“Fantastic place!”

Ranked #43 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Hobart, Australia
“Fantastic place!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Viva apartments are a little way out of the center, but very easy to get to on the BTS, fantastic room, lots of space, good beds, lovely food and very friendly helpful staff, wish we had been there longer! Some rooms get a bit of a wake up call from the neighbouring school loudspeaker singing, but this doesn't last long. The pool was excellent. Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the school if you like a sleep in!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Joseph Y, Manager at Viva Garden Serviced Residence, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Stuvavo,

Thank you for your kind words and compliments on TripAdvisor. Our friendly and helpful staff also wish that you and your family would have stayed longer to take in and enjoy the lovely food, the good beds, the fantastic room and the excellent pool that Viva Garden has to offer.

We certainly will be more than happy to assign you and your family a quiet section of our Serviced Residence in order to get a restful sleep on your future visits.

From all of at Viva Garden, we wish you and your family a safe journey home and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We visit Bangkok last month for redeem a vow to the four face buddha. This is my second time to stay at Viva garden. Why? Because it is the best hotel in Bangkok!!! The room is spacious, the great location and the most import thing is the attentive staffs, Mr. Patrick, Mr. Nut and Ms. Annie.

Last time, we met Mr. Patrick who is very friendly and talkative. This time we bring some dessert to him and we meet the new staff, Mr. Nut who can speak Chinese and also very friendly.

Mr. Patrick is still friendly and helps us a lot for arranging our schedule and solves many trouble during our trip. We appreciate his help very much.

We had a wonderful journey here because of Patrick. Wish everyone here all the best.
See you soon! ^_^

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Joseph Y, Manager at Viva Garden Serviced Residence, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Shinsoshiang,

Warm greetings from Viva Garden!

I am always happy to hear of positives review from our TripAdvisor community of travellers. But most of all, it’s always a pleasure to hear staffs such as Patrick, Nut & Annie being mentioned by name on TripAdvisor which will certainly motivate all of them to deliver a truly genuine service from the heart.

Thank you once again for staying at Viva Garden and all our staff will certainly look forward to welcoming back to your home away from home in Bangkok.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Away from noisy city center. High quality in all aspects. Pleasant pool for both kids and adults. Kids also have small play room. All needed facilities are there. Perfect cleanliness. Extremely responsive and helpful as well as polite staff. Never been at such good hospitality. Direct access to metro station. tip: one metro stop before coming from city center there is a food market where you can dine fresh fish for good price. There is also a lady selling good salmon.

Room Tip: one metro stop before coming from city center there is a food market where you can dine fresh fish f...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear SamerShennar,

It is indeed a pleasure to have you and your family in Viva Garden during your recent stay in Bangkok. We are proud to hear that our polite and helpful staff delivered a high quality of service and that our facilities have met your expectations.

I will certainly be highlighting your comments to our staff, the perfect cleanliness and extreme responsiveness to further motivate them.

From all of us at Viva Garden we wish you and your family a safe journey and look forward to welcoming you back to your second home in Bangkok soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I normally travel with my family and friends and I this time made the first review because I found this hotel was so amazing that I can't wait to share my experience for all of you the next travelers world wide. The service was very good and the pool was so huge and fascinating decoration. There's a huge stylish lobby that you don't want to go out when you are there. All staff are so friendly and helpful and knowledgeable. The room is cleaned enough and so comfortable with the pillow all nights I stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jess B
Joseph Y, Manager at Viva Garden Serviced Residence, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Jess B,

Thank you for sharing your first review with the TripAdvisor travelling community. We trust that you will have more positive travelling experiences to share with us.

I will definitely be sharing your amazing stay experience to all my friendly and helpful staff. Such positive feedback will further drive and motivate them to exceed our guest’s expectation and make it a memorable one.

Here’s wishing you, your family and friends a pleasant and safe journey from all of us at Viva Garden.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I am often in Bangkok on business or family and neither are located downtown, I spend most of my time in Bangna, Thong Lor, or factories outside of Bangkok. So for me it is far more convenient to be stationed outside of the crowded downtown area where I can get to Bangna or drive out of Bangkok to factories easily. Hence why I often choose hotels far down the BTS Skytrain line or in Bangna. That being said, I do prefer to be located near a BTS or Subway station so that I can quickly and easily get to downtown if I need to.

This is the third serviced apartment I have tried out in Bangkok and probably the best for me and my family's needs due to it's convenience to the BTS (right outside the hotel), street food (across the street), and Bangna (short taxi ride to Central and family). While Centre-Point Thong Lor is my favorite serviced apartment it is very expensive and this one is a great alternative.

The hotel gym is small but has everything you need and the equipment appeared somewhat new and well maintained. They have a nice sized rectangular pool that gets plenty of activity and a spacious lobby with plenty of comfortable seating. The breakfast is a bit sub-par and pretty small and crowded but enough of what you need: think one or two Western options and a couple of local Thai options plus your standard cereal / fruit / yoghurt and toast. Simple and small and not too impressive, but it's just breakfast.

You can choose from a variety of rooms and again these are serviced apartments so they come with fully equipped and appointed kitchens which makes it great for families. Supposedly the larger One and Two Bedrooms come equipped with washing machines for clothes which is an absolute must for families, I myself stayed in a large Studio as I was there on business. My business colleagues in Thailand were pleased I stayed there as it made for easy pick up and commute to the factories we visited and to the suburban areas they themselves lived in.

I was able to easily buy plenty of delicious street food in the alleys across the street as well as walking distance to multiple 7-11s and convenience stores. I even found walking to On Nut fairly easy so if you need to go to Tesco-Lotus or massage alley near On Nut you can do that too. Of course the BTS Bangchak station is right outside the hotel so you can quickly and easily take the Skytrain to Chatuchak and downtown areas.

I plan to stay here again with my family next year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank swizstick
Dear swizstick,

Thank you for staying a Viva Garden Serviced Residence and for your detailed description of your stay with us on September 2013. We are happy to hear that our convenient location to the BTS sky train station, various local street food eateries, service apartment and facilities is well suited to you and your family’s needs.

Pertaining to your comments to the subpar breakfast spread on your last visit on September 2013, you will be happy to know that we have completely revamped the breakfast buffet and added more variety on a rotational basis to the Western and Thai dishes under our new management.

Mr. swizstick, we look forward to welcoming you and your family soon to Viva Garden. Please personally contact me and I will be more than happy to personally make the reservations for you.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed for 2 night at Viva Garden Hotel, Bangkok. Hotel location just walk 5 minutes from BTS Bangchak.
They have a big with living room, bed room and pantry complete with cooking equipment.
The front desk are very helpful and their concierge very informative. They gave detail explanation about public transportation for our trip. We really have a great time in Bangkok..
Thanks Viva Garden Hotel.. We will be back if we go to Bangkok again... Really pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sherly S,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with the TripAdvisor travelling community. Your brief description and location of Viva Garden will certainly help future travellers decide on where to stay while on vacation or business in Bangkok. I am happy to learn of our Front Desk and Concierge team providing informative and concise explanation on how to get around Bangkok via public transportation. And most of all you and your partner had a great time in Bangkok while staying at Viva Garden. Please do inform us on your next visit to Bangkok and I will be more than happy to personally make the reservations for you.

From all of us at Viva Garden we look forward to welcoming you and your partner back soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed for 5 nights ib 90 sqm room. They provide really delicate services. All the facilities and food are also nice.I'm very umpressed and willing to come again next time.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear richiewang,

Warm greetings from Viva Garden! We are delighted to hear of your enjoyable stay in our spacious One Bedroom Executive apartment and especially the delicate service our staff provided has left a great impression on you. Your kind words and encouragement will certainly motivate all our staff to provide a consistent service.

From all the staff at Viva Garden we wish you a pleasant journey and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,