“Recommended”

Ranked #429 of 628 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Recommended”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We reserved a room here mostly because of its location near the Airport Express skytrain terminus, and the rate was within our budget. Turned out to be a good location in general, as others have stated. The front desk staff were great - friendly and helpful, reasonably proficient with English (as I am NOT with Thai!) Our room was quiet, clean, large, bright (but with black-out curtains for sleeping), with aircon and mini fridge. Not great wifi connection at times in our room, but always good in the lobby. The buffet breakfast was convenient but I can't recommend it. Fairly tasteless, luke-warm and generally unappealing. Opt out if you can. We were happy customers; we stayed again on our way home.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nzeggie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located near Indra market and in a walkable distance to mbk mall. Even though the breakfast is average it is moneys worth to stay. The staff are courteous . The hotel can provide wifi service to the tourist instead of asking us to use the computers at the lobby even though it is free

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank kalasubramanyam
Panadura
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed for 5nights with my family and enjoyed very well.I really appreciate their good service and hope to stay there again in my another trip. Easy access for shopping areas as well as other places like Siam Ocean World, MBK, Big C, Centrel W, Plantip and Platinum Plaza....Very good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank NadeekaPanadura
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I stayed there for 2 nights on weekend. Thanks to the manager who agreed to let us to upgrade our room from two Standard rooms to one deluxe room as one of my partners did not manage to go with us.
After that, nightmare began. We were directed to the first room with the lights not working, after that we were being asked to change our room to third floor. The room is not bad but the dirt on the floor was noticeable and the remote control of the aircon has NO BATTERY on the first day.
I informed the receptionists and the bell boy before I went out from the Hotel and they did not give us the battery when we returned. I called again and the receptionist said "you have to wait for my boss to come at 12 midnight in order to give me the battery" so she is expecting me to stay awake until her boss coming? =="
In the end, we used the battery from TV Remote Control and as expected, they did not mention anything about the battery anymore even i have asked and called them before. Disappointing service.
The receptionists are rude and unfriendly. They were not smile at all and check-in time was too long! ><
The hotel offers free tuk tuk to the main road BUT the driver of the tuk tuk is NOT AVAILABLE all the time =="
Breakfast have no variety, it's like the same menu everyday.
The only good thing is the location which is near to the Ratchadewi station and Phayathai station.
I don't think I will stay there anymore.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Travelloverfun

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I was skeptical at first but was pleasantly surprised. It's a great value hotel. There are some improvements that could be made especially with regards to the bathrooms of the rooms.

I really commend the staff who served us that morning, they were wonderful and we had no hassles getting our deposit back.

The breakfast was OUTSTANDING. I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Away from the road that runs in front of the hotel
Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dBongs
Gampaha, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel and everything was quiet good. The reception was very helpful and very pleasant. Food was also good and you can eat something rather than have it in outside. Room and the bath room were very clean and they clean them daily. It is 5-10 min. walk from hotel to the biggest fashion malls in Pratunam.

I can recommend this hotel to any one who is searching for clean room and less waling distance to the city.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Duminda S
Oxford
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed in the Dream Town hotel July 2012 for two nights. We booked 2 rooms.

Summary
An average hotel which falls very short of its name. Good location to BRT and Pratunum markets, clean sheets and towels but tired rooms and disappointing customer service

Positives
Close to shopping area (Pratunum)
Easy to get a taxi or tut tut
Close to the BRT

Negatives
Room decor is old and needs updating
Customer service needs vast improvement

We had two rooms booked, one for my wife and I one for my son and his two cousins. We took the Express train from the airport, I had read on the Internet that there was only 2 trains into the city, one the city line which stops at every stop and takes 30 minutes and one that goes directly to Makkasan City Which takes 15 minutes. However, the info I read is outdated as there is now a third train that goes straight to Phaya Thai and takes 20 minutes. Phaya Thai  is just behind the hotel which you can see from the station, however, there is no easy route to it so we chose to take the BRT to Ratathey and then walk from there, it took about 10 minutes to get there. Point to note here, the exchange rate in Phaya Thai train station was alot better than the airport.
The hotel itself is down a side street so you do not get the noise from the main street, it was still a busy little thoroughfare though.
Check in was OK, they asked for 500 baht room deposit which was refundable (and it was refunded when we checked out)
The porter showed us to our rooms, we were on the third floor, our room looked out on to the street, and the other room on to the back of the hotel where you could see Phai Thai station.
The sheets looked clean and there were clean towels, however, the rooms looked tired. The wall paper was coming away from the wall in places and it was looking a bit grey. The other room was worse. The bathroom has a stand in shower and sink, again it look old and tired. There was lots of black mold that you get in the sealant. The pressure of the shower was excellant However, the bracket holding the shower head was not tight enough and when you turned the shower on the head flicked up horizontally (above your head) so you ended up having to hold the shower head above you. We reminded ourselves we were only paying £20 per room per night!
There was a TV, Kettle and safe in the room with some complimentary bottled water.
The first night things went OK, we all got a good nights sleep. However, the second night was a disaster, at midnight and not long after my son and his cousins had gone to bed water started leaking through the ceiling above on to his bed. He called reception and they sent the night porter to have a look. You could see the water (or worse!!) dripping, the night porter suggested he moved the bed out of the way!!! At this point my son called me and I went to see reception, they said they only had one more room which did not have a window. I told them I didn't care as long as it didn't leak. The boys moved into the room which was a couple of doors away from our room and we settled down for a nights sleep. 2 O' Clock in the morning my son calls our room from reception saying that there was cockroaches in their room and the porter had come up when he had complained and sprayed the room, he had told them to wait 10 minutes and then he disappeared!! The cockroaches hadn't stopped moving, again I found myself in reception complaining. My sons two cousins being Malaysian said that they would still sleep in the room but for my son it was too much, so we got the porter to move the portable bed from the "infested" room into our room. Finally we got to sleep.
This episode spoilt our stay at this hotel, if it wasn't for the leak and cockroaches I would have been saying this is good budget hotel but after what happened I would say it was a poor budget hotel.

A couple of other things, a previous reviewer had mentioned that the hall ways were dimly lit and that floor 5 was like a scene out of an Asian horror movie. The halls were definatley
dim. We couldn't wait to check out the 5th floor, and we weren't disappointed!! Scary to say the least, there was no lights on at all, needless to say we didn't return to that floor.

Breakfast had an Asian theme, they did offer eggs cooked in 3 different ways (fried, scrambled and omelette) and had a toast station.

The hotel tut tut wasn't in service when we were there. Whilst on the subject of tut tut's on our first journey the driver pulled over and tried to get us to go places he wanted to take us rather than where we wanted to go. I had to put my foot down and after I told him I'd been to Bangkok many times and knew where I was going he backed off. A day later I saw another tut tut driver appear to try the same trick to a bunch of tourists.

We had a great time in Bangkok, the shopping was great, however, the hotel wasn't and for the reasons above I can not recommended it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family