We came across Viva Garden and after much consideration, we booked it. Also, to be honest, we read the reviews that are made available here. There are numerous positive testimonials. At that time, we were amaze because there was this person by the name of Patrick and he was being mentioned in most of the reviews we had read.

As soon as we touched down, we took the train from the airport to BTS Bang Chak and reached Viva Garden close to 6pm. We were happy but alittle tired. When we walked into Viva Garden's compound, we were greeted by the security guard and he took over and pulled our 2 luggage. He managed to help alittle until someone from Viva Garden's lobby entrance saw us. Whether or not he was informed of our presence, we were very much overwhelmed when he ran to us to help. I thought he was Patrick and I was absolutely right (I took a peek on his name tag). I said to him "I knew it, you must be Patrick and I read alot of good things about you". I smiled and he returned it. We were extremely happy by the warm welcome.

Our check-in were fast although we were alittle upset when told that our room was located at level 1 but later learnt from the concierge personnel that Viva Garden's first floor is equivalent to a third storey of a normal building. It brightened us.

Lobby was well-maintained and spacious. Clean,cosy and more than enough sofas for us to sit on. Well-furnished and well-decorated with table flowers. There are also two desktop for guests who wishes to use it. There are charges for usage but not too expensive. Anyway, we are on holiday,we do not need hours of the internet. So, we only use it to reserve our flight seatings. Therefore, it is useful and convenient.

When we entered our room, my extra bed were ready and situated nicely beside the balcony of a One Bedroom Executive. Bedroom was clean with a cozy queen size bed and a study table(that's what i call it). 2 LCD tv,one in the bedroom and the other is in the living room. Safe box is a must for me and the room is equipped with it.Bathroom was also clean and big. In whole, our room were fully-furnised,comfortable and well-equipped. There are alot more that is in the room which make my stay much more convenient such as the fridge, washing machine, etc. My room is directly across an elementary school. I love listening to how little students sing their National Anthem. Although our room is just across the school , certainly we do not find it disturbing because there wasn't any noise. If you doubt this, perhaps you could ask for a room on the south wing.

Viva Garden is located near Bang Chak BTS and it is not near to shopping areas like Chatuchak but we are well-prepared. We knew Viva Garden's surroundings quite well and way before we flew over.As a tourist, we need to know atleast the location. To us it is easy to move around. The metre taxi are not expensive. We only paid about 35baht from Viva Garden to the nearest Tesco.

Breakfast was great. Love the Pineapple juice. Im not a breakfast person but I did ate something. We are in Bangkok, Thailand and we dont need American style breakfast and happy with what Baibua restaurant has to offer.

I need to mention that all Viva garden's staff were friendly. They are very generous with their smiles. They are Patrick, Naphat,Nadia, Kathy,Cocoa, and the tall pretty lady(i didnt get her name...what a pity). Patrick is always being friendly and professional. He greeted us the most.

We are like shopaholics. We often leave Viva Garden at about 12pm and got back close to 12am.Tired!!! but Patrick came to the rescue, we are saved from carrying the loads of our shopping spree. He often asked if everything was fine and is there anything bothering us. Very likeable. I have been to alot of hotels but Patrick was different. Now we know the reason for all the positive reviews on
him. Rooms were comfortable and Patrick's approached to us makes us feel secured. Just to add in, there was this time when I was sitting at the lobby reading newspaper and having a pineapple juice. Relaxing after a whole day outing.I saw a group of guest who were happily looking for Patrick. Instantly, I labelled him Mr Popular.

Checking out was fast and no hassle at all. Patrick got a taxi for us to the airport as we have 4 humongous luggage. Thanks to Patrick everything was made easier with his help.

Im very happy with Viva Garden.khob khun kha. The service were great. Friendly staff with generous smiles. Thank you for the great memories created. Patrick, we are your fans so get ready to help us with our luggage..okay. :).God's willing,I will see you guys soon...somewhere in April 2013. Cant wait!!!!
Keep up the excellent professional service standards Patrick. You are an asset to your company. :)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SalinaZulkifli
BPM_BANGKOK, General Manager at Viva Garden Serviced Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear Madam,

First of all, Viva Garden by Bliston would like to thank you for selecting our residence as your preferred accommodation for your family while visiting Bangkok. We are truly appreciate that you take the time to write such a kind feedback regarding your recent stayed with us in November 2012 on TripAdvisor website, also thank you very much for your words of encouragement to our staff both from the review and from your hand-writing letter that you gave to us.

We are truly delighted to know that you, your mom and your sister enjoyed the stayed at Viva Garden and satisfied with our accommodation, facilities, food & beverage, and of course – the service standard. We are so glad that our residence & serviced are measured up to your expectations. We always strive to make your stay a memorable experience, and your satisfaction is our reward.

We, the staff and management at Viva Garden are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to our residence again in April. All of us, and also your ‘Mr Popular (Patrick)’ will definitely be there to welcome and assist you as always.

Thank you very much once again.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

The hotel experience was very good...hotel staff was very cordial, helpful and friendly...They guided us to visit places in Bangkok and it was awesome...The rooms were clean and luxurious...One can go to the gym and swimming...Overall...Nice service!!
Will like to b there again if I ever go to Bangkok for shopping...

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travellerpri
BPM_BANGKOK, General Manager at Viva Garden Serviced Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind words on the TripAdvisor website.

We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay and satisfied with our residence, facilities, and service standard. We would really love to welcome you back to our residence again whenever you visit Bangkok.

Have a Blissful Day

Reviewed 2 February 2013

Finding a place to stay for a family of 5 is always tricky in SE Asia. Viva Garden, not only happily added an extra bed, but the whole place was immaculately clean, the breakfasts set us up for the day and the service was excellent throughout. The location is a bit out of town, but the proximity to the Skytrain meant this was not a problem. When we return to Bangkok, we will without doubt be staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for selecting Viva Garden by Bliston as the choice of accommodation for your family while visiting Bangkok. We are pleased to welcome all of you.

We are so glad to hear that you considered our residence as a great choice for families. With our standard of service, facilities and the convenient location, Viva Garden is suit for all kind of travelers whether they are on business or holidays. But – with our specious room size and the in-room amenities, it is specially benefit to those family travelers and long stay guests.

If you return to Bangkok in the future, please come back to Viva Garden. We look forward to welcoming you to our residence again soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

I am surprised at the overwhelming positive reviews these apartments have got. I booked them solely on the recommendations given here, and at the time, they were rated no. 9 of all Bangkok accomodation! (they've slipped to no. 22 now). To rate a place in the Top 10 Best hotels of Bangkok is a very BIG title indeed, and you are basically putting this place in the same league as the Mandarin Oriental, the Hansar, the Peninsula, Shangrila, Sukhothai...!!!! And these hotels are the epitomes of comfort, service and luxury, and to put Viva in that same Top 10 bracket is an over-exaggeration..

Booking -

we booked through an online agent and got a rate that matched the one available on their official website.

Check-in -

was fine and quick because we seemed to be the only one's checking in at about 1 p.m. Room was ready so no complaints there. Room was already prepaid.

Lobby -

was quite nice actually. It was very clean and spread out, cool, lots of chairs and sofa's to sit in, with a small collection of magazines to read. There were also 2 pay computers which guests could use, but the charges are exhorbitant - THB 100 per hour if I remember correctly.

The room -

was spacious and again clean, Queen size bed with a kitchenette, fridge etc, plus an LCD TV, DVD player, room safe, air-con with remote etc. This is an apartment so amenities provided within the apartment were fine. Clean bath with soap and towels provided.

Okay, so what was the problem you may ask? -

Location -

The BIGGEST issue with the Viva Garden is its terrible location. It's just in the middle of nothing. It's too far out from everything, and even though it is next to the BTS, it's a good 20-25 min ride to get to the main areas of Siam/MBK etc. If you want to go further to the river, then you have to change trains and go for another 15 mins. How about Chatuchak weekend market? Almost 40 mins, yes, 40. Not to mention, the Viva is the 5th last station on the line so tickets become expensive for each way of travel. There is no where you can go for a bite in the night. There is one 7-11 about 100 metres away, but that involves trekking up and down the stairs of a overhead bridge. The location is really too far out.

There are no views from the room, there is a school just below, and the loud speaker at 7.15 a.m., is well, really loud..

WIFI -

free, but terrible! There's no range at all, except for certain parts of the hotel. It was patchy at best, so the wifi is a big let-down.

Breakfast -

not a lavish spread, its basically an extended continental breakfast. So tourists looking for a nice big american brekkie on holiday, no, you won't get that here... Very basic, a lot of people would say sufficient, but are you looking for a sufficient breakfast on holiday, or do you want to enjoy a lavish spread that most 4-star hotels also have these days?

Concierge -

Na Phat is indeed a great guy, and I have to say one of the most friendly chaps I have met in a hotel lobby. The other guy Patrick, was okay, tried to sell us the taxi for sightseeing almost every day we were there, but we flagged down our own from the road outside.

Check-out -

was fine too, the staff is okay in general, but not too many smiles going around. Which is the reason why Naphat stands out as a really good chap..

To conclude - the apartments at Viva Garden are great - they are clean, spacious, comfortable and well-maintained. I in fact hardly saw many guests/ tourists at these apartments, which was strange considering the amazing reviews it has received here..

I would recommend this place for long term stays and for people who want to live in Bangkok for a few weeks or months on longer term work assignments etc.

But for tourists? You better stay closer to the Siam areas or the upper soi's...

Room Tip: Away from the school building and as high a floor as possible..
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RainmanMumbai

Dear Sir,

First of all, we would like to thank you for selecting Viva Garden by Bliston as your choice of accommodation while visiting Bangkok. We are truly appreciate you take the time to share feedback & experience regarding your recent stayed with us.

As you mentioned that you chose to stay at our residence as we were rated in the top ten of TripAdvisor and it was the same league as other 5-star hotels, so you expected the same standard from Viva Garden – we apologize to say that’s may be a wrong logic. Viva Garden is a 4-star hotel and serviced residence with reasonable price, clean & comfortable rooms, close to public transportation and great service.

The ranking on TripAdvisor doesn’t rated by how luxury the hotels are but the satisfaction of guests who stayed at that hotel, yes, with the price they paid for. The hotels’ star / category are stated on each hotel page of TripAdvisor – run from the super luxury brands to the local boutique hotels, and all of them can be on the top rank if their guests satisfy with the product / service / price etc.

We are glad you satisfied with our room, lobby interior, and the service standard. We also realized that you were disappointing with a few issues, which we would like to use this opportunity to clarify the fact to you as below:

Internet fee at business center – yes, there is a fee for using computers at the business center and it’s a standard hotel rate BUT the free wifi is available throughout the public area and in all guests’ rooms. That’s mean you can use your own devices with our unlimited free internet.

Location - Viva Garden is located on the main Sukhumvit road, a minute away from the BTS Skytrain Bang Chak station and 5 minutes away the Express way. It is out of the tourist area but more likely in the residential area. There are convenient stores, restaurants, spa, and market in walking distant. There are also supermarket, cinema, shopping complex, hospitals, night market and bus station in 15 minutes distant. The location is clearly stated on the hotel’s website, TripAdvisor, OTA websites, Google Map etc. and it may be up to each person’s preference.

Breakfast - our standard is to serve 12 items rotate with unlimited salad bar, breads, cereals, fruits, and beverages which are featured with Asian and International dishes.

You may not see many guest / tourists at the hotel but we can proudly say that we are doing good and always run full house during the high season and long holidays. All the good reviews are from our guests’ satisfaction and sincere. (which we much appreciate)

All in all, thank you for your stay and your comments. We hope you will understand us better.

Best Regards,