“Good value”

Dream Town Pratunam
Ranked #463 of 698 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I was skeptical at first but was pleasantly surprised. It's a great value hotel. There are some improvements that could be made especially with regards to the bathrooms of the rooms.

I really commend the staff who served us that morning, they were wonderful and we had no hassles getting our deposit back.

The breakfast was OUTSTANDING. I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Away from the road that runs in front of the hotel
Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dBongs
There are newer reviews for Dream Town Pratunam

Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel and everything was quiet good. The reception was very helpful and very pleasant. Food was also good and you can eat something rather than have it in outside. Room and the bath room were very clean and they clean them daily. It is 5-10 min. walk from hotel to the biggest fashion malls in Pratunam.

I can recommend this hotel to any one who is searching for clean room and less waling distance to the city.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Duminda S
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed in the Dream Town hotel July 2012 for two nights. We booked 2 rooms.

Summary
An average hotel which falls very short of its name. Good location to BRT and Pratunum markets, clean sheets and towels but tired rooms and disappointing customer service

Positives
Close to shopping area (Pratunum)
Easy to get a taxi or tut tut
Close to the BRT

Negatives
Room decor is old and needs updating
Customer service needs vast improvement

We had two rooms booked, one for my wife and I one for my son and his two cousins. We took the Express train from the airport, I had read on the Internet that there was only 2 trains into the city, one the city line which stops at every stop and takes 30 minutes and one that goes directly to Makkasan City Which takes 15 minutes. However, the info I read is outdated as there is now a third train that goes straight to Phaya Thai and takes 20 minutes. Phaya Thai  is just behind the hotel which you can see from the station, however, there is no easy route to it so we chose to take the BRT to Ratathey and then walk from there, it took about 10 minutes to get there. Point to note here, the exchange rate in Phaya Thai train station was alot better than the airport.
The hotel itself is down a side street so you do not get the noise from the main street, it was still a busy little thoroughfare though.
Check in was OK, they asked for 500 baht room deposit which was refundable (and it was refunded when we checked out)
The porter showed us to our rooms, we were on the third floor, our room looked out on to the street, and the other room on to the back of the hotel where you could see Phai Thai station.
The sheets looked clean and there were clean towels, however, the rooms looked tired. The wall paper was coming away from the wall in places and it was looking a bit grey. The other room was worse. The bathroom has a stand in shower and sink, again it look old and tired. There was lots of black mold that you get in the sealant. The pressure of the shower was excellant However, the bracket holding the shower head was not tight enough and when you turned the shower on the head flicked up horizontally (above your head) so you ended up having to hold the shower head above you. We reminded ourselves we were only paying £20 per room per night!
There was a TV, Kettle and safe in the room with some complimentary bottled water.
The first night things went OK, we all got a good nights sleep. However, the second night was a disaster, at midnight and not long after my son and his cousins had gone to bed water started leaking through the ceiling above on to his bed. He called reception and they sent the night porter to have a look. You could see the water (or worse!!) dripping, the night porter suggested he moved the bed out of the way!!! At this point my son called me and I went to see reception, they said they only had one more room which did not have a window. I told them I didn't care as long as it didn't leak. The boys moved into the room which was a couple of doors away from our room and we settled down for a nights sleep. 2 O' Clock in the morning my son calls our room from reception saying that there was cockroaches in their room and the porter had come up when he had complained and sprayed the room, he had told them to wait 10 minutes and then he disappeared!! The cockroaches hadn't stopped moving, again I found myself in reception complaining. My sons two cousins being Malaysian said that they would still sleep in the room but for my son it was too much, so we got the porter to move the portable bed from the "infested" room into our room. Finally we got to sleep.
This episode spoilt our stay at this hotel, if it wasn't for the leak and cockroaches I would have been saying this is good budget hotel but after what happened I would say it was a poor budget hotel.

A couple of other things, a previous reviewer had mentioned that the hall ways were dimly lit and that floor 5 was like a scene out of an Asian horror movie. The halls were definatley
dim. We couldn't wait to check out the 5th floor, and we weren't disappointed!! Scary to say the least, there was no lights on at all, needless to say we didn't return to that floor.

Breakfast had an Asian theme, they did offer eggs cooked in 3 different ways (fried, scrambled and omelette) and had a toast station.

The hotel tut tut wasn't in service when we were there. Whilst on the subject of tut tut's on our first journey the driver pulled over and tried to get us to go places he wanted to take us rather than where we wanted to go. I had to put my foot down and after I told him I'd been to Bangkok many times and knew where I was going he backed off. A day later I saw another tut tut driver appear to try the same trick to a bunch of tourists.

We had a great time in Bangkok, the shopping was great, however, the hotel wasn't and for the reasons above I can not recommended it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Jeeza
Reviewed 2 August 2012

The hotel is average but conveniently located near all the big shopping malls like Indra, Platinum, Pantip etc. and all the good Indian food restaurants are also nearby the Airport BTS metro station is also nearby. the Staff at Dream town is extremely friendly and makes the stay very pleasant and are ready to help with lot of concern all the time. the breakfast was just OK, the housekeeping is also good. in total it was a pleasant stay in Bangkok.

Room Tip: prefer the rooms in front on the garden BTS station side only though a small window but at least wil...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KSanjeev
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Booked this through booking.com , very disappointing once checked in.
Not worth the money. Normal rooms . OK location. Wi-fi too slow. Breakfast OK.
Unfriendly staff. Will not stay here again. Overall an average property to stay.

Room Tip: Any room is equally average.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Shivam_Nigam
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Hotel was tucked in a quiet inner lane which takes more than 5mins to walk into from the main road. Quite dark if you go back at night but there's a lot of taxis and tuk tuk driving past.

Its about 15-20mins walk to Platinum fashion mall.

However, you can easily reached the Phaya thai BTS station in 5mins if u take a short cut across the backlane and cut across the railway track. You just need to be careful that there's no train coming.

Room was basic and big with a small safe in the cupboard. Mattress a little too hard for me. But after a day out, I'll sleep on anything. The drainage flow in the shower was a little slow. So you will be standing in a puddle of your soap + water while showering. However, water pressure from the showerhead was great!

Sound insulation was quite bad. So you can hear others banging their doors outside and dragging/shifting their things above you. And if other occupants choose to chat outside the corridor be prepared to not have a good sleep.

Breakfast was ok. Standard stuffs of rice, noodles, fruits, salad, bread,cereals, eggs. They do change the style of cooking the rice and noodles daily.

There is free wifi but you get disconnected quite frequently.

Room Tip: Choosing a corner room. Less affected by others.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A-Wong8
Reviewed 19 May 2012

You get what you pay for is an understatement when it comes to this hotel. This place was inexpensive to stay at, but at what cost. I personally would have liked to pay more for a hotel stay, in order to get a better, cleaner room. Alas, I was in the minority when it came down to it. My traveling companion wanted to stay somewhere that was cheap, so I just went with it.

Once again, I’ll say that I understand foreign countries standards and customs are different from America, so keep that in mind while reading my review. I had several issues with this place that would make me recommend you look at some other options before choosing this place. I’ll break it down for you with the good and bad issues:

Good:
-Close to the BTS
-Close to main road
-Free buffet breakfast

Bad:
-The internet wifi connection was horrible! It kept going in and out. It was very frustrating.
-There was mold through the bathroom. It was disgusting.
-They didn’t give us enough towels and the towels we did have were dingy.
-Something in the bathroom was leaking, so the floor in the bathroom was always wet.
-We asked for a wakeup call that never came.
-Their airport transportation for guests is well over priced. It should be free as a parting gift for all the things you have to deal with staying at this rag.

With all that said, my traveling companion; who has actually lived abroad, told me that she considers this hotel one of the nicer ones she’s stayed at. According to her, there are ones that are worse than this one. If you are like me and would rather stay at a place that is cleaner & more pleasant, you should look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends